Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60's rockers? Sounds like great fun! I was just a dot inside my mum in the 60's, but I'm sure she had fun...
    After all, look at me - I turned out weird enough!
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

im a little young for all this talk of mods and rockers (though i'm convinced i was born in the wrong era).

thanks for making me a mod. i feel grown up i hope i do a good job but first i'll have to work out how to do all the computer stuff. i'm a technophobe (is that right? that sounds like a have a phobia of techno)
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Ah - you'll be fine friday!

Young or old - all are welcome here. I'm sure you'll make a very good mod!

I also feel I was born in the wrong era - I love 80's music even though I was quite young at the time.

Greasers and rockers - it's just as much gobble-de-gook to me too!

Comment

Hi Friday!
          I am really glad that you agreed to be a Moderator.
          I also have always believed I was born a generation too late...a bit of an old Hippie myself, although I love Rock and Punk - The Clash are my favourite band of all time, althougn generally I love music in various forms. I am also a complete technophobe; I have a completely irrational fear of anything to do with computers...which is rather alarming in itself, since I put myself forward for the job of Moderator...ooops!

Comment

Good grief - am the oldest person on here then???
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Don't think so, RFLH. You are as young as you feel! I am constantly alarmed when I pick my 9 year old son up from school, and hear his mates say "OK, I'll email you when I get back home" and stuff. When I was a kid we were lucky if we were allowed to use the phone at weekends....and of course, our home phone number only had 3 digits. Area codes were a complete mystery....

Comment

I'm just over 3 years from my pension. Now that's scary!
                And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

at least you get a free bus pass!

Comment

i sometimes think i should have been a teen/20ish in the 80s but mainly for the music. as much as i would have liked to have protested in the 80s i don't think i'd ever want to experience real riots. we may moan about police brutality but i don't see that todays riots are anything in comparison to those of the past.
                    i shouldnt be a technophobe given that i grew up with computers. my grandad had an ancient computer when i was young that used cartridges, not floppy disks or cds! really i only began using computers frequently about 2/3 years ago. i refused to do my coursework on a computer when i did my gcse's but now it is compulsory!
                    i also think mentally i'm far too old. i can't seem to get on with people may own age. i think life has made me prematurely cynical.
                    "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                      at least you get a free bus pass!
                      i get a freedompass cos i am not allowed to drive (hallucinations, seizures etc)
                      it's great cos i would never want to drive anyway. i'd be too scared i'd kill someone. i can't even drive bumper cars, the people who work on them always have to pull me out of a corner!

Comment

No buses here - so a bus pass won't be a lot of use!

Comment

^no buses! where do you live? the antarctic?!
                          actually you probably just live in the countryside. thats more likely....

Comment

I hate busses! I'm not sure what it is, but I really don't like them. I much rather go on a train, when they actually work anyway. Trams are best.

Jo likes bussess - she uses them lots to get our son around but I'd rather walk or get the car or trani etc. Sadly, we don't have any trams where we are, although they've been talking about them as a good idea for years and years....

I don't qualify for any free travel or discounts.

Comment

i like the tube cos its quicker but buses are much nicer. you get a window with a view! i am lucky to have free travel BUT i can't use it on trains before 9.30am, meaning i either have to pay full adult price (before 9.30am a single is about £4.50) or else i just cant go out which is not always possible when you have hospital appointments at stupid times (aka in the morning)

Comment

Originally posted by webmoo View Post
                                I don't qualify for any free travel or discounts.
                                i don't know where you live but i know that in london there are loads of reasons for discounts like being on jobseekers, disabled (including some mental health problems), oap, uni student, child, 16-17 in education and then the fact a weekly travelcard is just soooo much cheaper than daily returns.

Comment

Working...
                                X