Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possibly wrong section but questions about sexual assault

hello all looking for a little advice

last sunday my dad was arrested (or at least i think he was arrested - was told by receptionist he wasnt and by the police officer he was) for sexual assault on male!!!!!!!!

a little background on my dad (not that this should really matter or be considered) hes 75 blind in one eye diabetic high cholestorol and some other medical issues. he is a devout muslim (not extreme or strict). high standing in the community and never been in trouble with the police in the 45 years hes been in the country not even a speeding fine.

a little background on this guy hes mixed race (half arab half english) 28/29, only on the hearsay of other people hes not quite the ticket, likes his drink, out of work

his mother is the type that likes to cause trouble

anyway last october my dad spoke to his friend who said his son is out of work getting in a bit of trouble etc etc, my dad said he needed some fences putting up so the guy said hell send his son round, which he did my dad showed him what he wanted doing etc etc with that he left, anyway a month later both my parents went on holiday to yemen (they have a place out there) for 5 months and came back a few weeks ago.

last saturday this guy turns up uninvited. while my parents were away myself and a friend put the fences up, my dad wanting to do a good deed said he could help with painting the fences and tidying up the garden for which he would pay him.

i took them to the shops to buy the paint then back home again, my wife and i were there till about 2 then went to her parents, leaving both my parents and this guy at home. my mom served my dad and this guy dinner they ate and went back to work

while they were eating in the living room my dad was talking to the guy saying how at 29 he should at least see his dads homeland find a nice girl think about settling down etc while he was talking to him my dad slapped his knee with the back of his hand nothing forceful my dad has a habit of talking with his hands

the guy went outside to work my dad made him a cup of tea then went upstairs to pray, when my dad came back the guy was gone

the guys dad already told my dad to keep an eye on him as he has a habit of doing half a job (he painted one side of one panel) my dad remembering his dads words thought nothing of it

anyway on sunday my dad gets picked up from home by the police while he was alone, i came back then the police turn up and tell me theyve got my dad theyve come for his medication all they could tell me is that someones put a complaint of assault against him

my dad was fingerprinted and photographed he was interviewed/questioned (is there a difference?) with a solicitor and a interpreter

he was released on police bail with conditions (does this mean hes been charged?) to return to the police station at the end of the month and not to go to the guys address or speak to him or his mother

there is absolutley no evidence against my dad, my mother was at home too admittedly not in the same room, my wife and i were there for a majority of the time, me being with my dad and the guy for the time while i was there.

i am absolutlely shocked to the very core how a little sh!t and fat sl@g of a mother is attempting to ruin an old mans life, my dad is putting on a brave face but its hit my mother brother and wife real bad. ive been so tempted to go round to his house but i know itll only make things worse

my questions are what happens now? what happens when my dad goes back to the police station? what is the worst case scenario? any help or advice will be gratefully appreciated

im sorry for the long post but ive tried looking up information on the net and cant find what im looking for

kindest regards

Hi OP. Apologies for the delay in approving this - I've been offline for a bit.
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

Hello

Maybe you can update us now that this has been posted up. Also maybe can you tell me whether you are in the UK or the US as parts of your post seems to indicate you that are in the US.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi Unregistered

Sorry to hear of what you are going through. Most of your post sounds as though you are in the UK, so I will assume for the time being that you are.

Being released on bail does not necessarily mean your dad has been charged. The fact that he has been told to answer bail at the end of the month would suggest that he has not yet been charged, but the solicitor he had present will be able to clarify that for you. In the meantime there is a lot you can do to help.

Get your dad to write down every tiny detail that he remembers about that conversations he had with this bloke - what was said, the tones of voice, the approximate time he was alone with him and for how long. You, your wife and your mum should also do the same. You would be amazed how a tiny detail can be incredibly important.

Seek out a good solicitor - do not, under any circumstances rely on the duty sol. Do some research and choose a sol who has specific (and successful!) experience of defending those accused of sexual crimes. If you let RF know whereabouts in the UK you are, she may be able to recommend a good solicitor for you.

Please please do not go near this man or his mum, or attempt to contact them in any way, even through a 3rd party - just stay well away. If you do go to their house you could well be charged with attempting to interfere with a witness. Similarly, if they make any attempt to contact your dad or any member of your family, report it to the police immediately, and make sure you inform your solicitor.

Finally (and possibly most importantly) if you do uncover something that could be useful to prove your dad's innocence, please Do Not even think about handing it to the police. They are not interested in finding out whether the allegations are true or not, they are merely interested in gathering enough evidence to prosecute. The police have been known to "lose" evidence that proves the innocence of the accused.

I don't want to frighten you, but please do take what I have said very seriously. This is a SAO (Serious Arrestable Offence) and could land your dad in prison for a long time.

Finally, make sure that you take care of yourself. Being the "strong" one is physically and mentally exhausting. Please let us knkow how you get on.

Saffron

Comment

Working...
        X