Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife has just left me

Hi all,

So how did it get to this? I have been with my wife for twenty years, we have three children.

Today she packed her bag and left, walked out of the door.

Can I put my side of the story forward? Can I not be seen as the bad guy? NO of course I cannot, because whatever I do I am wrong. Whatever I say, whatever effort I make it is simply wrong. I never beat; I never swore or verbally abused her. I bend over backwards to give he everything I had. I was a caring husband, never out on the lash, never unfaithful, not a women beater. But yet today, despite everything she went. Left me and our three children.

We have never argued, never fallen out, but she left today.

So this is the point, I am not crying, I am not wallowing in self pity. I still love her but don't think our marriage is survival. I accept it is over. She no longer loves me. So where do I go from here?

My marriage is over, finished. There is just me and my three children.

Where do i go?

Well,thanks very much for all the advice and support..

Really glad I am not suicidal, or I would have topped myself waiting for a reply from this "support" forum.

Cheers, goodbye.
    Last edited by kevinp; 30 May 2008, 11:15 PM.

Comment

For KevinP

Hi Kevin
      I have only just joined this site, and only joined after reading your message. I'm really sorry that no one replied to you, and although I can not understand the pain and bewilderment you must be going through, I am a good listener if you need someone to sound off at.
      I dont know if you will come back on this site after having no help whatsoever, but if you do, I really hope things get easier for you soon. Take care.

Comment

The world is your oyster. You don't realise it now, but you're probably better off. I and anyone else can only go on what you've said of course but if this woman left you then you are coping ok with it. I advice that you continue coping and do not pursue or try to make amends.

My ex wife left me back in 2001. She created arguments where the was none, she caused trouble for no reason and in the end "engineered" the break up by inflicting her awful family on me. In the end I discovered this was because she was having an affair and we'd only been married just under two years. That man whoever he may be is welcome to this faithless woman and I consider myself lucky to have got out, found someone else ten thousand times better and remarried. You can do the same.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X