Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I squeak or stay quiet?

Hi All

There is an old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" and I was wondering should I squeak a lot more or stay quiet? I have the contact telephone number for both the OIC and the prosecutor on my case and I have phoned them a few times. I have asked the prosecutor when a charge decision would be made but they repeatedly refuse to answer me saying I must go through my solicitor. I have asked my solicitor to ask them but I have not got a reply as yet.

I have nothing to do and I am within walking distance of the prosecutors office. I was thinking about confirming with my solicitor if they have got a reply from of prosecutor and if not, either phoning the prosecutor everyday until I get my question answered or even going to their office. I don't think there is any law against the prosecutor speaking to me directly, it may just not be done. If they repeatedly refuse to answer my question then I will visited the office everyday until they do. I just want to know when the charge decision is going to be made.

On the other hand I may just keep quiet depending on members advice. SO what are peoples views?

Given that the prosecutor will be making a somewhat arbitrary decision about your case my thought is not to annoy them.

They could decide to speed up the disposal of your case but that won't necessarily be in your favour given that they have targets to meet.

I think you have said before that you want to be prosecuted so you can have your say and disprove the lies but this is not a wise path. A court case carries a very serious risk and is something to be avoided if possible.

I know it's difficult to sit on your hands for months on end while the allegations hang over you like the sword of Damocles but that's my advice.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
      Given that the prosecutor will be making a somewhat arbitrary decision about your case my thought is not to annoy them.

They could decide to speed up the disposal of your case but that won't necessarily be in your favour given that they have targets to meet.

I think you have said before that you want to be prosecuted so you can have your say and disprove the lies but this is not a wise path. A court case carries a very serious risk and is something to be avoided if possible.

I know it's difficult to sit on your hands for months on end while the allegations hang over you like the sword of Damocles but that's my advice.
      hmm yea I know what you mean. To squeak or not to squeak that is the question. I am sorry if I have asked this question before as my memory is not that good.

Comment

I'm agreeing with Peter1975 here. Squeaky wheels are one thing but it's sometimes wisest to keep a low profile and just let the powers-that-be get on with it. There's a time and a place; pick your battles - there are all sorts of cliches to fall back on. We have been waiting for many, many months with no sign of the case even going to the CPS yet. It's torture. I spend more time than is sensible researching things I hope I will never need but finding out what is going on is a boat we have decided it's not sensible to rock. When all this is done will be the time to be a squeaky wheel, or preferably, a roaring lion. 'Why is it taking so long' is a question that it is easier to fob off than 'why did it take so long?'

Hang in there. There are lots of us hanging in there with you.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
          I'm agreeing with Peter1975 here. Squeaky wheels are one thing but it's sometimes wisest to keep a low profile and just let the powers-that-be get on with it. There's a time and a place; pick your battles - there are all sorts of cliches to fall back on. We have been waiting for many, many months with no sign of the case even going to the CPS yet. It's torture. I spend more time than is sensible researching things I hope I will never need but finding out what is going on is a boat we have decided it's not sensible to rock. When all this is done will be the time to be a squeaky wheel, or preferably, a roaring lion. 'Why is it taking so long' is a question that it is easier to fob off than 'why did it take so long?'

Hang in there. There are lots of us hanging in there with you.
          OK I shall take everyone's views on board and leave my activities to nibbling at their cables and leaving poop in their kitchen cupboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
            OK I shall take everyone's views on board and leave my activities to nibbling at their cables and leaving poop in their kitchen cupboards.
            Oh, the visual!
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

There is no harm in sending the OIC a polite email once a month asking for an update (or trying to get your unpaid solicitor to do it) but camping on on their desk until they make a decision is only likely to annoy them.

It is more difficult now that bail to return has largely been abolished and there is no "target date" to brace yourself for news.

You do have my sympathies
              For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

i rang the oic 4/5 times before a charge was made, he never once answered or got back to me when a message was left with a colleague as said above i would keep a low profile, even though its torture

Bob

Comment

OK I had to squeak a little

Hi All

I squeaked a little this morning. I rang the prosecutors office and asked for an update. They were polite and professional which was a change from the last response which was condescending. Polite and professional is the way to approach things and is how the CPS, Police etc should respond. I wasn't planning to contact them as per members advice but someone asked me for an update, so I had to get one. Oh the response was it is on their priority list.

Pond31

Comment

Glad to hear that it was a positive experience and that you now know a little more.

Comment

OK Just a question

Hi

I have to answer bail in March to respond to the FA's ABE. I was wondering, if she has not done an ABE by then, can I just tell the OIC I will be back when she does and when they have it typed up for my solicitor, which they didn't last time. The last one the OIC didn't have a copy of the ABE for my solicitor typed up after three months.

Cheers for info
                      Pond31

Comment

I would imagine they could extend your bail if she hasn't given an ABE but speak to your solicitor when you get there Pond. You really don't need much more than the name of an FA to be able to give some sort of denial.

Comment

I'd leave them to it, personally. I have been advised to strictly not contact the OIC and to go through my solicitor as I emailed the OIC for an update back in August. Apparently they (OIC) are not obliged to liaise with suspects, only 'victims'.

When the OIC phoned me in October about my phone, I apologised to him for emailing him directly and that I am inexperienced in this. He understood and said all emails form part of your case which goes to CPS, so if you're constantly chasing them - using the odd bit of pressure - it may get frowned upon by CPS, so best to leave it. Almost shows some character traits doesn't it. This is what he was telling me. Almost trying to assist me, but the cynic in me suggests he probably didn't want harassing.

Stay as present as possible, and as each day goes by, you're a step closer to it all being over.

Comment

All good advice here, Pond31, but just one more thing to add - you can't actually 'tell' the OIC anything in terms of what you will and won't do. They will decide what's what and you can ask politely if you want anything in particular but that it all. Patience and politeness are key elements - buckets and spades full of both.

Comment

I like cheese, squeak squeak. Cheese on Toast is so yummy. Anyone lend me a tenner until me dole money comes????

Comment

Working...
                              X