That’s it... I give up... Changing my plea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s it... I give up... Changing my plea

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...exual-assault)

My original thread ^^

After attending the ground rules hearing today and speaking with my barrister today and weighing everything up... I don’t stand a chance, that is obvious to me... Even the judge said that the evidence (laughs - Evidence) is in the prosecutions favour and that I could still change my plea and get credit.

If I plead guilty I will most likely get 2 years suspended and the register... If I go to trial and get found guilty I may get up to 4 years.

I give up... I can’t leave my kids for 4 years, I have no choice... Guilty.

Guilty for something I did not do. I have lost all faith in the justice system, I hate the police, I hate the courts, I hate women, I hate everything and everybody.

Solicitor is requesting a good year hearing to get an idea of what my sentence will be... The odds are so stacked in her favour it sickens me, the complete lies and the vulnerable act she is putting on makes me want to vomit.

I know a lot will disagree with my actions here but I can’t stand it any longer, I want out! I can’t stand another minute in that court room listening to them talk about how vulnerable she is... She has taken them all for a ride.

My barrister believes I stand a chance however she even admits that it doesn’t look great for me.

I wish you all the best of luck and I will stick around to help others out... Assuming I don’t get a prison sentence after all.

My only comfort is I know that I am innocent and I can live with the register and conviction. I don’t care, anything to just end this **** before I throw myself under a train.

Disgusting that her word against mine can potentially win a case, it is such a miscarriage of justice. I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!

Note: If they tell me at the hearing that it’s a prison sentence either way, then I will just bite the bullet and do the trial.... I also apologise if this doesn’t help others who are worried, please don’t take my actions as proof of your fate, every case is different I am sure
    Last edited by Fusiondoe; 6 February 2018, 03:26 PM.

I'm so sorry you feel that you have to give up the fight for your innocence. Don't do anything rash, it must be frustrating and infuriating to be in this position.
    I hope someone will be able to help and offer some advice on this forum. I just don't know what to say to you other than keep calm and keep your chin up.
    I'm not much help but I am thinking about you

Comment

Take a deep breath FD. You need some time to process everything and weigh up the pros and cons.

Barristers are duty bound to tell you at each stage that there is a discount for an early guilty plea - avoiding trials to save money has been a feature of the CJS for some time. Carrying out this duty is not the same as actually advising you to plead guilty, or at least it shouldn't be.

The "evidence" should be somewhat compelling for a prosecution to take place, however, that evidence hasn't been tested in court so I would take what the judge said about it being in the prosections favour with a pinch of salt.

I guess the time to decide will be after the Goodyear hearing. The judge can refuse to give an indication of sentence but doesn't sound like they will and the court will be bound not to give a longer sentence than indicated.

If a non custodial sentence is offered and you decide you can live with that then it's your decision.

The pros:

Avoiding custodial sentence

You won't be on the SOR for ever.

Gets it over with and avoids the stress of trial.

The cons:

You will be a convicted and confessed sex offender. This will be on your record for life.*

Social services may become involved with your children.

Protesting your innocence will be much more difficult.

It will affect your employability.

Might prevent you from travelling to the USA or other countries.

You will never know if a jury would have believed her or not.

* It's not impossible to appeal a conviction even after a guilty plea but it is much more difficult and would require some very convincing new evidence that the complainant was lying.
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

I am sorry you are thinking of giving up. The judge is part of a system that is corrupt, I would take anything they say with a pitch of salt. It may just be a way of getting a conviction when a case is weak or maybe they are being honest. I am sure others here would be able to say how Judges act. I would ignore the Judge and listen to your barrister. Being on the register will effect your life for ever not just 4 years. You should not plead guilty if you are not.

Comment

Oh, my gosh!! Please, please, just NO! Don't give up at this point. I know that the hearing must have been depressing and Peter1975 has set things out very clearly. Your barrister has to be realistic and not pretend they have a crystal ball, but the judge hasn't seen all the evidence and the jury will have much more time to weigh everything and discuss it.

Truly - you have done nothing wrong so how will you be able to look your girls in the eye and tell them that you are a convicted sex offender because you told a lie? Please think about that carefully surely it is better to risk a wrongful conviction when you may have the possibility of an appeal and all sorts, than to trot off to prison on the basis of telling a lie. god knows it's hard fighting for your innocence, but it's harder to live life as a convinced offender. Sexual offences affect your life as no other crimes do and you run the risk of losing your girls when you are released. PLEASE don't go down that road voluntarily. PLEASE take some deep breaths and do some serious thinking.
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
            Oh, my gosh!! Please, please, just NO! Don't give up at this point. I know that the hearing must have been depressing and Peter1975 has set things out very clearly. Your barrister has to be realistic and not pretend they have a crystal ball, but the judge hasn't seen all the evidence and the jury will have much more time to weigh everything and discuss it.

Truly - you have done nothing wrong so how will you be able to look your girls in the eye and tell them that you are a convicted sex offender because you told a lie? Please think about that carefully surely it is better to risk a wrongful conviction when you may have the possibility of an appeal and all sorts, than to trot off to prison on the basis of telling a lie. god knows it's hard fighting for your innocence, but it's harder to live life as a convinced offender. Sexual offences affect your life as no other crimes do and you run the risk of losing your girls when you are released. PLEASE don't go down that road voluntarily. PLEASE take some deep breaths and do some serious thinking.
            Thanks FWW and others.

Just a question guys! Any ideas on how to get a glowing pre sentence report??

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X