Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Representing myself

Hi

I have been attempting to arrange an appointment with my solicitor for the past few weeks and have been unable to because they have been too busy. I have also requested information from the prosecutor who has refused to answer questions not sent via my solicitor, the same has happen with one of the OIC's.

Well I understand that my solicitor, the OIC and the prosecutor are busy people as they have very many more cases to work on and have to be in court etc. However the thing is I DON'T the false accusations are my life taking up my thoughts 24/7. I have all the free time to think about and work on the case, so therefore I am considering representing myself.

This should allow me to ask the prosecutor questions directly, without them being able to delay answers by sending them via a solicitor. I will also be able to contact the OIC when I want and have them treat me as a solicitor.

I know the old saying about someone who represents themselves, has a fool for a client but I don't really give a phuck about this. From my experience of the legal system so far I found it to be populated by people who know their stuff but this stuff can be learn't by anyone who has a modicum of intelligence. The legal system system to be full of people who can't think outside the box and who are shocked when someone like myself asks them direct questions. They seem to be used to the accused person keeping quiet and meek. I have been quiet and meek long enough, it is time to step up a gear.

Pond31

I am certain that in cases where the charge involves a sexual offence that the defendant is not permitted to represent him/herself in court.*

This is on the understandable grounds that it would not be appropriate for the defendant to directly question the complainant about the accusation as it may cause them further distress.

In the case of a false accusation it might well put them on the back foot as well but the issue is how to distinguish between false and genuine cases without first putting them to a jury.

* If the defendant didn't instruct a barrister the court would appoint one on the day (with the resultant snag they would only have about 5 minutes to study the defence case!)

EDIT: re-reading your post suggests you are referring to preparing your case ready for trial so I suppose this would be ok if you can persuade a barrister to accept instructions directly from you. Perhaps you could approach one and ask?
    Last edited by Casehardened; 20 January 2018, 01:42 PM. Reason: clarifying response
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

No I don't think I would represent myself in court that is a bit daft, as I haven't got the wig or gown. OK id do have a wig and gown but that is for own private use

The reason I want to take my own action is because I feel the evidence I have and the police now have shows more than enough to sink the case but instead of being fair and professional, the police and prosecutor are dragging their feet. I cannot understand why the police simply don't have a look at the texts they have access too and update the prosecutor. However from my experience so far it takes weeks or months for the police to do the simplest tasks and then inform the prosecutor or the results.

Well I do hope my solicitor can give me an appointment this week, as want to ask them to hurry the police and prosecutor up.

It appears that the police and CPS/PPS do not care at all about the mental health and well being of the accused. They don't seem to care about anything other than getting a conviction and will delay failing cases as they try to scrape some bogus evidence of guilt together.

Pond31

Comment

There's nothing stopping you gathering your own evidence and presenting it to your solicitor so long as you don't breach any bail conditions; in fact it's essential that you do this as the image of the police and lawyers scurrying around 'investigating' cases as we see on the TV just doesn't happen. It seems as though that's exactly what you've done. :-) The job of presenting that evidence, to the OIC or the CPS is down to the solicitor and barrister, and I don't think that there's much in the way of anyone questioning anyone unless and until there's a trial. If the police and CPs have everything in the way of your evidence, there's no harm in asking your solicitor to see if they can hurry them up a bit to make a decision, but like so many other areas of public service, they are snowed under with work, and some people think that if you rattle them too much it encourages them to bring a charge to shut you up, rather than decide on NFA. It's a hard call, but I'd suggest keeping cool, calm and quiet for as long as you are able. Unfortunately, the accused's mental health isn't even on the prosecution's agenda, but don't be afraid to ask your doctor for some help or counselling if you need it. It's not their job to judge and they've probably come across your situation before anyway, given the prevalence of accusations these days.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I actually want the police to charge me rather than am NFA letter. I want my day in court so I can publicly complain about the slowness of the justice system. The stigma is already effecting my life so I have nothing to loose. I went to my GP not so long ago and there was suddenly a shocked look on the receptionist's face as a security warning flashed up on the screen.

So I shall heed the advice from wiser members and be quiet and reserved. I do however have a few ideas about what I going to do after my cases are over including following various legal routes

Comment

You can complain about the slowness of the system even if you get an NFA.
            What was the security message at the doctors? That sounds very worrying.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
            X