Age old accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age old accused

Sometime back in May I wrote to you guys for support and advice which you very kindly did.

It was regarding an alleged incident that happened some 26 years ago The girl who accused my partner never recalled her name but later found out was a young girl who worked with my partner for about 4 weeks (appentrice) any way my partner went for a voluntary interview which took many hours. The OIC said he may hear by December. Through out this time we tried to put this behind us but off course in reality it was always there from time to time we would row because the worse would get to me as well as him Every day he would check to see whether he had any emails but alas nothing.

Our officer and solicitor were brilliant, They kept us informed every step of the way and today was no different. He received a call whilst taking me to working from the new OIC asking to call her back. He called out team and said what should he do now they contactedon his behalf to get an email back saying excellent news ... "No further action" It sounded like a police decision andpossibly complainant did not want to go any further.

Now, this is great news we can get on with our lives....

I still have many questions though Why would anyone do this if they are not going to see it through to the end? Is it lack of evidence which is what we thought at the beginning as some of the questions asked by the OIC i proved wrong? Can they ever come back regarding this later on? Do we get any thing from Police or whoever in writing to say this is the end of it all. Yes I dont trust many and to be honest i cant help wondering what next?

Thank you, everyone, for your support through our ordeal

Firstly, congratulations Witchypoo.

You can breathe a sigh of relief. NFA is usually the end of the line especially if the complainant doesn't wish to proceed.

A "lack of evidence" is a slightly misleading way of looking at it. In all but the most ridiculous accusations there is some evidence but where NFA is taken that evidence is not considered sufficient for a successful prosecution. It's quite possible that what you proved to be wrong was a factor in the decision so well done.

There are some things you are always likely to wonder about sadly but not all false accusers are nasty, some of them are confused or unsure or have false memories, some are just daunted by the prospect of giving evidence in court. Who knows..

I'm pretty sure that you are entitled to something in writing so ask the officer in the case nicely, it sounds like you have had a decent one.

It is always possible for cases to be resurrected if there is further evidence or another complaint so the advice is for you to keep all evidence and timelines gathered at the back of a drawer just in case.

Not that you should worry any further, you will likely never hear about this again and fully deserve to relax and enjoy the dancing banana's.

For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Age old accused

Firstly Peter 1975 thank you for your reply.

For the first time in a long while have we chilled together as one?

We used Freemans Solicitors as previously said Harvey our officer was excellent he couldn't have done anymore had he tried. Do you think we should ask Harvey to contact their OIC for any paper work or just leave it be.

I agree about the paperwork I have printed this off with all the questions my partner remembers the OIC asking, we went through every question with a fine tooth comb, even down to where ths was alledged to have happened ,which we know couldnt be true as this was a social services office in full viewof general public.

Perhaps this goes to the cps and they knew it couldn't go further who knows but if that was the case we would have been told I assume.

I have been reading all the posts for all since this has happened to my partner I just can't believe how much of this goes on ...surely one day the government or someone should say for example if say 10 years or more we can not chase as they cant always be evidence? or am i dreaming

Comment

I'm glad to hear yet more praise for Harvey and Freemans.

I have asked Harvey and he says this:

"The "refused charge" notice is printed off the custody computer system. It only exists therefore for those arrested. I am sure the Officer would put it in an email but I deliberately emailed him so he had it in writing. Doubt he will get anything more formal. An email suffices legally for a released under investigation"

So it would seem that as the interview was voluntary you are not entitled to anything formally in writing but you can always ask the OIC nicely if you don't feel the email you already have is enough.
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Fantastic news. Unfortunately there often isn't much in the way of written confirmation but I hope that won't spoil your relief.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
          X