Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is all boll**ks

Hi All

I had written a rambling message here and decide to delete it as I did not want to moan again, so instead I shall ask one question. If my first case goes to nfa, can I request copies of the evidence the police gathered which would have been supplied to my defence if I had gone to court. I want too create a timeline of the investigation to see why it took so long for them to complete it and i want to see what evidence they had other than the FA's statements, because if they only had her statements I want to know why they took so long to investigate.

Pond31

Lol, regarding you moaning, surely not.....but regarding your query unless you are charged (so hopefully not!) the police will not release any information relating to their investigations beyond what was disclosed during the interview.

However if you are on good terms with the OIC you might be able to query a specific point and get an informal verbal response (as I did and got a very useful bit of information should there be a further allegation from the same quarter)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      Lol, regarding you moaning, surely not.....but regarding your query unless you are charged (so hopefully not!) the police will not release any information relating to their investigations beyond what was disclosed during the interview.

However if you are on good terms with the OIC you might be able to query a specific point and get an informal verbal response (as I did and got a very useful bit of information should there be a further allegation from the same quarter)
      So is this saying that the OIC should disclose any and all evidence he/she has during your interview?

I understand some may lie and keep it to themselves, however, I am led to believe that is in fact illegal (not that it stops them).

Comment

Originally posted by OEN34 View Post
        So is this saying that the OIC should disclose any and all evidence he/she has during your interview?
        Playing devil's advocate, the objective is to get the interviewee to incriminate themselves and as much or as little information will be given to achieve this; for example a question may be asked to which the interviewer already knows the answer in order to check whether the interviewee is being truthful.

The disclosure rules will be somewhere in P.A.C.E. but I believe sufficient evidence must be disclosed so that the arrested person can make a full response to the allegation made against them (so in the context of this forum it would be dates and nature of the alleged offences....but not that the accuser has made other false allegation, if this indeed is the case!)
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi All

I got an official answer from the pps (cps) after phoning them up. They said that if my case is NFA'd then I can request a copy of the file they have. I really want to answer to a question I actually asked the police, 'Did they have any contact directly or indirectly with the second FA, while investigating my first case?'. They have already said no to this question but I know the police are allowed to lie to you during their investigation, so I don't yet fully believe them. I am actually going to ask my solicitor to ask it again to see if they vary their answer. However I have to wait two weeks as my solicitor is not free at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
            Playing devil's advocate, the objective is to get the interviewee to incriminate themselves and as much or as little information will be given to achieve this; for example a question may be asked to which the interviewer already knows the answer in order to check whether the interviewee is being truthful.

The disclosure rules will be somewhere in P.A.C.E. but I believe sufficient evidence must be disclosed so that the arrested person can make a full response to the allegation made against them (so in the context of this forum it would be dates and nature of the alleged offences....but not that the accuser has made other false allegation, if this indeed is the case!)
            This is interesting, and makes sense.

During my first interview, the officer asked me a question relating to an alleged assault and my response shocked him, you could clearly see. He asked for clarification of what I said three times, relating to activities that went on within a 24hr period. I am certain the FA has said something completely different in her complaint relating to this specific situation, whereas what I said is something someone wouldn't make up at all, especially in the sort of accusations I am being accused of.

So it can go in your favour if you are completely honest and not telling the Police what you think they want to hear, even if you think it may be misconstrued. Explain yourself clearly, concisely and accurately and all will come out in the wash, as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
              Hi All

I got an official answer from the pps (cps) after phoning them up. They said that if my case is NFA'd then I can request a copy of the file they have. I really want to answer to a question I actually asked the police, 'Did they have any contact directly or indirectly with the second FA, while investigating my first case?'. They have already said no to this question but I know the police are allowed to lie to you during their investigation, so I don't yet fully believe them. I am actually going to ask my solicitor to ask it again to see if they vary their answer. However I have to wait two weeks as my solicitor is not free at the moment.
              I'm assuming you mean 'they', the Police?

This is interesting too, and absolutely worth following up after the case has been sorted. I think it's worthwhile asking yourself 'What benefit is there in knowing this information?' - as if you are contemplating making a complaint, then I understand your logic, although I'd bet your complaint would come to nothing unfortunately

If it is just to know, then in my opinion, drop it and move on. It will serve no purpose other than more agonising thoughts stirring in your brain that you don't need.
              Last edited by OEN34; 2 January 2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Yes my plan is to make a complaint if there are grounds too. We have a strong police ombudsman over here who would deal with it. My main goal however is not to seek revenge but to make the police investigate unbiasedly and think twice about how things are done.

Originally posted by OEN34 View Post
                I'm assuming you mean 'they', the Police?

This is interesting too, and absolutely worth following up after the case has been sorted. I think it's worthwhile asking yourself 'What benefit is there in knowing this information?' - as if you are contemplating making a complaint, then I understand your logic, although I'd bet your complaint would come to nothing unfortunately

If it is just to know, then in my opinion, drop it and move on. It will serve no purpose other than more agonising thoughts stirring in your brain that you don't need.

Comment

Working...
                X