Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The defence barrister's view on the Liam Allan case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The defence barrister's view on the Liam Allan case.

The DM have run an article based on an interview with the defence barrister. It is worth reading as it gives an insight into the behind-the-scenes workings of a trial and her view on false accusations in general (as well as a rare apology from Alison Saunders!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ms-police.html
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

I can't give Ms Saunders credit for an 'apology'. To say what happened was 'regrettable' and for the CPS to say that the case was dropped 'because there was no prospect of a prosecution' rather than 'evidence came to light proving innocence' is monstrous.

Good article though.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

It was lucky that both the prosecution and defence barristers were people would believed in the rule of law. This is international news and hopefully swing the pendulum towards a point where the police do their job of upholding the law whither he means getting a conviction or not.

The police officer in this case is either incompetent and should loose his job or guilty of perverting the course of justice and should loose his job.

Comment

I think it would be a mistake to turn this one officer into a scapegoat. It's unfortunate that he was involved in 2 recent cases but he isn't necessarily a bad apple. Disclosure issues are condoned from on high and people further up the chain need to be held accountable.

There also needs to be a change in the culture that allows a complainant to be deemed more believable than the accused no matter the circumstances. Both sides of the story should be, taken seriously and investigated in equal measure. We need to get to that level of impartiality.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Keep your swear jar close at hand

While searching for articles about the Liam Allan case I cam across this 'opinion' peace by a Barrister Charlette Proudman. Yes the surname is very ironic . I thought people may be interested in as the peace is amazingly bigoted. I will leave you all to read it but keep your swear jar handy.

https://www.theguardian.com/comments...ses-liam-allan

This mis-spelling of mishandling in the link is The Guardians fault.

Comment

That link doesn't work - try this one -

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ses-liam-allan

Comment

The hypocrisy of Charlotte Proudman is astounding. I was always taught that one mark of a lady is how she accepts a compliment, and the comment she is complaining about is far less 'objectifying' than the ones she made about men.

I wish too, that they would stop blaming 'cuts' for the disclosure issues. How much does it cost to hand over a computer disc?

Comment

Working...
              X