Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting to here and police being odd

Hi All

Great to have found this place to get some advice.

I had an allegation made against me about 9 weeks ago. needless to say it has turned my life upside down. i met a girl out on the town she came back to mine we fooled around then she was sick all over the place and left. A few hours later i awoke to the police stood in my bedroom. the FA has said i had sex with her when she was saying no to me. the reality is she was all over me i had used my fingers then she was ill i am sure no sex took place. the police took my suit that i was wearing but no bedding or my phone or take bloods etc nor did they swab my hands after i told them i had used that. she did not say i had used my hands on her and told them she was only sick because i made her be....not true at all. her friend was sat on my sofa down stairs and when she was ill i went and got her to look after her straight away, i even gave her my number in case she felt bad and told her to text me and i would reassure its nothing to be embarrassed about.

the police took dna etc and said they would have results in 8 - 10 weeks. i called the OIC this week and he told me they were gathering evidence and he would check Friday (i assumed for the results)and let me know. on Friday again he said we are gathering evidence i asked directly if it was the dna report they are waiting on and he sugested it may be but without saying it(kind of evasive). when i spoke to my solicitors they said they may have it already but be reviewing as they could not decide to close the case themselves and had to go up the chain and this may be why i have to wait. he told me to relax and enjoy Christmas if anything bad comes up he will let me know if not he will call after the new year....cheers mate not great

so my questions are

could they have the dna stuff back and not be telling me?
    is this usually how they would do things?
    i did use my hand so my dna will be present but no sperm (unless i had any on my hand already) would this account for the delay in being told?
    is it not strange they they gathered limited evidence from my room?

any other information people may wish to share would be greatly appreciated.

thanks gang

Welcome to DM ticktock, although I'm sorry you find yourself here.

Yours is a familiar story I'm afraid. I'm assuming that the police arrested you at home and you were then interviewed under caution?

You mention a solicitor, were they present for the interview?

The fact that her friend was downstairs and that you gave your number is in your favour I would suggest.

To answer your questions,

Yes, they could have the dna results. The police don't have to tell you anything.

Is this how they usually do things? Like a bunch of amateurs? Yes!

You have admitted to digital penetration but said it was consensual. They wouldn't need to verify that, the dna will be to check for your fluids on her.

No, not really. As you didn't know the girl there would be no reason to take your phone unless she alleges you took photos of her.

Have a look at casehardened's thread, what happens now? :

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

Write down everything you can remember and keep adding to it. details can sometimes be important.

It might be worth trying to find this girl on social media and take screenshots of anything she posts if you can. Definitely have no contact with her.

Around 80% of these cases go nowhere so the odds are in your favour. Try not to worry yourself to death.

Do you have some support nearby? family? friends?
    Last edited by Peter1975; 2 December 2017, 05:21 PM.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
      Welcome to DM ticktock, although I'm sorry you find yourself here.

Yours is a familiar story I'm afraid. I'm assuming that the police arrested you at home and you were then interviewed under caution?

You mention a solicitor, were they present for the interview?

The fact that her friend was downstairs and that you gave your number is in your favour I would suggest.

To answer your questions,

Yes, they could have the dna results. The police don't have to tell you anything.

Is this how they usually do things? Like a bunch of amateurs? Yes!

You have admitted to digital penetration but said it was consensual. They wouldn't need to verify that, the dna will be to check for your fluids on her.

No, not really. As you didn't know the girl there would be no reason to take your phone unless she alleges you took photos of her.

Have a look at casehardened's thread, what happens now? :

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

Write down everything you can remember and keep adding to it. details can sometimes be important.

It might be worth trying to find this girl on social media and take screenshots of anything she posts if you can. Definitely have no contact with her.

Around 80% of these cases go nowhere so the odds are in your favour. Try not to worry yourself to death.

Do you have some support nearby? family? friends?

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply great to know im not alone in this situation i have struggled to find any cases like it to read about.

I was arrested at home spent 20 hours in the station freezing my bits off with little water no breakfast and no tea all after a long day and 2 hrs sleep.... good times. i was eventually interviewed, gave my account and released under investigation. the duty solicitor was present and was great it was my first time in trouble of any kind so helpped me prepare and told me what to expect. i told my story and he then told me to go no comment as i had given a full account.

i have had a read of the whats next and many posts now but its hard to find much about how long the dna etc takes really and how/when they would present that. knowing that would be great as if anything was there (by fingers) they would be straight in touch but if not they could be looking at the digital penetration before talking again. knowing if they should have it by now would inform this

i have kept an eye on social media and she was making sexual jokes with in a couple of days post pics etc there is another level to why she may have made the allegation against me (could be anyone in my situation) but i dont think i should say as is specificity may be to much to put in the public domain

i have great friends and family and would never have got this far without them. as you may have guessed im an over thinker so have to have sounding boards and challenges to my different thought trails

Comment

Yes, it's wise not to say too much on here. Anybody can read what you put.

Good that you had the duty solicitor and also good that you gave an honest account. Glad to hear you have some support.

As I said, they will not need to look for your dna on her for the digital penetration as you have admitted it. I'm not sure dna testing is that good anyway. If she has claimed that it was attempted or completed rape, that can only be done with a penis and it will be the presence of your fluids, specifically semen or pre seminal fluid either in or on her that they will seek to verify the presence of.

I've no idea how long dna testing takes, sorry, and that might not be the end of the investigation anyway. The police nearly always work at a snails pace and nine weeks is not long at all if you look at the timescales in others stories on here, but some cases are disposed of quite quickly and it could also be that the DC has finished their report and the file is now in the queue to be reviewed by a senior officer who will decide if more work or further interviews might be necessary or whether to NFA, or send it to the cps for them to decide.

I get mixed up with so many cases and usernames so I can't think of any similar stories to yours off the top of my head, I can only suggest you keep looking and reading. There is a link to a blog on this thread that may help you (and may worry you a bit) but it is a good, honest account of a false allegation:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ght-out-a-blog
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
        X