21 months of waiting finally over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 months of waiting finally over!

Ive just been told that the cps after the right to review are on my side and thefalse alergation against me is all over. Now after months nearly 2yrs of waiting i want compensation. Can I claim against the cps for the distress and time ive had to wait? This is the Scottish cps btw. I want compensation for all of this. Can I? Who do i need to see to get the ball rolling!

An understandable reaction and one that many members experience.

I can only speak for the CPS in England but they are well-fireproofed against being prosecuted (after all they are all legally trained so should be!)

More seriously, remember that they didn't concoct this allegation against you, your ex did and the general public wants these allegations thoroughly investigated, after all look at the current media frenzy regarding Westminster and Hollywood.

It is in theory possible to prosecute and claim compensation from your ex for making the false allegation thus causing you loss and distress but do read this cautionary thread:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...pe-allegations
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Unfortunately, the Scottish system is archaic and can have you in court without ever having been interviewed by a police officer or having any idea that a complaint has been made against you as well has hanging on tenterhooks for months/years on end. It goes from one extreme to the other.

Casehardened is right, the real culprits are the False Accusers, the witch-hunt mentality of the public and the policies that have cases with no evidence in front of the courts, because the prosecutors are too frightened of making common-sense decisions.

It takes for ever, in part, because the system is overloaded. There is no come-back against officers who are just slow or lazy or biased. Your emotional energy is best put into recovering from the ordeal first, supporting others in the same predicament if you can, and lobbying your MP for change if you have one with a modicum of a social conscience rather than one who is simply out to feather their own nest and the ambition to join the 1%.

Apologies if that sounds cynical, but I see is as realism.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I understand the feeling of injustice and wanting some recompense for what you have endured but I have to agree with Frantic, your energies and money are better spent recovering and moving forward.

By all means take some legal advice to avoid nagging doubts in the future but you are now in control of your life, you can take this on the chin, breathe a huge sigh of relief and begin to pick yourself up. You've definitely earned these banana's:

For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

I have to go out on a limb here. Yes, the direct cause of a false allegation is the false accuser. But, in our community, there are people who will for various reasons tell lies: compensation, jealousy, vindictivness, child custody issues, mental illness, attention...

The public at large can justifiably expect some protection from the consequences of false allegations made against them or the people they care about. I do believe that the criminal justice system should bear some responsibility for the consequences of a false allegation and the burden should not be borne solely by the innocent accused.

Yes, as others have pointed out, there is little recourse currently, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't recognise the responsibility that agencies should have to protect the public from the harmful consequences of false allegations. And, yes, all allegations, including what turn out to be false allegations, need to be investigated, but the costs should not be borne by the falsely accused.

Comment

That's why I've suggested safeguarding one's own mental health as a first resort, (it's of primary importance), and then approaching a suitable MP. There are groups applying pressure, for instance lobbying to have the Henriques recommendations implemented, but again, personal health, mental and physical must come first.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
            X