Four weeks to go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four weeks to go!

Time has dragged since this nightmare started for our family. Now however we dont know whether we want it to continue to drag or to charge along! Four weeks before the accusations can be questioned, but there again four weeks to the worst point in our lives!
    Last week the FA sent a friend request to our 14 year old grand daughter!!! Luckily we had told her what was happening with her uncle and she refused the request and blocked her, we reported it to our solicitor who was amazed at the fact that the accuser had done this so near to the court case. Now if we had done that to her my son would be looking at jail!! Where does the fairness of the system come in?
    I gave a statement a while back. I presume i will be having to appear in court but have not yet received official notification, should myself and the other witness for my son get some form of official letter requesting our attendance? Obviously if i am notbeing called i will be there in court to support him, its just wanting to know whether i should be asking solicitor as obviously the other person has to book time off work etc.
    What do you all suggest we now do on the run up? I have started sorting the dreaded bag for my son. He just doesnt want to discuss the fact that he needs to sort out stuff, just in case, i understand this but dont want a mad rush the night before the jury makes their decision!

Has your son had a pre-trail meeting as yet with his barrister; he/she and his solicitor will make the decision which witnesses to call to give evidence for the defence and hopefully you will find out then who they will be.

I appreciate your son may be reluctant to discuss this with you but there are some posts in the 'Useful information' section of the forum from members who have gone through trial with great advice on how to conduct oneself when giving evidence in court. eg:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...xpect-at-Trial
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

All the best! Hope it goes well and you can move on

Comment

Those before the courts and dealing with these dreadful allegations often cope by delaying action as much as they can. Who can blame them? It's an appalling situation to be in, but it leaves their nearest and dearest and those supporting them left doing many practical things. You are wise to get the bag sorted for him so you don't have a rush the night before. Hopefully it won't be necessary, but if it is, your son will thank you for it.

Being a supportive parent or partner in these circumstances is hard and especially so when the accused is too frozen by fear to cooperate - but anything put in the bag and not needed can be used afterwards, so it won't go to waste. :-) If you're anything like me, having something practical to do goes some way to helping me cope too, so seize any chance you get to do something constructive so you don't sit and fret.

We are putting lots of things in place in case the worst happens, and if it doesn't, there's no harm done. That's how we are looking at it, anyway.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

One thing that I find incomprehensible is the fact that people acting as witnesses have not received a letter eight days prior to the court case, stating when they are actually required. One of my son's witnesses works in retail which is obviously extra busy this time of year.
          There is no excuse that the system can give for this poor organisation. After all they have had months to organise themselves.
          Once upon a time I had faith in our police and legal system. That faith is now seriously depleted. If my son is guilty of such a serious crime, why the hell has he been left free for this long period of time?? Same thing goes for if not guilty why leave people to suffer for such a long period of time??

Comment

It's no wonder you are stressed out

I am presuming you are referring to witnesses that are to be called by the defence? I can only suggest you get in touch with the solicitor asap and voice your concerns regarding the late notice, I would have thought that they would have been given at least a rough date to keep free in their diary.
            For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
            https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
            X