Average length of cases? Trapped in a nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average length of cases? Trapped in a nightmare

Hey everyone. I've posted before regarding a historical rape allegation against my partner from 6 years ago. It's been 5 months almost and still no word from anyone. The anxiety some days is unbearable & swallows us both whole at times. I have a few questions that I wondered if anyone could help with as talking to my partner often just triggers the anxiety for him (we do and have taked a lot about every detail) but I feel it's not fair to spin him off on a downer again.

How long on average is it until a case gets heard? Last we heard the police said they were waiting on several reports coming back.

If something major had been uncovered would they have arrested him by now? Is no news good news? Girl says she has CCTV evidence of him breaking In her home which we knew was ******** anyway but her "no evidence" claim at the point of her statement proved this was a lie. thankfully I have the message she send stating this) Even my partner said GOOD WELL IT WILL SHOW US SMOKING AT THE WINDOW DURING THIS CONSESUAL PERIOD OF TIME THAT I WAS THERE! What he's worried about is her history of mental health issues and possible records of reporting rapes through the doctors being used?? Can this happen? Said woman has cried rape 3 times and I believe she may have a history of various mental health related records with medical professionals. Thing is unless she went to a rape clinic the day after a report of her claiming she was raped wouldn't stand in a court of law would it? We have no idea the things she's reported to doctors over the years or what she plans on using against him. We are dealing with another level of crazy here and it's horrific to deal with!

This woman has caused us so much hassle, not only in our home town but by tarnishing his name and good reputation.

Please help

Originally posted by anxiouspartnerof View Post

How long on average is it until a case gets heard? Last we heard the police said they were waiting on several reports coming back.

If something major had been uncovered would they have arrested him by now? Is no news good news? Girl says she has CCTV evidence of him breaking In her home which we knew was ******** anyway but her "no evidence" claim at the point of her statement proved this was a lie. thankfully I have the message she send stating this) Even my partner said GOOD WELL IT WILL SHOW US SMOKING AT THE WINDOW DURING THIS CONSESUAL PERIOD OF TIME THAT I WAS THERE! What he's worried about is her history of mental health issues and possible records of reporting rapes through the doctors being used?? Can this happen? Said woman has cried rape 3 times and I believe she may have a history of various mental health related records with medical professionals. Thing is unless she went to a rape clinic the day after a report of her claiming she was raped wouldn't stand in a court of law would it? We have no idea the things she's reported to doctors over the years or what she plans on using against him. We are dealing with another level of crazy here and it's horrific to deal with!

This woman has caused us so much hassle, not only in our home town but by tarnishing his name and good reputation.

Please help
    The average time for a charging decision is 6-9 months but in some cases this can be very much longer I'm afraid. It can take a long time for the police to gather records from various agencies, or at least that's their excuse for working at a snails pace.

I don't think he would have been arrested for breaking and entering if there was CCTV evidence as presumably he denied this at interview, but the fact that she has claimed this will count against her credibility, as could her history if she has done this kind of thing before.

Without knowing too much here, I am wondering why you would be worried about her making previous allegations unless she named your partner. She may have a documented history of being a pathological liar and attention seeker.

Apart from the usual advice to make a timeline and keep adding details, stalk the accusers social media and take screenshots and make sure you have a good solicitor, try to take your mind off things for a while if you can, there is no use in worrying about what may happen..

I know the waiting is horrible but fingers crossed it won't be too much longer and the news will be good.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

I'm sorry you've had to come here. Its a horrible position to be in having to see someone you love going through this along with all the worries about what might happen.

I'm afraid that it took 2 1/2 years from the time the false accuser first went to the police in early 2015 for my partner to get an NFA in early September 2017. This was also alleged historical abuse. I hope that things will pan out for you a lot quicker than that but in the meantime try not to obsess about it (easier said than done) carry on with hobbies and enjoy time with him. Get out the house every day, walk, go to films and plays, listen to music - whatever you enjoy - don't let it take over your life any more than you can help it because you've got a life to lead. I obsessed, it did my mental health no good and I wish in hindsight I'd taken more time for myself to do nice distracting things

Being blunt I'm afraid the fact she didn't go to a clinic the next day won't be particularly relevant lots of people wait before they report (or tell blatant lies to the police) - sorry

Do monitor her social media and take screen scrapes of anything you think may be useful.

Comment

Working...
      X