Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to a expect from legal team in build up to going to trial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to a expect from legal team in build up to going to trial?

Hi folks,

With little under 2 months till I go to trial, I am again seeking some advice.

This forum has been amazing at putting my (overdriven) mind at rest.

As the title of my post says, what should I expect from my lawyer/barrister in the build up to trial.
    I havent heard very much from them, so assuming no news = good news.

However as the time ticks down should I hear more from them or should I be contacting them?

Again any replies appreciated!

I am interested as well as son due in court start of december and although have seen barrister/solicitors a number of times they havent even looked at the file of evidence we had put together much less discussed it.
    I know the wheels of the legal system move slowly but it seems that they dont move at all sometimes!

Comment

Am I right in thinking you are in Scotland? (Sorry - I lose track especially when I have my head in an appeal)
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

You are correct @rightsfighter.

Scotland.

Comment

I think laws and procedures are rather different to here in England. Hopefully somebody from your neck of the woods will happen by, and help.

Comment

Originally posted by Wronglyaccused2016 View Post
            You are correct @rightsfighter.

Scotland.
            We had a case conducted in Scotland, Wronglyaccused2016. We never ended a meeting or phone call with the solicitor without knowing what to expect next and the timeframe. If you don't know what's happening and expecially if you are worried, feel free to call them and ask. I don't say this in the spirit of saying that people should pester their legal team or anything like that, but don't forget that even if you are getting legal aid, you are employing them and are entitled to a certain amount or reassurance. Yes, they are intelligent, capable and highlytrained people who are often very busy, but that doesn't make them better than you in the respect that they can just leave you dangling and worrying with impunity. No, they don't provide counselling or other emotional supportservices, but if there's a knowledge gap, you are entitled to ask them to fill it.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

@franticwithworry

thank you for your reply.

I will do just that, I have always been a believer that silence is bliss.
              Naivety possibly.

Comment

Time for my fruity goodness please!

My trial has been ongoing since Monday.

Today, after seeing my FA LIE to a QC and admit she was on the stand, seeing my FA call the Police liars whilst also on the stand and then make various contradictions to her statements....along with the forensic information proving without a doubt that what she claimed happened, didnt, I got my verdict.

NOT GUILTY!

2 years of hurt and stress are over and I am now heading out for some much needed posh nosh and a bottle of champers!

Thank you to all who have contributed your efforts to my pleas for help and advice.

Comment

Another lying FA bites the dust. Congrats to you and I hope your life goes well for you. OK I have to ask any chance she can be done for making false allegations or perjury?

Comment

What brilliant news, justice has (finally) been done (though I expect she will walk away from any consequences!)
                    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Congratulations. Your news gives me hope that my son might be able to regain his life in a couple of weeks.

Comment

wonderful news for you. Good to hear that finally you got chance for the truth to unravel. Liars don't remember their lies. Take time to recover . Christmas will be all the better this year

Comment

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post

Another lying FA bites the dust. Congrats to you and I hope your life goes well for you. OK I have to ask any chance she can be done for making false allegations or perjury?
                            Thank you!

During the Prosecution's cross examination the QC actually said "are you (me) claiming that the complainer is committing perjury by lying in court". My reply was "Yes and she has also answered your questions with a lie as you have pointed out to her"!

So I would assume that could have got her charged with perjury with the verdict going the full way to proving my innocence.

Especially when up here in Scotland you have 3 verdicts you can give, Not Guilty, Not Proven, and Guilty.

However nothing was mentioned in court and to be frank, I could not leave that courtroom quick enough after the Judge told me I could leave!

Comment

Woo! Hoo!

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
                              X