Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may have heard about my case: Alexander Economou v Eleanor de Freitas

Hi there.

My name is Alexander Economou and I was falsely accused of rape 5 years ago. just wanted to say that I have written a blog about my false rape ordeal that can be found at www.accused.blog

Thankfully I had evidence to show she had lied and took out a private prosecution.... but then she killed herself. Her dad went to the press saying his daughter really had been raped and the saga continued.... it is still ongoing.

The latest bit of news on my case is that the officers on the case are facing a public misconduct hearing, for refusing to examine evidence. It only took 5 years to get that, but I was determined to get justice. See the blog for details.

I will be posting more updates on my blog and sharing tips on how you can access information from the police, 3rd parties eg cctv etc. I spent hundreds of thousands on legal fees in the last 5 years and have useful templates of letters which I will post in the next few weeks.

Keep fighting and never give up!

All the best,

Alexander

Thanks for letting us read your blog Alexander,.

I would be very interested to know more about how your trial and rape case went, and what you did when first arrested etc to enable you to get the Not Guilty verdict

I am still awaiting a CPS decision on my case ( for the last 11 months) so I am really interested to hear from anybody that has trod this awful road before me , and any advice they can give .

I would not have enough money to be able to sue my false accuser , but oh boy would I like to, I know she is now all loved up with some guy and 'happier then she has ever been' why this poor b****** is in a living hell because of her lies.

Comment

Thanks for this Alexander,

I think many of us are familiar with your case and you are a bit of a hero to so many of us that lack the resources to fight back.

One of the most frequent questions we get here is what can be done to a false accuser and our answer is that even with proof that they lied, the police are still very reluctant to start an investigation so the only other option is a private prosecution.

It should be noted for any others wealthy enough to take this option that while the CPS were obliged to take over your prosecution and pay your costs based on a realistic prospect of conviction, they would also be obliged to take over and discontinue a weaker case.

I shall keep an eye on your blog and read it with interest.
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Hi there CS!

I am sure you were in this group under another username?

You did well

I was supporting a guy another case very similar to yours. He was found NG thank God.

Such a shame that your blog is not on Wordpress as I would have shared far and wide via my own.
        Last edited by Rights Fighter; 5 October 2017, 10:13 AM.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you for access to your Blog, Alexander. It makes very interesting reading and I will look for your promised updates.
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
            Hi there CS!

You did well
            Crazy Story has always posted under this username however I deleted some of his earlier posts (at his request) which might explain the apparent anomaly.
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Really? I thought he posted under something else a long while back. Possibly my little old lady memory is playing up! Maybe he will clarify when he comes in next
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Really? I thought he posted under something else a long while back. Possibly my little old lady memory is playing up! Maybe he will clarify when he comes in next
                I thought this was familiar too RF??
                Are we all getting old, lol
                YoH

Comment

Just wanted to say a very big thank you Alexander for your blog which I am part way through reading.

I am the mother of a son who was falsely accused of rape by his adopted sister back in 2013. He was found not guilty within an hour and I still forbthe life of me cannot understand how it ever got to court.

Whilst he would say he's over it all, as his mum I don't really believe that. I still struggle with it all and recently have accessed some counselling to try and work through my own trauma. I have raised a daughter who is a positive danger to people but have to remind myself she was very damaged before she even joined our family. Part of our defence team strongly implied Social Services with held information about her. If we had known that information we wouldn't have adopted her. There are times I wish I could sue Social Services . I am livid at Social Services and the police. Maybe at some stage in the future I can point my son towards your blog. I'm sure it will be helpful to many.

In the present climate I find myself ashamed of my own gender. I am sure there are cases of false allegations that go completely unpunished and that destroy multiple lives. I always feared more for my daughters when raising them, but my heart now bleeds for men and boys who seem to be getting a very rough deal. I find myself questioning alll the statistics on rape. Whilst I don't doubt rape happens , and I utterly condemn it as a terrible crime surely we can't go on believing every complainant simply because they claim they have been raped ?

Hopefully the voices of those falsely accused will become stronger and I commend you for your bravery Alexander in writing your blog.

Thanks again to those on this site who support people through very dark times and wishing better days to come for innocent people here still fighting there way through the process.

Comment

Originally posted by imsam View Post
                    Thanks for letting us read your blog Alexander,.

I would be very interested to know more about how your trial and rape case went, and what you did when first arrested etc to enable you to get the Not Guilty verdict

I am still awaiting a CPS decision on my case ( for the last 11 months) so I am really interested to hear from anybody that has trod this awful road before me , and any advice they can give .

I would not have enough money to be able to sue my false accuser , but oh boy would I like to, I know she is now all loved up with some guy and 'happier then she has ever been' why this poor b****** is in a living hell because of her lies.
                    In my case I was arrested and put on bail for 6 weeks but I quickly gathered evidence to prove my innocence, so there was no charge. I was lucky to obtain CCTV from Ann Summers showing myself and the girl shopping for £340 of sex toys, the morning after the alleged rape. Two friends also gave mobile phone evidence which showed text messages of the girl having a great time and directly contradicting the account she gave to police.

Even though the police refused to prosecute her, they handed over 3rd party witness statements and other material to help with my prosecution. This material was obtained via A Subject Access Request under the data protection act. One officer also agreed to give a witness statement. The full story is on http://www.accused.blog - which has around 70 pages with the full details.

I do wish you well on your case. 11 months is a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
                      Thanks for this Alexander,

I think many of us are familiar with your case and you are a bit of a hero to so many of us that lack the resources to fight back.

One of the most frequent questions we get here is what can be done to a false accuser and our answer is that even with proof that they lied, the police are still very reluctant to start an investigation so the only other option is a private prosecution.

It should be noted for any others wealthy enough to take this option that while the CPS were obliged to take over your prosecution and pay your costs based on a realistic prospect of conviction, they would also be obliged to take over and discontinue a weaker case.

I shall keep an eye on your blog and read it with interest.
                      In my case the police officers and now facing a misconduct hearing. They were interviewed under caution and asked why they refused to investigate the girl for lying and why they refused to gather evidence - when it was very easy for them to do, having been given a number of leads. In the interviews they said they were under political pressure from charities and were fearful of being criticised. Although I have seen the report, the misconduct hearing has still not happened, but when it concludes there should be a lot more press about this. Ann Widdecombe has already commented in the Daily Express about this and supports fairer treatment of those publicly accused.

Comment

Hi there CS!

You did well

I was supporting a guy another case very similar to yours. He was found NG thank God.

Such a shame that your blog is not on Wordpress as I would have shared far and wide via my own.
                        Hi there. I was always here under Crazy Story since the start. My posts were removed during the private prosecution so there's no record of them. Incidentally I found out though disclosure in libel proceedings, that Ms de Freitas had been on this forum and found my comments about her, even though I was writing under a pen name.

Thank you for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by carrot tops View Post
                          Just wanted to say a very big thank you Alexander for your blog which I am part way through reading.

I am the mother of a son who was falsely accused of rape by his adopted sister back in 2013. He was found not guilty within an hour and I still forbthe life of me cannot understand how it ever got to court.

Whilst he would say he's over it all, as his mum I don't really believe that. I still struggle with it all and recently have accessed some counselling to try and work through my own trauma. I have raised a daughter who is a positive danger to people but have to remind myself she was very damaged before she even joined our family. Part of our defence team strongly implied Social Services with held information about her. If we had known that information we wouldn't have adopted her. There are times I wish I could sue Social Services . I am livid at Social Services and the police. Maybe at some stage in the future I can point my son towards your blog. I'm sure it will be helpful to many.

In the present climate I find myself ashamed of my own gender. I am sure there are cases of false allegations that go completely unpunished and that destroy multiple lives. I always feared more for my daughters when raising them, but my heart now bleeds for men and boys who seem to be getting a very rough deal. I find myself questioning alll the statistics on rape. Whilst I don't doubt rape happens , and I utterly condemn it as a terrible crime surely we can't go on believing every complainant simply because they claim they have been raped ?

Hopefully the voices of those falsely accused will become stronger and I commend you for your bravery Alexander in writing your blog.

Thanks again to those on this site who support people through very dark times and wishing better days to come for innocent people here still fighting there way through the process.
                          Thank you for the support and sorry to hear about your sons case. Definitely anger and frustration is one of the emotions that is strongly felt in cases like this and tough to deal with, especially when things hang there unresolved. At the moment I have two things running which hopfully willhave a positive outcome not just for me but for others:

a) Police Misconduct hearing (for refusing to look at evidence I provided them with against Ms de Freitas)
                          b) Libel case appeal (against the father publicly accusing me of raping his daughter)

If I am successful in the above then it will generate more positive publicity and awareness about how difficult it is to clear ones name, especially with the police misconduct hearing. It will show how the police take a very one sided view. If I win the libel then it will offer better protection for thoe publicly named in the media.

All rather stressfull. It will be five years on December 23rd...

I am glad I prosecuted Eleanor de Freitas though. Especially with whats happened recently in the press. If I hadn't prosecuted her she and her father would have hounded me for the rest of my life.

Strength to you and your son.

Comment

Working...
                          X