Liar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liar

There is a new series starting on TV at 9pm tonight called 'Liar' it is a new drama

Its about a rape case, where its a case of he said she said and one of them is lying of course

I am going to watch it, but I'm nervous to watch it , worried about how the series will go ,
    I thought perhaps some of you might also like to watch it

Sam

Hopefully the television company might be better brave enough to highlight false aligations of rape and the effects to those arrested. I can only hope

Comment

Well it started well enough & had a large audience. So far its is evenly balanced re who is lying. But all the press reviews I read about the programme today said that there is no way the TV companies can go with the "victim" being the liar as they would have every woman's group in the country after them. At the moment it is a true."he said she said "& so much like my case except mine was at a party with others close by. But neither of us had any bruises etc etc. In my case I suppose It will be down to who a jury believes. I think the TV series will go into a much more complicated case bringing in his dead wife & her mental problems.

I agree 0990 it would be wonderful but unlikely that this programme will find the girl is lying although on this first episode only she looks the more likely to be lying as she had forgotten so much of what happened and is showing her nasty side but posting on his page that he raped her so all his friends & workmates can read it

Comment

I had the unworthy thought that the scriptwriter had been reading this forum as a lot of the storyline seemed awfully familiar until right at the end they brought in the bit about her drink possibly having been spiked.........as you mentioned there is no way this will turn out to be a case of only having withdrawn consent the next morning.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Well in the third episode, it's not now looking good for the guy in this Drama, it'seems' like he is guilty.

I always thought that would be the case as there is NO WAY any TV drama would risk the wrath of women's rights groups by making her the liar.

I had hoped that someone else had come in and raped her after he left ( there were two suspects her ex BF and an ex teacher she had previously accused) but in the last episode we saw the FA spike her drink.

One thing that hit home to me who has been waiting for so long to hear from the CPS. when the CPS decided not to prosecute in this case, the police women IMMEDIATELY got in touch with the girl, whereas the poor guy had to wait days until the same PC told him , but assumed he already knew ( which he didn't)

This of course is a drama, and they are building all sorts of unrelated to the 'rape' stories into it. But now there are two alleged 'rape ' cases running through the story. One case of the head teacher inappropriately touching the same 'victim' several years ago, ( she dropped the charges ) and this first date 'rape' case.

The only thing that worries me about these kind of TV drama's that are VERY popular with high ratings, is that they may influence jury's especially female jurers

The main male character a Surgeon comes across is a REALLY great man, totally believable when he proclaims his innocence, so if it turns out he is lying and a rapist , then it will look bad for us all I fear

Comment

I watched the final episode in which it appeared (?) that he did indeed spike her drink but she chose his (?)

However the twist in the tale was that he possibly murdered his last ex (cue camera shot of his evil eyes!) and this might turn out to be a pattern.

As mentioned there was really no way this programme would turn out to portray a woman as a FA, the clue was that the helplines referred to in the closing credits didn't include a link to accused.me despite them requesting one (this according to the Mail on Sunday; I haven't looked at the helpines)

Comment

I didn't notice that he took her glass, and I also did not wait for the credits but I will next time . If it did turn out he was innocent, that would be a great boost for us, as it depicts what he and his son is going through while awaiting a decision from the CPS. When you look at the distress that someone like Cliff Richards went through while they were investigating him, he looked like a really old man at the end of his 'nightmare' which went on for a couple of years .

I cannot tell you what affect its all having on me , as well as the pure fear of what will happen, and this feeling I have of impending doom. the stress is now making me physically ill. Also I have just found out that if I am charged I should really tell my boss and at the very least I will be suspended , I dread anyone at my firm finding out.

Also someone said to me today that the FA can get compensation from me, as well at the state ( she knows I do have some personal money ) she had no bruises or anything, so is this true that she can claim compensation from me personally too?

Comment

As far as I know she can claim from the Criminal injuries Compensation Board, (CIC but not you personally. She could only sue you personally if she had a lot of money
                to start with and you had a lot of money to make it worth her while.
                'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by imsam View Post
                  If it did turn out he was innocent, that would be a great boost for us, as it depicts what he and his son is going through while awaiting a decision from the CPS.
                  If you ignore all the nasty little digs at him (wish I'd noted the name/gender of the scriptwriter!) the bottom line was quite positive in that the CPS wouldn't prosecute because of the concern that the accuser, their only witness, was not deemed to be reliable.

PS I thought the episode I watched on Monday was the concluding one, maybe it is scheduled differently in other regions so apologies if I've spoiled the storyline for anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by imsam View Post

Also someone said to me today that the FA can get compensation from me, as well at the state ( she knows I do have some personal money ) she had no bruises or anything, so is this true that she can claim compensation from me personally too?
                    I hate to be the bearer of bad news (or give ideas to nasty FA's ) but she could sue you if she can persuade a no win no fee solicitor that you are wealthy enough for it to be worth their while. The case of footballer David Goodwillie in Scotland was I believe the first civil case up there that was brought without a criminal trial. DG and his friend were ordered to pay her 100,000. I seem to recall another case in England too but as I say, you would need to be pretty wealthy for them to even attempt it.

Criminal court judges do have the power to order defendants to pay compensation but it virtually never happens, the only case I know of is recent where a 102 year old man was ordered to pay 25,000 as an alternative to sending him to prison.
                    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                      If you ignore all the nasty little digs at him (wish I'd noted the name/gender of the scriptwriter!) the bottom line was quite positive in that the CPS wouldn't prosecute because of the concern that the accuser, their only witness, was not deemed to be reliable.

PS I thought the episode I watched on Monday was the concluding one, maybe it is scheduled differently in other regions so apologies if I've spoiled the storyline for anyone!
                      It was written by Harry Williams and Jack Williams. They are brothers and Jack was born in 1979. They've written a couple of other things together. That's pretty much all IMBD says about them.
                      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
                      X