Released without bail - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Released without bail - please help

Hello everyone, always read from afar but finally posting. This place has been a great help to me so far. My partner has been accused of rape, from 6 years ago. We've waited 8 weeks so far to be told recently that the police are looking through several reports and will get back to us soon. Any idea on what reports these could be?? My partner went in to the station voluntarily but with a solicitor and was told there was NO Evidence.

The girl in question has acted so strangely, from asking to meet my partner in places, attacking him in the street, texting both of us saying she didn't think he was a bad guy, saying she has cctv evidence and lots of other evidence... to then obviously putting in this allegation down at our local station as well as other odd behaviour. We know she has accused 2 other people of rape previously too.

My partner has been released without bail, anyone know why this would be? Is this a positive thing? As I've seen a lot of people on bail or having bail extended.

I'm just looking for ANY advice really and support. This has tore us apart and given us both the worst anxiety of our lives. It's been a pain like no other.

Thanks in advance.

Anxiouspartnerof

Hello and a sad welcome Anxiouspartner,

The false accuser sounds like a kook so the reports could be social services, doctors, mental health assessments or police reports related to her previous allegations/behaviour - if your other half (OH) reported her attacking him in the street for example .. It can take an age for other agencies to give the police the information they ask for so this may take a while.

Since April 2017, police cannot keep suspects on extended bail without good reasons so it has become the norm to release without bail pending further investigations. While this is a good thing insomuch that some police could be very unreasonable when imposing bail restrictions it makes no practical difference to how long it takes them to complete an investigation. It is neither positive or negative.

The downside is that you are simply cast out on to the street with no idea when you'll hear anything. The other thing is that standard bail conditions would always include not contacting the accuser (under threat of a possible remand in prison) and it is not any longer made clear that the consequences of having contact with the FA could be charges of harassment or witness intimidation, both potentially serious matters in themselves. Stay well away!

Standard advice is to stalk the accusers social media if you can and take screenshots, preferably with the date showing ( or get a mutual friend to do it) - you would be surprised at how many FA's can't help post things that undermine their own case. Obviously do not rise to any provocation and respond and if she seems hell bent on winding you up, block and ignore.

Also standard is to write down everything in a chronological order should you need it. Save any messages, emails etc that might document your relationship with the woman. Share this only with your solicitor and never the police without taking legal advice.

Take a look at this thread too:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

On a positive note, the vast majority (80%) of all cases go no further than the investigation stage and are NFA'd. They just take their time but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Try to keep busy and be kind to yourselves

Keep posting for support.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by anxiouspartnerof View Post
      Hello everyone, always read from afar but finally posting. This place has been a great help to me so far. My partner has been accused of rape, from 6 years ago. We've waited 8 weeks so far to be told recently that the police are looking through several reports and will get back to us soon. Any idea on what reports these could be?? My partner went in to the station voluntarily but with a solicitor and was told there was NO Evidence.

The girl in question has acted so strangely, from asking to meet my partner in places, attacking him in the street, texting both of us saying she didn't think he was a bad guy, saying she has cctv evidence and lots of other evidence... to then obviously putting in this allegation down at our local station as well as other odd behaviour. We know she has accused 2 other people of rape previously too.

My partner has been released without bail, anyone know why this would be? Is this a positive thing? As I've seen a lot of people on bail or having bail extended.

I'm just looking for ANY advice really and support. This has tore us apart and given us both the worst anxiety of our lives. It's been a pain like no other.

Thanks in advance.

Anxiouspartnerof
      Hi anxiouspartnerof

Sorry to see you here, but well done for posting, this site is invaluable when you are the victim of a false allegation especially of a historic nature. From experience I know the pain and shock you are in, it is truly earth shattering. But try and keep calm and not jump to the worst conclusion.

Unfortunately it can be a long process and as much as you want it sorted out quickly it won't be. The police will take time. In the mean time I found it helped to make a timeline of everything he can remember of events around the FA, discrepancies he knows can't be true, especially other allegations she's made you are aware of and any evidence you may already have including the text messages, any Facebook screenshots and any little detail to disprove what's been alleged. Most of all if you need any help with the anxiety See the doctor, both of you, it can really help.

Hopefully it won't even reach any charge as it sounds as if she's a serial,accuser, but if it does you can get through this as we did. Keep posting and keep,strong x

Comment

Hi there. There isn't much to add to the excellent advice already posted, but hang in there! Keep browsing and asking for support when you need it. Its a great and supportive crowd here and there's lots of practical information to get you through.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Thank you for replying

Comment

Working...
          X