Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBS check/USA??

Evening all!!

Ok, so thinking of possibly heading to America next year?
    My question is, anyone else who went through a trial and received not guilty verdicts been to America since?
    Or anyone else know what the score is with checks etc?!

Thanks x

Originally posted by Aidy View Post
    Evening all!!

Ok, so thinking of possibly heading to America next year?
    My question is, anyone else who went through a trial and received not guilty verdicts been to America since?
    Or anyone else know what the score is with checks etc?!

Thanks x
    I never made it too trial, but I was still arrested and charged, so I went down the official route and went for the interview at the American embassy in London and got a 10 year visa, I think it was around £100, you need to book a appointment online, they send you a date to attend.

Take proof of not guilty verdict, in depth online form to fill in about your past, dating all the way back to schools etc

I did post about it a while ago, you might be able to find the full info I posted by checking my old posts.

Basically If you have been arrested and charged, then you would, not be suitable for the Esta scheme, it asks have you ever been arrested.....

If you read up online, lots of people just say they ticked no to ever been arrested and had no issues, but with all the uprated intelligence, finger print scanning at airports etc, I did not fancy taking the risk, if they catch you lying, then instant sent back home on the next plane and banned from entering......

Also I have read that the USA and UK do not share arrest data, you would of needed to of been on interpol wanted list to flag up etc, but for the cost of the interview and a, trip to London, I thought it was worth it.

Do not waste money trying to call them, it's a very expensive charge per minute and I've read that quite simply after been on hold for a long time, they will refer you to the information on their website.

Knowing what I know now, I'd say, fill the form in online, get a date for the interview, attend and get the 10 year visa, it's a pain but worth it.
    Last edited by soulbug; 10 August 2017, 10:53 PM. Reason: Extra

Comment

Working...
    X