Waiting and worrying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting and worrying...

Hi everyone, I've been using this forum for information for a while now since I was falsely accused of rape following a night out and it's been a great help so far.

So, my story. Following a night out at the end of May, I'd lost my friends in a club and just decided to go home, I walked to the taxi rank and got told to wait outside for the next avaible taxi. This is when I met a girl who was in the queue. We talked and general flirting took place, complementing each other etc and we decided to share a taxi together and it was on the way home she told me to come back to hers to which I agreed (I wish I could take that back now &#128553 When we arrived at her house, I went to pay but didnt have enough money and I needed more to get home after as well, so told her to go in and I'd go to a cash machine and come back (the taxi driver took me and brought me back). So I arrived back at her house and she let me in where consensual sex took place. It was during this that she just came out with 'what the f**k, what the F**k I've got a boyfriend and kid' to which I was shocked at her and told her not to worry, she then asked me to get my cloths on and leave. I said okay and realised she had regretted what had just happened and felt guilty. My phone had died so I asked her if she could ring me a taxi and I told her my address and off I went still trying to get my head around her reaction. Fast forward to the next afternoon and I was arrest and interviewed and now on bail till the end of October.

A few things in the interview I was told is that she Is saying it was a different taxi rank where we met at a different location in town (cctv will prove she Is wrong) and also she said I followed her in when we arrived at her house and pushed my way into her house, which is also a lie as I went to a cash machine and arrived 5/10 minutes later after dropping her off where she let me in. So I'm hoping the taxi driver can back this up or see cctv from the shop I went to with the cash machine.

I can't believe I'm going through this and it's hard. I've been told my case is now with the cps and I'm so scared trying to get on with life and work etc. Never had any dealings with the police before and felt like a criminal spending hours and hours in a cell for something I'm innocent of. Why would she want to destroy my life? Does she even realise the consequences of her words!

Thank you for reading, could just do with a little support!

D24

Similar stories

Firstly let me say I'm sorry you've found yourself here but this forum has almost kept me sane so I hope it does the same for you.

It's uncanny how similar your story is to mine, although the girl I was with never mentioned a boyfriend or that anything was wrong at the time of the consensual sez. (You didnt meet this girl in Scotland by chance?)

Mines was similar in the way that you met, mine was at the end of nightclub closing.
    I was arrested a month later when the Police traced me through DNA.

It's ridiculous that a girl can falsely cry rape and the CPS runs with it with very basic info and not hearing both sides of the coin but unforunately it is a reality.

Yours clearly has a reason and a motive, regret obvs.

I was arrested 18 months ago and only now have I found out that I am indeed going to trial. It's not easy but I believe in the truth, and that won't falter.
    Hopefully the liar will slip up.

Like your FA, mines details of the event are wrong and we will hopefully address that. Liars generally screw up their story so that the truth may out.d

All I'll say is prepare yourself to fight for you freedom and hope it all ends up well for you.

Comment

Hello and a sad welcome to Daftmoo Danny.

If you have been reading you will know that yours is a familiar story and hiding or regretting infidelity is an extremely common motive behind those that make false allegations. You are certainly not alone.

You have a lot in your favour by the way of corroborating your version of events. One would like to think that the police made every effort to track down both taxi drivers for a start, CCTV from the shop and your own bank statement would confirm that you used a cash machine which would undermine her lie that you pushed your way in and she must have opened the door when you returned. On top of that, after her changing her mind you willingly gave her your address so she could call you a cab and presumably you had some awkward moments waiting for it.

I suggest you write down everything you remember about the night and keep a notebook with you in case any other details suddenly spring to mind.

There is lots of hope that this will go no further, the majority of cases don't but unfortunately there are no guarantees.

Should this go further or the cps request more information or further interviews you will need a good solicitor.

If you let us know roughly which area you are in, the extremely knowledgeable Rights fighter will be along to point you in the right direction.

Hang in there and try to live life as normally as you can
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Not alone

Thank you for your replies. After reading lots of posts on here it's clear to see how many people find themselves in this situation. After my interview, the two detectives seemed nice and took me home and said this sort of thing happens every other day and not to worry but I know from being on here, they are not my friend.

It seems surreal that the reason I was traced was because I gave my FA my address to book a taxi home. Anyone with any sense would surely see that as I didn't do what she has accused me of?!

Another thing I've found through social media is that my FA went on a night out with her friends the following weekend and I know that doesn't prove anything but I think a night out, days after being supposably raped would be the last thing on someone's mind ? (not told the police) and I've got screenshots of lots of things which I Feel/hope would show her true character.

I was informed last week that the police have managed to speak to the taxi driver so that's a positive (hopefully)

I'm in Yorkshire so any info on that would be useful.

Thanks, Danny.

Comment

So much of these situations is surreal, Danny, and I'm sorry that you find yourself in this situation. There's no logic to the lies that FA's tell, but you will get lots of support here.

You seem to be doing all the right things at the moment, so hang in there and we will help you get through it.
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

hi mate.

similar situation for me and unfortunately 6 months later i have been charged.

as mentioned write everything down clearly... the events that took place. don't trust the police. keep a strong support network. hope for the best... prepare for the worst.

Comment

Sorry to hear about you being charged mate but like everyone on here says, now is your time to get a good defence built and disprove her version of events! Now you can focus on it instead of life in bail limbo! Will be following you and your story and best of luck mate!

I can't seem to find any posts where anyone in the 'one night stand' situation has been NFA'd by the cps so I really am expecting the worst. Sleepless nights and on the mind 24/7 fearing the worst. At 24, gone from being happy and loving life to being the complete opposite and fearing everything I've worked hard from from leaving school, house, car, good times with friends and family etc could all be taken away from me from one girl and her words is so hard to deal with!

Comment

Danny - when I used to frequent these forums not so long ago, I definitely remember a one night stand case at the time another member had - he was NFA'd. You have evidence - the cab driver, the bank withdrawal - you should be able to get the bank to corroborate the time for you - do NOT tell them any of this - this is evidence to challenge any timelines the prosecution has. Also the cab company should help you - not only with the time lines but the behaviour of the girl.
                Plenty of NFA's in this arena - in fact this I think is the most common form of allegation. The drunken regretful girl scenario. If the cab driver would be able to corroborate your behaviour towards her (i.e. if it was non-pushy and you were doing her a favour etc.) I would imagine it would stand you in good stead?

Cheers and best of luck.
                S

Comment

Hi S, thanks for your message.

I must have missed that one in the 100's I've looked at. I've also been thinking that and remember the taxi driver saying 'back to ****' the place where she lived when I got back in his taxi from taking cash out so that's something to go on that he knew I was returning to her house but depending on how long after the police spoke to him I just hope he hasn't forgot taking us and what actually happened. Will look at getting my bank statement with times on etc and keep it safe!. He spoke very broken English and that worries meslightly as he might not have understood the conversations taking place in the taxi. Thanks once again for the support, it's the best I've felt since this happened talking to others in situations like this. Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny24 View Post
                    I'm in Yorkshire so any info on that would be useful.

Thanks, Danny.
                    You've been doing all the right things Danny and keeping an eye on social media and taking those screenshots may be a big help but even if they aren't you've lost nothing.

I can read RF's mind and I believe she would recommend Hollie Alcock at Jordans in Doncaster.

http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/jor.../hollie-alcock
                    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Thanks Peter, I might give them a ring on Monday and just explain the situation and so they have it on record in case the worse happens! For now though, I've just got to get on with life best I can. I hate what this girl has done to my life!!!

Comment

Yep, solicitors can't really do a lot while there is an ongoing investigation and they don't get paid by LA for advice outside of the police station but it might help ease your mind if you know who to call should the worst happen.

Getting on with your life and keeping busy is the best way of coping with the horrible uncertainty. There are plenty of cases similar to yours that get NFA'd. There is always hope.

Comment

Thanks Peter. Do you know if they have been used in cases similar to mine before? No worries if not. Thank you again for your help, praying for an NFA and still a long wait till the end of October but expecting the worse case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny24 View Post
                            Thanks Peter. Do you know if they have been used in cases similar to mine before? No worries if not. Thank you again for your help, praying for an NFA and still a long wait till the end of October but expecting the worse case scenario.
                            Hi Danny

Jordans are firm being used here. Case is historic so not same as yours. I'm supporting someone Jordans have a good track record with false allegations in general. Lead Solicitor is Mark Newby (google him) RF recommends Hollie I know, other people have recommended Mark himself. I hope RF forgives me for saying it but I think she feels Mark has a more hands off role and someone else does most of the work so she ensures people like Hollie get the recognition. Different solicitor in firm is handling case I'm involved with- can't be faulted so far. Spoke to Mark at point you are at and found it reassuring to know if charge came a solicitor was in place. He went over process at stage and they were contacted when charged. All dealings with the firm have been good, Mark has always picked up emails over weekend & calls always returned promptly.

It is very easy to feel overwhelmed but a chat with an experienced solicitor will help calm your nerves I'm sure.

Comment

Thank you for getting in touch walkingnightmare,

I've had a look at both Mark and Hollie and will ring up and have a chat with them next week just to explain my case and so they can get it on their file if I am eventually charged.

Sorry just have couple more questions that are going through my head constantly if someone could share their thoughts on if possible..

So for a start the very first thing in her statement is false and can be proven wrong about the taxi rank and also about me and her getting out the taxi at her house together will also prove her statement wrong.What will they think when I've actually willing told her my address to get home? I'd like to think this shows that I didn't do anything of what I've been accused of and simply but it down to her regretting what had just happened and I left her house once the taxi came... what will the cps think to that? Will the police tell her that her statement is wrong in what she has said and allow her to change her story? Just read a lot about the CPS and getting conviction rates up. Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X