support required please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial started yesterday

Trial started yesterday and my relative feels like it is the end of the world. He has a good barrister (funded by the teaching union thank God) but he is scared as it seems it is her word against his.

Comment

From reading what others going through a trial have said, the first part is the scariest, when the prosecution puts its case. Things will get better balanced when the defence gets started and can begin to pull the prosecution case apart.

Yes it's largely one word against another, but with a well presented defence case you Achaemenid confidence that the jury will be able to sort out truth from lies. Tell your friend to hang in there - this is one if the worst parts.

We are thinking of you both, and are here to support you through this.
      Last edited by Franticwithworry; 25 July 2017, 11:30 AM. Reason: Spelling :-(
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Thank you

Trying to stay strong but it is hard

Comment

Keep posting every day so that we can come in to support you during the week. We stand with you - shoulder to shoulder x
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Not a good day

We thought things weren't going too badly then the prosecution cross examined my relative. He made him sound so awful (I know that is his job) but my relative was still positive until he went to see his barrister after court had ended and she told him to pack a bag. Is this normal? Reality has hit home that this totally false allegation could ruin his life

Comment

Originally posted by harvsmum View Post
              We thought things weren't going too badly then the prosecution cross examined my relative. He made him sound so awful (I know that is his job) but my relative was still positive until he went to see his barrister after court had ended and she told him to pack a bag. Is this normal? Reality has hit home that this totally false allegation could ruin his life
              Perfectly normal, in fact it is very good advice. It's not negative but just being prepared. Like taking an umbrella in case it rains somebody wise once said. If the the worst happens he wouldn't want to be without some essentials.

There is a list of what to put in the nasty bag here:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...nasty-bag-quot

I will have everything crossed here that he won't need it and the jury will make the right decision.

Hang in there and keep us updated
              For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
              https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Absolutely normal - not advising such would be remiss. As peter1975 says, its like taking an umbrella in case of rain. People who don't take one can end up soaked - or without the means for clean clothes and contact with relatives for days.

Everything crossed that it won't be needed. Hang in there.
                'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Update

Jury has been out since about 3pm yesterday - the waiting is killing us. I can't understand why now all of a sudden his own team seem to be thinking the worst Hop

Comment

Hang on in there, keep thinking positive thoughts.
                    Thinking of you all x

Comment

Sending hugs - hope you have a decision by now

Comment

sending positive thoughts your way! Hopefully everything has turned out well...

Comment

The woest has happened - heartbroken

��cant believe a lie has broken our family

Comment

💔cant believe a lie has broken our family

Not overly convinced on this tbh, ive been through so much and more but why wouod a teaching assistant offer extra lessons i had one this was never an option, the jury took hours and hours they thought about it they didn't just see a stressed out kid its in the media and just doesn't add up. I would never disagree with someone falsly accused but i would also not like to see a childa life ruined.

Comment

💔cant believe a lie has broken our family

I'm so sorry harvsmum. Thoughts are with you and all your family.

Farmer42 words fail me, there is a time and a place for remarks like yours and this is neither the time nor the place! There is a family going through hell and you suggest he's guilty this is meant to be a supportive forum.
                              Like the old saying goes if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Comment

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You cant blindly support everyone that comes on this forum. What is this, a cotton wool forum? We've all been through the mill. There are guilty people on this forum, no question about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X