Date set for hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date set for hearing

Well after having the crown court hearing moved to the Magistrates court and then being set a day earlier, we have a date and venue for my son's hearing. Week commencing 4 December at Liverpool crown court, we had expected it to be at Chester. However our barrister is happy and said Liverpool jury more likely to be on son's side.
    As suggested here, we have supplied our legal side with as much information as possible. That much that he said he has never had so much to work before and that he could do with me working for him after lol.
    The witch is being questioned via video link, and the prosecution tried to get the same for her current bf!!
    Our barrister seems extremely confident, however I am scared to believe that he can clear my son. I want to but I guess I feel like I don't want to be shocked if it all goes pear shaped. I guess I am not the only person to feel that way!
    Whilst there a wife was attempting to get her charges dropped against her hubby. However she was told now CPS had decided to charge she still had to testify otherwise she would be jailed. It also transpired that the police had virtually forced her to make assault charge in first place. Makes you think!!

It sounds like theyve had a lot of messing about moving you around.but im happy you have your date and although youll have lost this year with it all hopefully it will all be over for your family to start a fresh with lives for next year. I think how you feel is completly normal im the same keep finding more to add to the dolicitors pile and feel positive then think oh but it got this far how can they prove it didnt happen.

Were about 3 weeks behind you in the process and have our crown hearing in 2 weeks and apparently will be busy for the next few months as theres more evidence to be released in a couple of weeks for us. Dont know if this was the case for you, wed got statements at the magestraites to go through but even them weve noticed how they have chamged from complaint sheet to statement as police had interviewed my partner before they did their statments and its starting to look like theyve been told what to change...didnt do a good job though as they all contradict thereselves.

Keep positive and fighting you now have a date which means you can count down to ut hopefully been over soon

Comment

Originally posted by Goodguy View Post
      It sounds like theyve had a lot of messing about moving you around.but im happy you have your date and although youll have lost this year with it all hopefully it will all be over for your family to start a fresh with lives for next year. I think how you feel is completly normal im the same keep finding more to add to the dolicitors pile and feel positive then think oh but it got this far how can they prove it didnt happen.

Were about 3 weeks behind you in the process and have our crown hearing in 2 weeks and apparently will be busy for the next few months as theres more evidence to be released in a couple of weeks for us. Dont know if this was the case for you, wed got statements at the magestraites to go through but even them weve noticed how they have chamged from complaint sheet to statement as police had interviewed my partner before they did their statments and its starting to look like theyve been told what to change...didnt do a good job though as they all contradict thereselves.

Keep positive and fighting you now have a date which means you can count down to ut hopefully been over soon
      We have not had sight of the statements as of yet, although our solicitor had read out some parts that he had released. What we have heard is either bare faced lies or her and her bf contradict themselves! I am hoping that soon we can get to see these allegations in full! One comment she did make was that my son deliberately smashed his car on a number of occasions!
      Well as to that yes he rolled his car after skidding on gravel in an attempt to avoid an oncoming car on his side of the road. Police who attended said that it was obvious he was going no faster than 10mph and as no one was injured nothing came of it, poor car was not so lucky! The only other time as a person pulled out into the road straight into the side of his car!! Neither of these events happened during his time with her and hardly were deliberate. So if all the facts she is giving are like that I guess we can prove she fabricates plenty.
      I hope your next stage goes ahead with the minimum of stress. I will agree with the comments of others how time drags and the fact that you are hanging around far longer than the actual hearing takes! One thing that shocked us was the number of peole going into court in clothes that looked like they had at the very least been slept in. Even if people dont own suits clean and smart attire surely helps to give a good impression!
      So good luck to you both, I hope that your hearing wont be set too far in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X