Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age old accusation

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
    This link is a good description of the implications of a voluntary interview (but note it isn't an endorsement or otherwise of that particular firm of solicitors, just that they came top of the search list!)

http://www.maplessolicitors.com/poli...ry-interviews/

Obviously there will be a write-up on a computer somewhere about the interview but a formal entry on the PNC won't be made unless he is arrested. Even if there is a reporter outside the police station, someone walking in of their own volition is hardly newsworthy.

Advise him to look on this visit as a job interview; be alert, cautious, put himself over well, but not frightened, after all he has done nothing wrong!

thank you for that bit of good advice really do appreciate that

Witchypoo

Comment

Age old accusation

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      Hello and welcome to the forum, (I've moved your post to the most appropriate section though I appreciate that the accusation is of sexual assault rather than rape)

The most important advice is to have a solicitor present at the interview who is experienced in defending false sexual allegations, the link below gives some member's recommendations. It is best to select one local to the area where the assault is alleged to have occurred as I guess your partner will be 'invited' to a police station there to be interviewed.

Do take legal advice before mentioning the discrepancy in the dates to the DC; the police will be obliged to re-question the complainant about this and they may well then make a fresh statement incorporating the 'new' dates with the explanation that the trauma of the incidents caused the memory issues!

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ist-solicitors
      Just when I start to move forward we come back two steps. As previously said I have an appointment on Wednesday when my partner goes to do a VI. Solicitor contacted them and said that due to my appointment he wanted this changed ..This has appeared to anger the DC in question for he call my partner today angry at the fact he has to travel down by train. Stating it is costing £400 in public funds to come to him for this interview and he went into if don't intend to come for this interview he could have him arrested. From that also stated can the woman not change the appointment or get someone else to go with him. This appointment I have been waiting three months and although its only a retinal appointment where drops are placed in my eyes I should have some one with me for at least three hours. do I cant sit in the car after appointment on my own

My partner has NOT refused to go as his being reasonable but the impression I got after I took your advice on this forum and arranged for a solicitor This DC didn't seem to appreciated this either... His whole attitude stinks he doesn't know us what right has he got to treat people with no respect. .... Is this how its going to be one step forward and two steps back. Just wish I knew what its all about

Frustrated

Witchypoo

Thank you for allowing me to vent my anger out I have never been this angry before... I am trying so hard to be supportive for my partner I can tell hi is worried sick as you would expect it
      Last edited by Witchypoo69; 22 May 2017, 05:45 PM. Reason: theline has printed out twice

Comment

.....he went into if don't intend to come for this interview he could have him arrested
        Rubbish. Your oH is not shirking his responsibility with regards to being interviewed. He has given notice that he is supporting you in an important medical appointment. You cannot be expected to drive or get yourself home after having the treatment so this is unavoidable.

His whole attitude stinks he doesn't know us what right has he got to treat people with no respect. ....
        If you have his email address maybe continue the conversation - politely and maybe apologising for the fact that this is unavoidable, giving reasons, so there is a paper trail of his bad behaviour and your attempts to apologise and be reasonable.

Am I right in thinking that our Harvey Fox is arranging the interview with the police? If so - have you notified him of this tantrum?
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Age old accusation

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
          Rubbish. Your oH is not shirking his responsibility with regards to being interviewed. He has given notice that he is supporting you in an important medical appointment. You cannot be expected to drive or get yourself home after having the treatment so this is unavoidable.

If you have his email address maybe continue the conversation - politely and maybe apologising for the fact that this is unavoidable, giving reasons, so there is a paper trail of his bad behaviour and your attempts to apologise and be reasonable.

Am I right in thinking that our Harvey Fox is arranging the interview with the police? If so - have you notified him of this tantrum?

Oh yes ....and definitely.... he was of the opinion they are not happy with having to travel down... and its possible he has taken it personally. If they were honest in the first place I would have tried to change appointment but I have been waiting three months. Harvey seems lovely

I think if I email this dc at the moment it wont be pleasant so I best try and keep my mouth shut.

Witchypoo

Comment

If the OIC rings again - be polite - say that you would prefer him to email you as you found his call upsetting the last time. Then give him your email address, twice, and hang up after making sure he got the address correct.

Other than that, ask Harvey for further advice. He will know more than the lot of us put together!

Comment

Annoyed - Age old accusation

Partner just received information from sol the bloody oic has now stated after we did a timeline of the year initially said (26 years from now = 1991) Now stated 1988 ... what is this something to try tripping him up ....

So we are trying another time line .... and cant think straight ...why is this happening How the hell can any one remember back 30 years what was they doing... any ideas guys ... possible holidays

Any help as fighting the tears you would think I was doing this tomorrow

Frustrated

Witchypoo

Comment

We only had to go back 10 years but that was bad enough!
                We looked up songs that were in the charts at the time.
                Playing them brought back memories.
                Also news headlines from the time.
                Photographs.
                We were lucky cos a close family member has always kept a diary.
                Hope this helps?
                Big hugs
                YoH

Comment

If I have read this (in between the lines) correctly, I am thinking that possibly the OIC has gone back to the complainant who now "realises her mistake" and decided the alleged assaults happened earlier than she first "thought".

If only people knew there was support and advice out there, and they came to these support groups before interview......

If you think of anything else that might help your case, please do seriously consider NOT telling the police anything else, unless on the considered advice of your solicitor.

Comment

frustrated

Frustrated..

Interview four and a half hours in total to find dc not taken a witness statement
                    Time line again changed back to original We had done a timeline but solicitor kept that back
                    She told him after first interview prepared statement and then no comment
                    DC will prepare all witness statements by dec? Custody sergeant appalled at this

Cant asked partner about interview, row last night over today trying to help
                    Was told cant have a copy of events today until investigation is finish solicitor asked twice which was declined?

The woman claims to have a witness baring in mind this is almost 30years the witness was in her 60's

What a horrible day

Frustrated

Comment

I would avoid asking OH questions about it all (difficult i know) but he would of been questioned enough. He will though open up when he is ready and digested it all (if it can ever truly be digested properly), and that way you'll get clearer information about things.

So,are you saying that the 'witness' was in her 60's at the time, so would now be in 90's?? If so, did the OIC not think that this person is going to 'pop their cloggs' before he gets chance to speak to her lol and bring foward the urgency of gathering witness statements before december.

Keep strong, it sounds like you are doing great!! xxx
                      "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Don't expect the police to take statements from anybody who can help the defence side. Make sure you give all details of any material witnesses to the solicitor so they can take statements.

Comment

Age old accusation

Originally posted by hello88 View Post
                          I would avoid asking OH questions about it all (difficult i know) but he would of been questioned enough. He will though open up when he is ready and digested it all (if it can ever truly be digested properly), and that way you'll get clearer information about things.

So,are you saying that the 'witness' was in her 60's at the time, so would now be in 90's?? If so, did the OIC not think that this person is going to 'pop their cloggs' before he gets chance to speak to her lol and bring foward the urgency of gathering witness statements before december.

Keep strong, it sounds like you are doing great!! xxx

You would think the OIC would think that, my partner did say that they tried the nice guys n bad guy trick but the problems they got wrong and horay for the sol she corrected them still not happy but yes I would imagine lady may not be with us but cant assume nout

Keeping strong is hard

Thank you though

Comment

Age old accusation

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                            Don't expect the police to take statements from anybody who can help the defence side. Make sure you give all details of any material witnesses to the solicitor so they can take statements.

We don't have witnesses has he hasn't done nothing wrong nothing happy this was alledged victim cant believed he didn't think the witness would be in her60'sand no 30years later

We have a timeline which solicitor holding close to her chest (am i allow to say that) if not oophs

Witchypoo

Comment

Age old accusation

Hi

No news yet ... I have contacted Harvey but I gather its still early days to hear much though it seems like forever for us.

It seems the Dc may hang it out till December which is what he told all concerned. The officer at the police station couldn't believe his ears never does it take that long to get information. But then his solicitor presented a statement and was told oh to answer all questions with a no comment which completely p***ed the DC off

Oh is ok but quietly worried and try's not to think about it but me I dont stop thinking about it. I try thinking of ways to help.

Some of the questions were total irrelevant and some that made no sense what so ever . I guess I will never understand this. Even his solicitor said apparently that has no relevance. For example .. Oh was asked the following ... Have you done your family tree? although no comment was given This could only have come out because at the point he was my photographer whilst I am researching my family tree which happens to be on a well known site and just happens to be the same name as the person accusing. So one has plenty of time on there hands to trail through sites Again I have prove of my heritage to help his case should it be required.

Frustrated

Witchypoo

Comment

Working...
                              X