Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Vendetta

Hi All,

First post for me here and looking for some advice.

Back in March this year, I reported a vehicle stolen by an ex-employee. It happened to be a marked up private frontline ambulance.

Anyway, he was stopped and arrested for the offence, gave a defence that he was owed money and it was NFA due to it being civil. The officer involved said the CPS gave the decision but the CPS have denied that (in writing) saying the sent the file back as it was referred to them incorrectly.

I filed a complaint against the investigating officer that seemed to nothing and after she called me up saying that my vehicle would continue to be retained due to the suspect claiming ownership. I then found out that information that I had sent to her was not passed across to the CPS anyway so made a report of perverting the course of justice. I emailed the officer telling her not to contact me again etc.

Had a email off her yesterday saying that she wants me to attend for a V.I in relation to Fraud - Failing to Disclose (Section 3). Her reasons for suspecting this is that I had SPENT convictions on my DBS at the time of running my own business, that being a medical provider.

The officer is from a different force to where I live and has only done this after I have made serious allegations against her. Seems to be a vendetta against me now.

I've applied to the High Courts for an injunction against the officer and have given an account on the Part 8 claim form against the officer but I'm curious over a few things.

1) I've agreed to attend a V.I but I'm not available at the times she has requested - I spend alot of time at family court etc so serious reasons. Can she just arrest me for not being available when she wants?

2) There's now legal proceedings against the officer in question - can she even investigate me?

3) Can another force investigate a so called offence when a) I don't live in their force area b) no crime has been committed within their force area.

I'm more than aware of my legal duty to disclose my information and while I still own my business, since Dec 2015 it has been non-trading due to health reasons. It was operational between Dec 2013 and Dec 2015 and my convictions were Theft (Motor Vehicle) (I was 15yrs old, now 27). and Common Assault from 18yrs old. There might have been some driving offences during the final month or so of the business being active but again, nothing preventing me from operating a business of a medical nature.

Surely the Police need to have some grounds for making such accusations, especially when the law doesn't prevent me from running a business and they can't just force interviews for little to no reason.

Anyway, thanks for any advice / tips that can be given in dealing with this power tripped officer!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Quite possibly you may get some advice as many members do have a jaundiced view of police investigations, however I should point out that AFAIK none of the regular posters have any formal legal qualifications.

Many of us do have a working knowledge of preparing a defence against possible prosecutions but this is specifically in relation to false allegations of a sexual nature.

A general point: you referred to V.I. do you mean Voluntary Interview? If so, there is no power of arrest for non-attendance; it does what it says on the tin! You may be thinking of the situation of being bailed to return, where there is a power of arrest for non-attendance.

However another general point: it's best to agree a time and date (otherwise she may think you have something to hide and arrest you to move matters along) and arrange for a solicitor to sit in on the interview.

http://www.maplessolicitors.com/poli...ry-interviews/

[the link is not a recommendation or otherwise for any firm of solicitors; just the first result in a google search]

https://www.surrey.police.uk/policie...nce-procedure/
    Last edited by Casehardened; 14 May 2017, 05:37 AM. Reason: adding links
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Make sure you take a solicitor with you to the interview. Roughly whereabouts in the UK will it be? Iask as I might know of a decent sol who you can ask for.

This is a lesson for those who are thinking about being a pain in the ar*e to a police officer. They can and often do take their revenge.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
      X