Falsely accused of abusing niece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused of abusing niece

I was falsely accused of sexually abusing my niece by her stepmom. Her and the father have been filing false reports with CPS and now they have moved to this. The detective called my sister on Friday to let her know what was going on. After he talked to the detective my niece's pediatrician told my sister that the stepmother had called there with the allegations so he did a full exam at an appointment that was already scheduled and there was absolutely no evidence of anything happening. Not to mention the fact she was at the ER for a UTI the previous Saturday and they didn't call police so obviously they didn't see anything either. Those twonfacts alone should be enough for them to figure out the allegations are false and close the case. Obviously not though because the detective told my sister not to let her sleep in my room until the investigation is over so it is like they still think something happened. It is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but it sure feels more like it is really guilty until proven innocent. She comes back from daddy's today and I am not looking forward to the meltdown. She always wants to sleep with me on Sundays and an eight year old isn't going to understand. All she is going to think is why doesn't auntie love me anymore.

Hi there. I'm glad you found us but sorry you need to. I have to ask at the outset if you are in the USA or Canada? You mentioned the ER which is not a British term. You are very welcome here but need to know that we only know about the British system and law.

We can still offer lots of emotional and common sense support.

The advice to keep contact with your niece to a minimum may seem backwards but it's as much to do with protecting yourself from further accusations as anything else. Its horrible for your niece as it is for you, but laying yourself open to more lies is not sensible.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Thanks. Yeah I am in the US. Thanks for the emotional support. That I is mainly why I am here since I don't have anybody locally. The detective is going to call me on Monday and I was going to offer to take a polygraph just to get this over and done with but then I read online not to do that because even the innocent can fail. I already had general anxiety so I very well could be one of those.

The other perspective about my niece is also helpful. I was confused because when my sister talked to the detective it sounded like he was convinced it was untrue because he told CPS to back off. After this is all over I'm going to ask him if I can have charges of filing a false report brought against my accused since we can show that there is a pattern so it isn't the case where she might have honestly thought something happened.

Comment

not as clear cut as I thought so I'm scared

My niece was crying today because she doesn't want me to be arrested. My sister asked her about it and I guess when I was scooting her over one time I touched her on accident. I found out from my nephew that she had been molested as a child so she is probably blowing this way out of proportion due to her past.

This has me scared to death now because I don't know if the detectives will actually believe that it was an accident or if they will try to5urn it into she was trying to cover up what she was really doing. If it did get to the point of jail that makes me even more scared because I'm not very big and everybody knows what happens to accused child abusers in there.

[I've moved this post to your main thread as it is better to keep all related posts and replies in one place]
        Last edited by Casehardened; 8 May 2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I am somangry I want to go beat the **** out of my accused but I know that won't help. I found out from my nephew their dad and stepmom kept asking her if anybody ever touched you at home and kept badgering her "you can tell the truth when she didn't say anything at first. Now I don't even know if that includes scooting her over even happened. I have my suspicions it isn't but they kept telling the kids I would put my finger up her and that I am a mental case, and that they were all going to need family counseling to get over this. BS. That never happened and we have the pediatrician on our side. My nephew said he was laughing in his head because he knew it was all lies. Even though she is in 2nd grade she probably has the mental capacity of a kindergarten and they are trying to take advantage of that to get custody of the kids and get the social security money she gets and food stamps.

Comment

Ps I didn't use the word it makes it look like. I used a nicer four letter word

Comment

case closed

I got a call from the detective about an hour ago. He said that he had found no evidence I had done anything and is closing the case and he wanted me to be the first one he told. Woohoo, vindicated! I will still stick around and support others though. A week of this was enough of a hell. I can't imagine it for those of you who have been going through it months 9r even years.

[post added to original thread for completion]
              Last edited by Casehardened; 12 May 2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Great news and good that it was settled so soon; hopefully the family rift will heal but take care not to leave yourself open to a further false accusation!

Here are the traditional bananas.......
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

That's fabulous news! I'm so pleased for you! The tradition here is to celebrate with bananas so here are yours -

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Fantastical news, hope you can all get on with your lives and look to the future. :banana:

Comment

Oops, what went wrong with my bananas!! Try again

Comment

Great news. I hope you can put this behind you and live a happy life.
                        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                          Great news and good that it was settled so soon; hopefully the family rift will heal but take care not to leave yourself open to a further false accusation!

Here are the traditional bananas.......
                          Thanks. Yeah when we were talking to somebody from child protective services she had a good idea that she does with her nieces and nephews since she likes to sleep in auntie's room so much. She said to get something like a little cot so she can sleep in my room sometimes but I couldn't be accused of doing anything since it is two separate beds.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Those of you who haven't seen your cases closed yet, I hope you also get that relief soon and we are celebrating with bananas.

Comment

YAYYYYY!

People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                              X