No announcement yet.

Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what the police asked when they met with my husband and told him he was being prosecuted the Facebook post was posted just after we were given nfc last Aug 4 wks it started again with a phone call from the police whom asked for the face book post nothing about it makes any sense I'm afraid

Comment

BB you say he was NFC. Do you mean NFA'd as in No Further Actioned?
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Yes sorry I meant no further action but the girl appealed it

Comment

Sorry bit confused with all jargon

Comment

Originally posted by Bam bam View Post
            This is what the police asked when they met with my husband and told him he was being prosecuted the Facebook post was posted just after we were given nfc last Aug 4 wks it started again with a phone call from the police whom asked for the face book post nothing about it makes any sense I'm afraid
            You need to speak to your solicitor and clarify what is happening, ask them about the facebook post and whether it should be given to police. The advice here is not to give evidence directly to police without legal advice as some of them have a habit of losing it or it may not be relevant to a charging decision but better kept for later. Some police will simply not be interested in anything that might undermine a prosecution but they will take it more seriously and are less likely to lose it if it comes through a solicitor.

If you have a smoking gun (unlikely) such as a message that says "I am going to lie and say you raped me" then that should always go to police as it should be enough evidence to prevent a charge but always take legal advice first when dealing with the law.
            For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
            https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Oh god I'm scared feels like waiting for our lives to be destroyed wish things take so long summons needs to come and we can fight

Comment

How can we be positive it feel s hopeless it's gonna be her word against his he has very little to add because it simply didn't happen she was s teenager with a crush which I feel turned into an obsession

Comment

You absolutely must do your best to keep positive. Think of it this way - monst of these cases are one word against another and most of these cases, with hard work and good preparation, find that the truth prevails.

You need to make your case but ultimately liars don't make good witnesses and most of them trip themselves up in the witness box - with good preparation and a good barrister. I can't say that bit often enough.
                  'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Oh thankyou so much really appreciate the support

Comment

Originally posted by Bam bam View Post
                      Oh thankyou so much really appreciate the support
                      I agree do not give anything to the Police. My experience when a young family member went to trial and was found not guilty in less than 1.5 hours is that the Police are simply not interested. The trial also made me believe that the Police officer in my family member's case was to be blunt thick.

Any fool could see that the girls were lying and they were exposed in the witness box. When they knew their lies were being exposed, their default position was that they could not remember.

Unless allegations of this kind come knocking at your door, nobody can understand the horror, humiliation and fear it causes. I found that although I wasn't the accused my role was to support this young man so having support and comfort around me helped me to help him.

The pain does not leave until the matter is resolved, some days are better than others. All you can do in the meantime is take one day at a time and stop your mind from wandering into dark places. I found mindfulness so comforting because it helps people to learn how to control the mind.

I found this forum very supportive, I had not joined during the lead up to the trial but the practical advice was great. I also learnt that there are so many people now being falsely accused so you don't feel as if you are on your own.

Take care of yourself and try to spend some time doing things that you enjoy. I enrolled on a adult education class learning skills in stained glass, something I had never tried before. Not only do I love this hobby but I found that cutting and breaking glass helped me to vent my anger.

Comment

Can anyone tell what the press do when invited to the summons we were told by our solicitor that are invited to be there scared for my husband and my fdn8ky

Comment

I've never heard of the press being invited to the summons. Many summons letters arrive in the post so they can't be invited to that. What your solicitor is telling you sounds very odd to me, but others may know different.
                          Last edited by Franticwithworry; 9 May 2017, 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling :-(
                          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Perhaps BB is confusing the summons with the magistrates hearing, there are a lot of terms to get your head around.

I am afraid that yes, reporters hang around courts which are all open to the public so there is always a chance that the defendant's name will appear in the local paper. This does not always happen though, there are so many sexual cases going through the courts they are hardly news any more.

There is nothing you can do to prevent this so put it out of your mind and concentrate on the defence.
                            For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                            https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
                              Perhaps BB is confusing the summons with the magistrates hearing, there are a lot of terms to get your head around.

I am afraid that yes, reporters hang around courts which are all open to the public so there is always a chance that the defendant's name will appear in the local paper. This does not always happen though, there are so many sexual cases going through the courts they are hardly news any more.

There is nothing you can do to prevent this so put it out of your mind and concentrate on the defence.
                              I agree try not to think about it. I know that it is easier said than done. My family were petrified about that happening but it did not happen so we worried for nothing. Go into court with your head held high.

Comment

Oh, of course, I didn't think of that.

When we were at court there was a photographer taking shots of everyone entering the building and we were worried and wondering what was going on. When we realised that he was photographing everyone we realised it wasn't personal and we asked the court staff what might be going on.

It turned out that there was a big case starting and he was just trawling, taking shots to see later if anything fitted that he could use. So, even if you see the press about and they photograph you or take notes, the chances are that they are looking for someone/something else.

Peter1975 is right, there are too many of these cases for the press to be particularly interested in yours. They want something bigger and more 'newsworthy' to get their salacious juices flowing.

Comment

Working...
                                X