Penniless and Lonely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am no longer being passive

So far I have been passive about how my case has been handled. I have spoken to the police and PPS at various stages just to see what was happening but left them to do their job. However I have now decided to NO LONGER BE PASSIVE. I have arranged a meeting with my local politicians and filed a formal complaint about the delays in allocation of my case to the PPS. I do not feel that staffing levels, holidays or "that is how it has always been done" is a good enough excuse for not doing the basics of their job in a timely manner. I know some people might advise me not to kick up a fuss but I am no longer willing to wait around for others to decided when my life can restart again. I know my actions may lead to my name to getting into the public eye but I no longer care.

Comment

There is probably little harm in trying to get your local MP or MLA involved, they may help gee them up a bit. At the very least you might help highlight the issue to the powers that be.

Let us know how you get on in the meeting.
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
        So far I have been passive about how my case has been handled. I have spoken to the police and PPS at various stages just to see what was happening but left them to do their job. However I have now decided to NO LONGER BE PASSIVE. I have arranged a meeting with my local politicians and filed a formal complaint about the delays in allocation of my case to the PPS. I do not feel that staffing levels, holidays or "that is how it has always been done" is a good enough excuse for not doing the basics of their job in a timely manner. I know some people might advise me not to kick up a fuss but I am no longer willing to wait around for others to decided when my life can restart again. I know my actions may lead to my name to getting into the public eye but I no longer care.
        Good luck Pond, I think all of us waiting 'on bail' but not actually 'on bail' anymore !! wish you luck, you are a braver man than me, as I like to 'keep my head down' but its not getting me far doing that ( 9 months and counting) one poor guy on here I read the other day had been waiting TWO and a HALF years !! in this limbo not too sure how I will cope with that length of time

Keep busy/ work hard/ put it out of your mind OK for some of the time, but when I wake up at 4am and cannot get back to sleep with worry, or when I am sitting alone , a great feeling of impending doom comes over me . Especially at the moment at I remember someone at the police station saying something about 8 months then I should hear...well that's come and gone

Do keep us updated Pond

Comment

I have spoke to my MLA today. It seems after I first spoke to them months ago, they then contacted the Police and PPS about the matter of delays in actions. They didn't ask about my specific case but asked about general timescales. The PPS (CPS) did not reply, however the Police stated that as each investigation is individual there is no way to know how long they will take. They Police did not discuss the months it took them to type stuff up but they quoted timescale for which they hoped to complete investigations the maximum being 120 days. I held my tongue at that point.

I told her that my case has been with the PPS since 31st of July and has yet to be allocated to anyone to work on. She was sympathetic but said is seems that this is just how the system is. She stated that she has had contact from victims of crime who also complain about delays in investigations and legal action. When she called my accuser the "victim" I corrected her and told her that they should not be called victims but accusers until the accused is found guilty. I think she was surprised by my attitude.

Anyway I don't know how long the PPS will take to deal with my complaint but its good to have a record of what I sent and when as I intend to look at suing them. I don't think I will win but that is not my aim.

Any further action has to wait until the MLA's return to Stormont after the latest dispute. When they do I intend to speak to whoever is made justice minister and whoever is part of the policing board. My career is done because of the accusations so I have nothing else to loose.

Comment

A general question about mobile phone

Hi

my mobile phone was seized by the police as per normal practice but I am still being charged for it. I phoned vodafone who said I still have to pay. When I get a NFA or am found not guilty can a claim for this money off the police or my FA?

Comment

You can probably claim if they lose or damage it but otherwise no. You need to get a replacement sim and put it in an old phone so that you can still use your minutes that you are paying for.
              For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
              https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

If replacing the SIM isn't an option you can also ask Vodaphone to suspend the contract. They won't do it unless you ask and then not always. If they do, you need to renew the suspension each month but it's worth the hassle if it saves you paying for a service you can't use.

ETA I mean that Vodaphone won't offer suspension as an option, you have to ask for it and some customer service agents claim it's not possible. There's nothing to stop you calling back until you get one who will do it for you. :-)
                Last edited by Franticwithworry; 8 September 2017, 09:03 PM.
                'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hi Pond,

same thing with me regarding the mobile phone. I had just taken out a new 12month contract when it was seized! I could have transferred the number over to another sim but i thought it would be best getting a new number, therefore got a pay as you go sim. So basically i am paying for 2 lines but only using one! i shall wait till the detained line ends its term and then just keep using this pay as you go until my trial.

Bob

Comment

I phoned vodafone and they said I had to pay it. I then looked into claiming the money back or suing the police and/or CPS (PPS). Unfortunately the Police appear to have immunity from claims and suing the CPS would cost a fortune.

I would like to know how Lord Bramall was paid £100,000 by the Police when they cannot be sued because of their "special position in public service"? Was it just an old boys network payout? Also when looking to the suing the PPS if they prosecute me with the little or no evidence other than my FA's statement, I found that they can claim "public interest". There is also no way to sue them for the delays because that is just how the system appears to work. If the police want something done in 120 days if they take more then it is a case of "oh well that's how it goes".

I wonder can I ask the CPS for a copy of any policy reference how the come to a decision to prosecute and the time it should take? I shall see if it is on the web. I am thinking that I may Crowdfund a claim and contact the mains rights movement for support.

Comment

What is the point

My emotions have run dry and I no longer see the point of questioning the process anymore because it appears I have no control over it at all. The Police do whatever they want to do and the PPS take as long as they want. There is an old saying I like "Don't try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." I am no longer going to try to teach the Police or PPS to sing.

Comment

Working...
                      X