Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 70

Thread: Penniless and Lonely

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default Penniless and Lonely

    Hi

    I have to say that I feel so lonely at the moment, my family have abandoned me completely now. I had one brother still talking to me but he said he couldn't deal with the extra stress anymore. I don't hold it against him because he has his own problems.

    I am just seeking advise from anyone for sources of financial support and emotional support while I am awaiting decision in my case. I am still employed but suspended from work. I used to work a lot of overtime to cover my bills and the cost of having a disabled daughter. I have tried to get a job a number of times but fail because I cannot get references from my current/last employer. I tried to take advice and seek a volunteer job, so after a while they could act as referees but even my local charity shop wants references. I passed a telephone interview the other day and was invited to a group assessment this week but unfortunately they said I MUST have references from my last employer. I actually don't care about earning money I just want to have something to do and have a reason to get up in the morning.

    Anyway I am now broke, having 3p to my name and want to know if anyone knows where I can get support from. I am not looking for cash. I would need food just. There are foodbanks near me and I will contact them when they are open.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up Nanny's room behind the wallpaper
    Posts
    7,155

    Default

    You have my sympathy. For a couple of years I was reliant on boxes of food from the local church, a while back.

    If you are suspended from work, is this with or without pay? If without pay, then you should be able to get Benefits of some sort. Have you asked CAB about this?
    Chris Saltrese Solicitors - private client only: http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/contact-us/ - Telephone: 01704 535 512:

    Private forums for those maintaining innocence of HISTORIC sexual offences: http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Hi

    I still being paid but it is not enough to cover what I need. I could easily get work in my own field but I was suspended by the registration body.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up Nanny's room behind the wallpaper
    Posts
    7,155

    Default

    Still, see CAB to see if you can claim any form of benefits, maybe housing / council tax benefits on top of others, such as working tax credits....
    Chris Saltrese Solicitors - private client only: http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/contact-us/ - Telephone: 01704 535 512:

    Private forums for those maintaining innocence of HISTORIC sexual offences: http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pond31 View Post
    Hi

    I still being paid but it is not enough to cover what I need. I could easily get work in my own field but I was suspended by the registration body.
    How are you keeping now?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I am keeping OK but I shall see what CAB says. I am about to run out of bread and I live on it

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I would suggest that you contact the local saibt Vincent de Paul, you can Google the number for your area.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up Nanny's room behind the wallpaper
    Posts
    7,155

    Default

    Sparks, what is SAIBT? Could you provide a link please, as it could help others in the same situation.

    Pond, you say you have a disabled daughter. You should get some sort of child benefit for her as well as extra benefit for her disability. Check you are in receipt of that.

    You say you need a reason to get up in the morning. You do - your daughter.
    Chris Saltrese Solicitors - private client only: http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/contact-us/ - Telephone: 01704 535 512:

    Private forums for those maintaining innocence of HISTORIC sexual offences: http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Sorry, that should say, Saint Vincent de Paul, its a charity that can assist with food and support for people in financial difficulties, but its based in Ireland both north and south they have a local office in most towns.
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...r5hKoyWxk6RJig
    Last edited by Sparks1; 1st May 2017 at 11:26 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up Nanny's room behind the wallpaper
    Posts
    7,155

    Default

    Such a shame they aren't in the UK. they look really helpful although I can imagine that some people would wrongly take advantage
    Chris Saltrese Solicitors - private client only: http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/contact-us/ - Telephone: 01704 535 512:

    Private forums for those maintaining innocence of HISTORIC sexual offences: http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Ive heard that they are now also in London and Birmingham I will do some googling....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up Nanny's room behind the wallpaper
    Posts
    7,155

    Default

    Thanks Sparks. I wonder if St Mungo's could help? I think they are more for the homeless though
    Chris Saltrese Solicitors - private client only: http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/contact-us/ - Telephone: 01704 535 512:

    Private forums for those maintaining innocence of HISTORIC sexual offences: http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    943

    Default

    St Vincent de Paul have been active in most big English cities I've lived in. If you find your nearest Catholic Church they should point you in the right direction. You don't have to be a Catholic to receive help.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    17

    Default

    These websites will help you immensely!

    Shelter U.K
    http://england.shelter.org.uk

    Food Banks U.K
    https://www.trusselltrust.org/what-we-do/

    Citizens Advice U.K
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

    Your local council would know of 1 or more food banks around you also.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default The OIC wants to access my medical records

    Hi

    I just wonder if anyone would know why the OIC would want access to my medical records. I just had a call from them out of the blue and they asked can they access my medical records. They said it was because I stated during my interview that I was on a anti-depressant, at the supposed time of the offences, which caused erectile dysfunction. Therefor it would have been difficult for me to penetrate anyone. It was true and I can get evidence from my GP's. I actually went to my GP's six months before that and got a prescription for viagra specifically because of this side effect, so I have evidence of my honesty. They said they wanted to check this out. I just want to know why they phone me rather than my solicitor and why would they need this information anyway.

    Pond

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up Nanny's room behind the wallpaper
    Posts
    7,155

    Default

    If you have nothing to hide then just allow them access to your records
    Chris Saltrese Solicitors - private client only: http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/contact-us/ - Telephone: 01704 535 512:

    Private forums for those maintaining innocence of HISTORIC sexual offences: http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default Ahhh No Way Josť

    Sorry Rights Fighter but there is no way I will give the police access to my medical records. I am not sure I should even supply the information they requested as if I need to prove what I said was true in court I will. I just was wondering why they would ask such a question at this point.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up Nanny's room behind the wallpaper
    Posts
    7,155

    Default

    Refusal could only result in that refusal to cooperate being given an adverse inference at trial - that you are trying to hide something.

    I have to say, I have never come across a person maintaining their innocence so unwilling to prove that innocence.
    Chris Saltrese Solicitors - private client only: http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/contact-us/ - Telephone: 01704 535 512:

    Private forums for those maintaining innocence of HISTORIC sexual offences: http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    943

    Default

    The most likely reason for wanting the information is to check what you've told them. Contrary to popular belief, some police officers try to check out both sides of the situation before reaching a conclusion. Don't forget, it's the CPS who make the decision to charge, not the police, for the most part.

    It's easy to get into the frame of mind of thinking that if you're innocent you don't have to tell the police anything; it's up to them to prove your guilt. In practice, it's not quite like that.

    Pushing to have your day in court is a big risk and you're in danger of cutting off your nose to spite your face if you withhold information that can help you.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franticwithworry View Post
    The most likely reason for wanting the information is to check what you've told them. Contrary to popular belief, some police officers try to check out both sides of the situation before reaching a conclusion. Don't forget, it's the CPS who make the decision to charge, not the police, for the most part.

    It's easy to get into the frame of mind of thinking that if you're innocent you don't have to tell the police anything; it's up to them to prove your guilt. In practice, it's not quite like that.

    Pushing to have your day in court is a big risk and you're in danger of cutting off your nose to spite your face if you withhold information that can help you.
    You are also in danger of the judge refusing a costs order in the event of an acquittal as there is a concept of bringing a trial upon yourself by refusing to cooperate with an investigation.

    You could perhaps ask your solicitor if limited disclosure of your records is possible or advisable. Your doctor could write to confirm the information but this will cost you.
    Consider carefully what you post in public. To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit :http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Being open and honest could speed up your case. I mentioned in my interview that I had received counseling for my past thoughts and I would call to let them know they could release the without a supeona. Two days later i got the call that the case is being closed.

    As far as money for food, I'm not sure if the U.K. has anything like this but I get EBT. It is a prog4am that puts a certain amount of money on a card based on income and family size. You then use it just like a credit card when buying food.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I phoned the OIC of my case 1 month ago, no reply so left a message. Phoned her again a week later, no reply so left another message but she did not get back to me for another week. She told me that she had sent the paperwork to the PPS (CPS) approximately a month before which would have been late June. So I phone the PPS on 10th August 2017 and they stated that they did not get the "Complete file" until the 31st of July. They also stated that it has not been allocated to anyone in the PPS and that it mostly likely will take months for any decision to be made.

    With all the stories I here on this site about delays in action by the police and decision making by the PPS (CPS), I cannot understand why someone given a NFA letter or found not guilty, after 6+months has not sued the police and CPS for breach of human rights "the right to be presented to a judge in a timely/responsible manner". In my case the only thing the police had to investigate is statements made by me and my FA. There was no DNA, No other Witness statements, No Forensics, so the police should have been able to deal with my case in a far quicker time. The effect of the delay on my mental health has been so great.

    Can the legal minds on here tell me why NOBODY has sued because of the extraordinary length of time it takes the police and CPS to do the simplest tasks. If they were a private business they would have gone bankrupt years ago but because they are safe in their jobs it seems they do not care about the effect the delays have on the falsely accuse.

    rant over.
    Last edited by Pond31; 12th August 2017 at 06:29 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Because sexual offences do not have statutory time limits in terms of PACE. Simple.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Yes sexual offences do not have a statutory time limit for prosecution but once a process of investigation has begun they are required by law to "present" you to a judge within a "timely/reasonable" manner. They may consider this duty only to kick in from the time someone is actually charged however I argue that it should kick in from the time of the first arrest and that any unreasonable delay in the breach of human rights.

    The Police and CPS should not be the ones who decided how long a timely manner is, it should be DEFINED by judges or law. I fully intend to sue the police and PPS for the unreasonable delays in my case such as delays due to the time it took the police to type up statements and fill in paperwork. The Police have repeatedly said to me that it takes months for them to type of statements for any kind of case not just sexual offences.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pond31 View Post
    Yes sexual offences do not have a statutory time limit for prosecution but once a process of investigation has begun they are required by law to "present" you to a judge within a "timely/reasonable" manner. They may consider this duty only to kick in from the time someone is actually charged however I argue that it should kick in from the time of the first arrest and that any unreasonable delay in the breach of human rights.

    The Police and CPS should not be the ones who decided how long a timely manner is, it should be DEFINED by judges or law. I fully intend to sue the police and PPS for the unreasonable delays in my case such as delays due to the time it took the police to type up statements and fill in paperwork. The Police have repeatedly said to me that it takes months for them to type of statements for any kind of case not just sexual offences.
    My son was released from police bail in July last year when the file was passed to the PPS. He received a letter at the end of June to say they had decided not to prosecute - 11 of the worst and longest months of our lives.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up Nanny's room behind the wallpaper
    Posts
    7,155

    Default

    Pond, it has nothing to do with "human rights" at all. Once charged, this is when the case should get before a judge as quickly as it can (and should).

    The police (and therefore the CPS) are overloaded with theses cases to the extent that it now takes months or even anything up to two years, or even longer before NFA or charge.

    I think we'd see the overload drop significantly if financial reward for lying was substituted with top notch therapy for genuine victims. But that will never happen, sadly.
    Last edited by Rights Fighter; 13th August 2017 at 10:17 AM.
    Chris Saltrese Solicitors - private client only: http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/contact-us/ - Telephone: 01704 535 512:

    Private forums for those maintaining innocence of HISTORIC sexual offences: http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rights Fighter View Post

    I think we'd see the overload drop significantly if financial reward for lying was substituted with top notch therapy for genuine victims. But that will never happen, sadly.
    Sorry to be so ignorant about these things, but you have said here the FA gets a financial benefit , I didn't know that. When do they get a financial benefit?

    I do have a screen shot of something my FA said online about ' next year I will be a millionaire' soon after my arrest. I thought she meant she was going to ask me for money to drop the case, but she hasn't , unfortunately . But if the FA's get money from a guilty sentence, perhaps she meant that...of course she could just have been quoting from Only Fools and Horses

    Thanks Sam

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    340

    Default

    RF was referring to criminal injuries compensation which has the effect of encouraging liars and fantasists as well as genuine victims that are reluctant to report or testify. I believe the average payout for rape is 11k reaching a maximum of 44k ( I think)

    Claimants are required to comply fully with an investigation and prosecution and they do not get their money until after a trial but the payments do not require a guilty verdict as they are decided on a lower "balance of probabilities" level of proof rather than beyond a reasonable doubt.

    The screenshot you have may go some way to proving a motive or at the very least giving a potential jury pause for thought so make sure you don't lose it.
    Consider carefully what you post in public. To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit :http://www.pafaa.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=729

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    Pond, it has nothing to do with "human rights" at all. Once charged, this is when the case should get before a judge as quickly as it can (and should).

    The police (and therefore the CPS) are overloaded with theses cases to the extent that it now takes months or even anything up to two years, or even longer before NFA or charge.

    I think we'd see the overload drop significantly if financial reward for lying was substituted with top notch therapy for genuine victims. But that will never happen, sadly.
    I am sorry but I STRONGLY disagree with you. The months or even years of stressed caused by the wait for decision is tantamount to "cruel and unusual punishment". As the accused we have a right not to have to wait because the police and CPS are busy. If the police and CPS need more staff then its there responsibility to lobby the government for the funding. Why should I have to wait months for them to do the most basic task. I intend to sue with the help of my Union and the Human Rights Agency here in Northern Ireland. I don't want any money from them at all, what I want is them admit they are wrong and to speed up their actions so others don't have to suffer like I am.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    943

    Default

    I understand your anger and agree with you fully but there's a difference between what sensible people deem a right and a right that is enshrined in law. At the moment, having an accusation dealt with expeditiously is not a right enshrined in law, only the right to, once charged, having a trial take place within a reasonable time.

    The fight will be to have being on bail for the shortest time possible become a statutory obligation, and though there is a new law in England since April of this bringing oversight, it is silent on what is to happen if the investigation takes' too long' or even what 'too long' is.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •