No announcement yet.

Guess who's back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, I don't know what good if any I can be here to be honest giving information that might help others is not as hard as actually following the advice that you give, I can easily tell people don't worry and be positive, hey ho look where I am, I can't prove my innocence anymore and I dont care that because I was found guilty that some people will assume I must be, if that were true then what would be the point of this group.the law says we are all proven innocent till we are found guilty this is one crime where we are all guilty till proven innocent.

Comment

We had a member (LS) also falsely convicted, who gave a great deal of support on the forum, to the extent that he became a moderator.

The unknowns of trial and prison life can be fearful; not suggesting that you paint lurid word pictures of these, but if anyone does express concern you would be able to give a realistic reply.

There are already some stickied threads in the Useful Information section on coping with incarceration and you may be able to add to these and now of course you are now coping with the aftermath of it all so are building up an experience bank for this.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I entirely agree, CH. There was a time when i was going through the 'What if there's a guilty verdict'? mind-frame. I looked for as much help as i possibly could to see what people who had been convicted recommended so that i could prepare myself to help my son as much as possible for that eventuality.

We all know that there are wrongful convictions, and there's a will to convict for political reasons. The fact that the CPS go ahead with a prosecution if they think there's 51% or more chance of conviction says it all. Judging by the trial that I witnessed, they don't necessarily rely on the bona-fide evidence they have for that. The whole process, whether by design or not, seems geared against the accused.

With most crimes, the police already know that a crime has taken place, the trial examines whether the accused is the culprit and that's what the jury decides on. An unbiased outcome is likely.
        With sexual crimes, the trial involves establishing whether a crime took place or not with a pre-established culprit. Quite different, and extremely difficult for each member of the jury to be subjective. It's no surprise that miscarriages of justice happen.

Of course it is easier to give advice than follow it, most people on here are either going through something awful or have been through it - the nature of forums is to help each other and oneself as best as possible. There's no place on here for people who want to throw stones.

'Welcome back' means exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks1 View Post
          Thank you, I don't know what good if any I can be here to be honest giving information that might help others is not as hard as actually following the advice that you give, I can easily tell people don't worry and be positive, hey ho look where I am, I can't prove my innocence anymore and I dont care that because I was found guilty that some people will assume I must be, if that were true then what would be the point of this group.the law says we are all proven innocent till we are found guilty this is one crime where we are all guilty till proven innocent.
          Sorry Sparks, I have just realised I didn't post a welcoming message here.

I'm sorry that you have no way to appeal your conviction, perhaps the liar in your case will one day have an attack of conscience and do the right thing.

You are correct in everything you say but you certainly have the support of everyone here. No one, and I mean absolutely no one that has been falsely accused can have any doubt that it is sadly possible to be wrongly convicted.

We give our time in the groups because we have been through the horrors and emotions and we want everyone to know they are not alone. If you don't feel that you can support others at the moment that is fine, we are here to offer you support too.
          For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
          https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
          X