Its been 14 months for the cps to do anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been 14 months for the cps to do anything

Hello, some 14 months ago i was accused by my then mentally disturbed ex of an assault on her. i was arrested, forensics in my house as i sat on the sofa surrounded by 2 cid officers. i was took to the station, interviewed some hours later and read my rights and spent the night in the cell. the next day i was told by the custody officer that i shoud not have been arrested as there was not evidence and i should of been let go. i had personal poss took off me, which ive still not had back. the months after that i heard nothing, even my solicitor could not obtain any info to help. after numreous calls by myself over the last year, yesterday the cps person who is dealing with the case came onto the phone to me to say my ex has been given the right to review and has 30 days to appeal as this false case has nothing to it. what happens next?? am i expecting the police to just turn up at my door again like they first did? or will all coms be through letter?? the past 14 months has been hell!! my mental health has sufferd, my first yr at coll as a mature student has been tough. ive had no one to talk to, ive spoken to no one at all about this. i just want all this hell to be dropped so i can finally move on and move out of this area in scotland back to england to finaly get on with my life!!! 14 months of waiting ((( please help

Hi 14monthsofhellsndcounting and a warm Welcone to the moo as I call it . Sorry to hear of trauma you are going through and just to say you will always find someone on here to talk too and some brilliant help and advice too. As your Scotland end I cannot comment or assist with the law side but someone will be along to help shortly I am sure.

It's important you speak to someone and your GP
    May be a good one as they can advise and offer councilling if needed too . In my OH case we were waiting 18 months and every day we would try and take ourselves for a walk with the dogs or even make a flask and just go to a favourite spot just to be out and about . Sadly and angrily he has had the worst outcome possible one I still cannot come to terms with , but moo helps in those dark moments and the " there is always someone worse off" takes me out of feeelibg so bad .

I do hope you have the correct outcome just come on here if needing help or support we are all virtually with you through this . Take care .

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Was the assault alleged to have occurred in Scotland; if so as KB19 mentioned Scottish Law will apply.

A few members have personal experience and may be able to advise if they see this thread but in the meantime some useful website links are in this post from the 'Useful Information' section of the forum:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...9-Scottish-Law
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi 14 Months,

Whilst I am sympathetic to the amount of time this has taken to you, it might be worth you focusing on the fact that you might well now be "in the home straight" so to speak.

If the CPS has confirmed that they are giving the FA 30 days to appeal their decision, that would suggest would it not that they have NFA'd it.

Whilst it is quite possible the FA will appeal it, it is also quite possible that she will not. If she does, it is relatively likely that they will still come to the same conclusion.

Firstly, well done for getting the CPS to "cough" this information and secondly hang on in there, you could be very close indeed here

Comment

Still waiting 18 months on

Hello, yet another night I lay he thinking what is taking so long! She did a right to review with cps about 2 months ago and my solicitor has tried to chase it up but nothing back :/ its been 18 & half months. This is an on going hell. I want to completely move on, get my possessions back & see what action I can take. I've since moved from Scotland to England. Please help :/

Comment

There is no cps in Scotland but if the "victims" right to review is the same then they are obliged to assess the case again. There is no formal NFAing of a case north of the border either but it would seem they were about to drop it when the accuser triggered the review. I am wondering if this is a police review rather than the crown... but I haven't a clue. Scottish law may be the most archaic in the world

As E3 says, you are on the home straight and it is merely a matter of waiting for the result. The good news is that it has been "NFA'd" once already.

Try and keep busy to minimise stress and be good to yourself.

[ if any Scottish Members are reading and could help that would be great - links to plain English guides to Scottish law would also be gratefully received ]
            For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
            https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

So I've had a quick look and it would seem that "victims" have a similar right to review as in E&W.

They should lodge their appeal to the procurator fiscal within one month of being told of the decision not to prosecute and "generally be told of the review decision within 20 working days"

http://www.copfs.gov.uk/publications...-and-witnesses

Hang in there 14months, you should hopefully hear of a decision soon
              For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
              https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Now 20months and nothing!!

It's been 20 months since the alerged offrnce. Few months ago I was told my ex wanted a right to review but my solicitor says all I can do is wait but at this rate it is gonna be 2yrs of he'll!! What's going on?? My solicator when I text him it can take weeks or he nrver replys. Can I take cps or police for compensation once this has all been done. None of my friends of family know, it's he'll I'm beyond fed up.

Comment

I feel really sorry about your long wait, but it does feel to me that once they get their act together, you will get an NFA or whatever the equivalent is in Scotland.

It is outrageous though that this has all taken so long for you, considering your case does look like it was going to be NFA'd before.

I have often wondered if when I get an NFA or it goes to court and got a NG whether I would try to sue the girl, but I think if and when those things happen for me, I shall just me so relieved to be able to get back on with my life , that I won't do anything. Luckily my job is not one where an 'arrested for rape' on my record will affect my job chances , or at least I hope not, Because that would worry me

Good luck hope you hear soon

Comment

Ive litteraly been left in the dark, it's cruel and unfair. Ive had to move away, leave everything. It's a daily living hell ((

Comment

Working...
                    X