Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

False Rape Accusations, wishing to pursue legal action against this woman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Rape Accusations, wishing to pursue legal action against this woman!

Hi

I want to launch legal proceedings against this woman and the company to which I worked for in 2007!

This will be a very high profile case due to the owner of this health club chain being in the media spot light!

I'm in Scotland and shall be using legal aid!...I want the best solicitor there is in this country!

Much appreciated...

I didn't know that in Scotland they allow legal aid to be allocated for this sort of civil case.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thankyou for your reply however that option will not be appropriate due to immense costs incured ...funds for which i do not have.

Would i not be eligible for Legal aid on such a case, if not what are my other options in getting this woman into court...no win no fee firms!

For the company itself what would my options be with them...employment law!

Comment

I would also like to know if there are support groups im able to attend please...thankyou.
        Last edited by Justice4men; 9 April 2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry to disappoint you but in Scotland there is also a 3 year "time bar" on taking civil action. I am not a lawyer so you will have to check this but prepare to be disappointed and just let things go.

I too doubt very much that there is any legal aid available for a civil case such as that, it is barely available for criminal trials these days sadly. I can only suggest you try and speak to a no win no fee solicitor or make an appointment at the citizens advice bureau.

I don't know of any support groups based in Scotland unfortunately, perhaps the samaritans or your doctor may be able to direct you to somewhere you can get some counselling or maybe try and seek out a mens rights group.

Good luck
          For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
          https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

FWIW English law (not Scottish) states time bar for defamation is 12 months (I think that is one option - but you may be considering more).
            In short as a private client, with written evidence that clearly identifies you & the false fact that reduced your standing in the eyes of your peers you have a 65% chance of winning at best. Costs will be 70K (up to high Court).
            If you think no win no fee is the way to go, then 140K is the legal cost. The firms double the fees as a "success bonus"
            Not all costs awarded to you, so you will have to eat 30% or so, might even be 50%.
            Your award even for a significant libel is 30-50 K as a general member of the public.
            Very soon you realise unless you are independently wealthy libel is a non-runner (potentially being 20K worse off even if you win). The advise above is in summary what cost me 6K to obtain (with a review of the material).
            So you might want to have a think....of another way to address the unfair situation.

You are not alone, but that is cold comfort.

Mr B

Comment

Originally posted by Mr B View Post
              FWIW English law (not Scottish) states time bar for defamation is 12 months (I think that is one option - but you may be considering more).
              In short as a private client, with written evidence that clearly identifies you & the false fact that reduced your standing in the eyes of your peers you have a 65% chance of winning at best. Costs will be 70K (up to high Court).
              If you think no win no fee is the way to go, then 140K is the legal cost. The firms double the fees as a "success bonus"
              Not all costs awarded to you, so you will have to eat 30% or so, might even be 50%.
              Your award even for a significant libel is 30-50 K as a general member of the public.
              Very soon you realise unless you are independently wealthy libel is a non-runner (potentially being 20K worse off even if you win). The advise above is in summary what cost me 6K to obtain (with a review of the material).
              So you might want to have a think....of another way to address the unfair situation.

You are not alone, but that is cold comfort.

Mr B
              Very much appreciated thank you for your advice!

Comment

Working...
              X