Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot believe it

Hi All

I have been waiting for months to see what is happening with my case. My solicitor gave me a number for the PPS to check up what was happening. I phoned them twice, because I need to be clear. It appears that they don't know who I am and have no case with my details on it, that is why I phoned twice to make sure I was right. So it appears that the OIC or whoever has not sent information to the PPS or the PPS has not created a case file. This is after 2 plus months. WTF are they up too, If the police had sent a file to the PPS they should have least had some record of it. I am lost and don't know where I am. I so wanted them to charge me so I could go to court and prove me innocence but I don't even know what is happening. This is a breach of European Convention of Human Rights: The Right to a fair trail. Under this article I have the Right to be presented before a judge in a "timely" manner. I consider that I have not.

I AM SAYING THIS IN BOLD NOT BECAUSE I AM SHOUTING BUT BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO READ IT. I WOULD LIKE TO CROWDFUND A JUDICIAL REVIEW THAT LOOKS INTO THE TIME SCALE OF ACCUSATIONS, INVESTIGATIONS AND CHARGES. SO MANY OF THE MEMBERS HERE HAVE SUFFERED BECAUSE WE HAVE TO ACCEPTED THAT THE POLICE, AND CPS HAVE THEIR OWN TIMESCALE. THIS IS NOT RIGHT THIS IS NOT FAIR THE POLICE AND CPS SHOW DO THEIR JOB IN A REASONABLE TIME.

If I do crowdfund a judicial review I would like your support, I would like you to spread the knowledge and I would like you to Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat and WhatsApp your heart out. WE SHOULD NOT SUFFER because the police of CPS do not have the funding or staff to deal with our cases.

I hate to burst your bubble but we don't need to "share the knowledge".

I've been working in false allegations since 2002, joining support groups back then, that were started in the early 1990's. The knowledge is already out there. Petitions are set up every day and refused every day, with regard to all angles of false allegations.

English law recently changed ensuring that time on bail last for 28 days only. This means that if the "investigations" are not completed, then they still continue but without the burden of bail conditions.

Some people have waited over two years before getting a decision. And believe me, if you can avoid a trial that is the best outcome. Too many wrongful convictions happen every day.

Plus, with regards to crowdfunding, most people in this group have been left with little or no money so cannot afford to contribute. Sharing any links wouldn't garner much success because many people (Joe and Jenny Public) still believe that nobody lies about such matters. There are unlikely to contribute.

Go back to the police, if you haven't already, and explain that the PPS have no record of your case and ask them to "investigate" that.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

lol RF - bit harsh though?!

Pond,

I think Rf was a bit harsh with you there, though sadly she is right.

Please don't think that we are not sympathetic, because actually we do recognise that 2 months without sending the file to the PPS is in point of fact disgraceful.

That said, as RF alludes to, sadly your situation barely moves the needle on the Richter Scale of Disgracefulness on these forums.

I have been under investigation / on bail for most of the last 5.5 year. I have never seen the inside of a courtroom in anger but still I am down a business, several hundred grand, employment, quite a few family members, several friends, my health and my sanity.

To give you an idea, yesterday I drafted a letter to the police which was at pains to point this out, not because I thought it might do any good but because it opens an avenue to another type of case I could potentially bring against them (malfeasance in public office) later down the line, which I have neither the cash nor probably the stomach to fight.

Turning back to your case, hang tough, we've been there and we understand the emotional strain.

GL with it.

Comment

Hmm,

I do understand your frustration Pond, it took them 6 months to charge me and that is pretty quick but a NFA is always the best outcome, you just need to keep yourself busy and try not to think too much about the allegations hanging over you.

The right to a fair trial is tied to a proper investigation and only the police can decide when their "work" is done. Remember that real allegations happen every day too, imagine being a victim of a horrible assault, reporting it and waiting 18 months for a charging decision.

As RF says, ring the police for an update and by all means ask them what is taking so long but be polite and don't expect a proper answer.

Hang in there
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Spoke to OIC Supervisor

I had attempted to speak to the OIC but got no reply. I however got a call from their supervisor, who stated that the delay was due to the time it takes to do the administration work. I then remembered that after three months they still had not my FA's statements typed up. My interview was only 2 months ago, so therefore I suspect that they are getting my statement typed up still. So I can see any PPS decision to be 5 or 6 months away. I could have typed up the interview myself in a day or two. They need more staff and I am going to my local politicians about this matter.

Comment

I have no idea how PPS is funded and how much, in Scotland. In England, CPS have suffered cuts, as have the police, which means many jobs were lost. This would probably account for the time it is taking.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I have made a complaint

I have made a complaint to the relevant body about the delay in my case caused by the typing backlog. The body had 5 days to review my complaint before accepting it and I thought it would be rejected but to my surprise it wasn't. They are going to contact the OIC and ask them has there been a delay due to avoidable administrative issues. I know people may say it is not a good idea to get on the wrong side of the OIC but I don't care because, as has been said on the forum "they are not my friend". Once my case is dealt with I intend to seek support from my local Human Rights Commission to see if a law can be introduced to set out time limits for cases to be complete. I spoke to two beat officers on the street last week and it appears that this administrative delay is widespread within my local police force no matter what type of case it involves.

Comment

I can believe it...

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I am an innocent victim of a very flawed PVG system which only operates in Scotland. My life is in ruins because of it.

Initially the PVG Unit inform you that you are under consideration for "listing" and give you the opportunity to put your case to the Scottish Ministers (via Disclosure Scotland) as to why you think you should NOT be "listed". Your written defence is then assessed by the Chief Constable of Police Scotland who decides whether to place you on the children's list, the adult's list, both lists or not to list you at all. Once they decide to list you (and they will list you because they ignore everything you tell them, even when you provide them with incontrovertible evidence), as I was informed by a very senior police officer, "If it might be true, we can use it against you."

You can then appeal against being listed. Again, Disclosure Scotland completely ignore what you say and that takes you to the stage where you need to appear in court. We spent our entire life savings on paying the lawyer to enter my defence but had no means of paying for the additional court costs. Justice for the rich only.

In my case, not only was I never charged with any crime, I was never even interviewed by the police! What I'm accused of could result in a life sentience if found guilty BUT when I asked two separate police officers to prosecute me (the only way to prove my innocence) they both refused! One laughed!

I had no idea there was anything on my PVG till I applied for a new job. You could not make this stuff up! I have never been in any kind of trouble my entire life, not even a speeding ticket. My MSP couldn't help me but did admit that the power given to the police, social workers and other agencies under this new PVG scheme is alarming. Get on the wrong side of someone with this power and they can ruin your life with just a lie.

I haven't worked for the last 6 years, my reputation lies in ruins and I have been ground down by the "Establishment" - a clean living, decent mother of two fine, productive adult children, an innocent person! I could be living in Russia for all the difference my so called "human rights" have made to my situation.

Comment

Hi Ms Integrity

I had to look up what PVG meant as it is a term I have not come across. So you have been listed without every being arrested or charged? Although there is no system like that here in NI any CRB/Disclosure Check here has a an any additional comments box which is where the PSNI put "soft intelligence" such "been charged with x but found not guilty" or " suspicion of Y" . I spoke to a human rights lawyer about it saying it surely breaks the right to privacy or a fairy trial in some way but she turn round and said that the government can override human rights law "in the public interest".

I looked on the website and it states that you could be listed for a conviction by the police or courts or a referral to a governing body from a past employer. I do see were it says they can list you with no conviction or investigation. The law is very frustrating. The justice system does not seem to care about people just paperwork.

When my case is over I am seeking changes in the law over here so some else does not have to suffer the same.

Pond31

Ever though of Crowdfunding your case?

Comment

Working...
                  X