Advice for those on Police Pre-Charge Bail prior to 3rd April 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for those on Police Pre-Charge Bail prior to 3rd April 2017

I have today asked my solicitor to write to the police, asking for details of any policies / procedures that have been put in place to restrict the misuse and provide for additional oversight of Police Pre-charge bail for persons put on bail prior to 3rd April 2017 (which the latest legislation does not cover).

I understand of course that the Police are very unlikely to respond, HOWEVER, it does not hurt to draw attention to the fact now.

It is all but certain that there are readers / members of this forum who will still be on Pre-Charge Police bail in a year or two's time, without oversight and as such it is (in my view) important to draw attention to this as early as possible.

Can I suggest that other forum members consider asking a similar question of their police force now. It will of course make absolutely no difference to your situation in the short term, but in a year or two's time you might well be glad you asked the question.

In the event that anybody asks the question and receives an answer - could you post it here with details of the force in question.

If indeed you do not receive a reply in the next couple of months, can I further suggest that you write to your MP about it citing the fact that you have made enquiries to the police but have not had a response. In particular you might want to suggest they table a written parliamentary question to Brandon Lewis, Minister of State, Home Office, to ascertain what if any arrangements are being made to provide oversight for people on pre-charge police bail previous to 3rd April 2017.
Working...
X