New police guideline on maximum time for bail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New police guideline on maximum time for bail

Well this morning as I was getting dressed I suddenly stopped n my tracks as a report came on the news. That police have to have people on bail for no longer than 28 days! These new guideline/law? Is to come into place to stop the suffering and stress etc of the people on extended bail.
    Just typical that this comes into place after my son got charged friday after being on bail for six months!! I do hope that this actually comes to pass and that this previous case of extended bail on the hope that Accussers can come up with more mud to throw and stick on their victims (because that is who the victims are in many of the cases I see on this forum) stops, and that sense prevails with what is brought to the police in the first place.
    Even if it means an earlier court date if that is what transpires, then it means the nightmare has an earlier end. In our case it seems the waiting whilst nothing happens is worse than having a decision made that we can at last start fighting to clear.

I also listened to that item with interest but I thought that it was then said that the 28 days could be extended if necessary in serious cases by a senior officer and/or by application to the Magistrates Court.

I suppose the saving grace is that it won't be as easy in the future to just pick a number at random!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I have followed the passage of this law through Parliament with interest.

Unfortunately it simply means that there will be oversight for bail extensions that is unlikelt to. E witheld and police forces are already getting round the pricess by releasing people with out bail.

It makes a nonsense of the previous 'need' for bail but no bail means little to no rush restrictions on investigation times.

The new law isn't going to be helpful in many cases, I fear.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
        I have followed the passage of this law through Parliament with interest.

Unfortunately it simply means that there will be oversight for bail extensions that is unlikelt to. E witheld and police forces are already getting round the pricess by releasing people with out bail.

It makes a nonsense of the previous 'need' for bail but no bail means little to no rush restrictions on investigation times.

The new law isn't going to be helpful in many cases, I fear.
        I think you're right Frantic. Not much will change for the better.

Comment

Working...
        X