Urgent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help

We have just been informed of the allegations, much worse than we had expected, in fact the allergation is now rape of a minor. Help! He has the interview tomorrow. What do we do? This is breaking us all. It's all false; how can someone lie like this? Will it go to court on his word alone my husband has resigned himself to the fact he is going to prison forever!

Hi. I know it's difficult but try to keep calm. Easier said than done I know.

Make sure he has a solicitor with him at the interview. You are in an awful scary place at the moment. Everyone supporting a loved one knows exactly how you are feeling. We're 9 months on from arrest and I can clearly remember exactly what it all felt like back then.

Just clear each hurdle one at a time. The advice and support on this forum will get you through - honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostmummy View Post
      We have just been informed of the allegations, much worse than we had expected, in fact the allergation is now rape of a minor. Help! He has the interview tomorrow. What do we do? This is breaking us all. It's all false; how can someone lie like this? Will it go to court on his word alone my husband has resigned himself to the fact he is going to prison forever!
      Hi Lost mummy - sorry to hear about your situation

When was the offence alleged to have taken place ?

Comment

This is a rollercoaster of emotions from start to finish. All victims of a FA will identify with your feelings of despair.

Many, many cases do go to court based upon one person's word. But it certainly does not mean your partner will be charged or even go to prison.

Try to take one step at a time, try not to over think every thing. It is easy to give out good advise but very difficult to act upon it. But you will continue to receive lots of support on here. Lean on us whenever you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostmummy View Post
          Hi there

Sorry to hear of your awful ordeal, I know it's difficult but try to remain calm. Unfortunately there is no quick answer. Your solicitor will advise your husband tomorrow and you have to take one day at a time. Once you know more you will be able to move forward and this forum as you know is invaluable.
          I remember only to well how it felt when we were at this stage and never thought We would get through it but you will. Sending positivity for tomorrow. X

Comment

Please try not to panic. You've prepared well and done all the right things in relation to the upcoming interview. None of that alters now you know what the allegation is, and at this stage, it's still 'only' an a allegation.

Certainly, it's a shock to learn the gravity of the lies that are being told. Take deep breaths and let yourselves recover from that shock. It's far to early to be thinking in terms of a prison sentence, even though it's natural for your minds to make that leap. It will be quite a long road before there's even a charge, let alone a trial and conviction.

Don't forget, in the majority of these cases, there is 'no further action' and quite honestly, if the allegation is ludicrous, the more likely that is to happen. Liars have a habit of tripping themselves up and tying themselves in knots with the lies they tell. Why they do it is often transparent too - jealousy, attention seeking, revenge, monetary gain - the reasons span the spectrum.

I hope all goes as well as it can tomorrow and the solicitor is knowledgeable and supportive. Don't forget that the police have a duty to deal with each and every complaint, and there's a process to go through that you are stuck in, no matter what.

Knowing the allegation has absolutely no basis means you and your husband can hold your heads high. He's done nothing wrong. Don't lose sight of that and take all the strength you can from it.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
            X