Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mans life left in tatters due to "Police Typo" accused of downloading Indecent images of children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mans life left in tatters due to "Police Typo" accused of downloading Indecent images of children

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39328853 (Full Version)

When Nigel Lang was wrongly arrested on suspicion of sharing indecent images of children, he says his life fell apart. It all stemmed from nothing more than a typing error by police.

"When I was arrested, I feared what was going to happen to me.

"What about my family, will they be targeted? Will they target my mum's house? Will they be getting sworn at and attacked in the street?"

Speaking to the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme, Nigel Lang recalls the questions racing through his head one July morning in 2011.

Quite a shocking case. I feel very sorry for him and the lack of effort made by the Police to explain their actions is concerning and not acceptable. The impact on his life will be life changing particularly due to the nature of his work at the time.

It almost haunts me about my own situation of being falsely accused. I was a social worker for children in the Youth Justice system when I was accused. I said I would never return to that work but I have and in some ways returning has helped me to move on with my life but the whole situation has made me reflect that I badly need a change in career and I still plan to retrain at some point in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
    X