Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non recent false sexual abuse allegations

Good afternoon to you all.

I've been reading through your posts and, although I wish you all weren't going through such a terrible ordeal, I am grateful I have others to speak to about this.

On the 14th of this month my husband was requested to contact the police concerning a non recent allegation of sexual assault made against him. He was informed that he needs to contact the police officer to arrange an interview, during which she said he WILL NOT require a legal representative. We have found a solicitor who has now made contact on our behalf to arrange an interview.

The offence allegedly took place between 1995 - 2000. My husband at the time would've been 10 - 15. The alleged would've been 3 - 8. Of course this allergation is false and my husband and I will fight this together! The officer disclosed some information over the phone to my husbands brother, who the victim disclosed to be a witness. His brother assured the police officer over the phone that he did not witness anything. We do not know what has been said, all that we do know is that my husband and his family barely knew the male individual who made the accusations.

We have children together. Our solicitor said to be prepared for possible social service involvement - what will they do? My husband has no previous convictions. He is amazing man and father. It's killing me to see him like this.

What should we be prepared for? I feel so helpless. There is only so much our solicitor can do. He is yet to hear back from the officer. It all seems like the officer has gone about it all so unofficially.

Please help!

Many thanks.

Didnt want to read and run.
    Welcome,sorry to hear you are in this siuation.
    Someone will be along to give you advice soon Im sure.

I have learnt so much just from being here a few days.
    The police are terrible,they did this too my son also,we have a solicitor now,but didnt at the time of interview.
    Have a good read of the threads,you'll see you are not alone. xxx

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply! I've read your threads and I wish you all the very best with your son. Being your husband is one thing, but your own baby - that must be so difficult. We must all keep strong!

Comment

Totally agreed! Its a difficult thing we are going through whether it be son,husband,boyfriend,brother ect.
        But you are in the right place to get support x

Comment

It is wrong of any police officer to tell a person called in for an interview that there is no need for a solicitor.

Hopefully you have made a good choice in the one you have chosen. Should be free unless a private client solicitor who is not a duty solicitor.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you for the reply RF. Fortunately for me I studied youth law so I know the procedure to some extent. Its all so scary! Nothing ever prepares you for this. I do hope our solicitor is adequate for this type of case!

Comment

In view of your husbands age, and depending on the exact timing of accusations within the date range you gave, the following link may be of interest (and could explain the officer's remarks?)

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...0-Doli-Incapax
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Casehardened - thank you so much for your reply. The information you gave was very insightful. It would make it so much easier if we knew what allegations we were facing and the exact time scale. It's all a waiting game. Thank you again.

Comment

Always ask for & get a duty solicitor. Always. No exceptions...

No duty solicitor - no interview.

Mr B

Comment

Police protocol

Hi all. I am so grateful to be able to speak to others in the same situation. I have a question concerning police protocol. My husband has been invited for an interview, which I believe will be under caution, in a few weeks time. This is concerning an alleged non recent sexual assault that supposedly happened when my husband was 10 - 15 and the victim would've been 3 - 8. Of course these claims are not true at all. My husband barely knew the victim and we are just so taken back by why this has come out. We can't think of any motive and with little information disclosed to us we in bits! The officer said this statement was put in last year, possibly four months ago.

Now what I would like to know is that given the time it's taken them to follow up the allegations does this mean that the claim made by the victim has little evidence/credibility and they're just following protocol? Also, wouldn't they want to make an arrest if the offence was sexually deviant, why take so long to contact my husband?

Advice would be appreciated. Thank you all for your support. You truly are angels! X

Comment

Mr B - thank you for your advice. We will be sure to have our solicitor present for the interview.

Comment

Hi there. I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through this. It's a nightmare, but you will get through it.

The first thing I'd like to suggest is to try not to read anything into anything. It seems to be pretty standard that there are time gaps between complaints being made and the accused being questioned. Who knows why, but it happens so often that it really is no reflection on what the officers are thinking. Especially with historic allegations, there seems to be no rush.

As for the interview, seeing that you have time to prepare, there's a lot to be said for finding a solicitor who has experience with false allegations and not just relying on the duty solicitor who is available on the day. There's a sticky thread on here with recommendations, and if there isn't someone suitable there for you, post here with your general area and someone might have someone they can suggest.

In the meantime, please try not to worry. Unfortunately, whatever happens, this is likely to be a long process for you. Historical allegations don't seem to be high on the list of priorities, and people often spend a considerable length of time on bail. I don't say that to distress or upset you, but to say that patience will be your friend. There's lots of support here whenever you need it so be sure to check back as often as you need.
                        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to message me, I really appreciate the support. Yes, I do think I am reading too much into it all and I guess trying to source some hope from everything! We thankfully have a solicitor who will be attending the interview with my husband. You're right, patience is our best friend right about now. It's so very difficult to feel helpless, I think that's the hardest part. Again, thank you. X
                          Last edited by Lostmummy; 19 March 2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

You're not helpless. :-)

You're doing lots - getting the legal help you need; you're trying not to worry; you're being patient; your husband is likely wracking his brain to remember anything he can about the accuser and how he knew or didn't know her; you are maintaining your dignity; you are supporting one another. There are probably things I've missed.

It all adds up and it all counts and you can both hold your heads high, believe in his innocence and know that you are doing all you can. There will be more to do later, but for now all that will do.

Last edited by Franticwithworry; 19 March 2017, 08:48 PM. Reason: To correct spelling
                            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hello and welcome...
                              There are dozens and dozens of examples of how the police operate in such circumstances, i'm not sure what the protocol is to be honest?
                              One thing I am certain of is do NOT trust the police!
                              And this is from someone who before my ordeal, I was someone who supported the police!!

I would say it goes without saying your husband takes a solicitor in with him, and preferably one with knowledge of such matters!

Unfortunately as you will read on here, it appears to be happening a lot recently and you may well have to hope for the best but expect the worst!

My case got sent to trial with just the statement of the accuser...no actual evidence or witnesses to back her up!
                              Sorry if it sounds a bit grim, but this is the stark reality!

Good luck and keep positive (and keep posting)

Comment

Working...
                              X