One year on police bail - again extended :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year on police bail - again extended :(

Its one year now i am on bail, I come to know that my bail again extended until June. Its really frustrating to hear the same words again and again from the officer " we are still investigating ".

I am falsely accused by my smart wife who took advantage of loopholes in legal system . I am not sure how foolishly police could believe her stories though they know these are allegations for advantage and waste my quality time and career.

I wish i would be prosecuted in crown court rather than wasting my time in hands of a lazy officer. It will just take 1 hour for any one to understand my case , i spent 3 months of hell in marriage relationship and 1 year in police bail. I never thought police will take 1 year of investigation for three months of marriage.

I really understand now the importance of 28 days police bail legal limit and i can see from this group how many people are suffering because of long pending investigations I always see legal maxim in English law " Justice delayed is Justice denied " and " Innocent until proven guilty" are never true in any case.

My career was spoiled and i missed many opportunities because of impending prosecution in my PNC records which are impending for past one year .

I always get courage by visiting this group regularly by seeing people going through painful phases still hopeful in their life.

I strongly believe police should understand the way domestic violence/rape have log term impact on genuine women victims , False allegations of rape/DV will have same long term impact on innocent suspects.

does this happen to everyone?

Originally posted by innocent1984 View Post
    Its one year now i am on bail, I come to know that my bail again extended until June. Its really frustrating to hear the same words again and again from the officer " we are still investigating ".
    I never thought police will take 1 year of investigation for three months of marriage.

I really understand now the importance of 28 days police bail legal limit and i can see from this group how many people are suffering because of long pending investigations I always see legal maxim in English law " Justice delayed is Justice denied " and " Innocent until proven guilty" are never true in any case.

My career was spoiled and i missed many opportunities because of impending prosecution in my PNC records which are impending for past one year .

I strongly believe police should understand the way domestic violence/rape have log term impact on genuine women victims , False allegations of rape/DV will have same long term impact on innocent suspects.
    Hey, I have my first bail hearing in 6 weeks time as i was arrested and accused last saterday. I was hoping that i would either get aquitted of my allegations or an imediate charge and court date. I cannot risk being in an overly prolonged case as im a university student and i may be forced to pull out of my course and take a break.

I was given a scholarship and i was told that if i do take prolonged time off uni when i do come back i would be a regular student have to start again and pay all the bills on my own. Which is somthing i wont be able to afford.

Any advice or things i should expect at my first bail hearing?

Comment

What are the accusations? , 6 Weeks is a normal time for first bail to return, Don't expect anything during this time. Be prepared for at least for 6 months. Follow up with OIC regularly at least he will start looking into your case.

Comment

It's quite likely that there won't be a hearing, that you will just be given a new date and have bail extended. On your bail date you go to the police station, not to court, unless the police contact you beforehand with a new date.

As for University, I'm sorry your scholarship is at risk if you take too much time off. That's a good reason to get to your doctor for help if you need it for depression or anxiety. To be honest, work or study is a good way to keep your mind occupied and away from fretting about your situation. You don't need to tell your tutors what's going on unless you really have to, so my suggestion is to do what you can to keep on an even keel mentally.

Confide in friends or family if you can, look in here often and rest assured that you WILL get through this, and lots of us here will help and support you too. It's a process, a slow one, and the more patience you can find, the better.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I was accused of rape, it was one of my own flatmates who made the accusation (for more info, i posted a thread)

in terms of the OIC do u mean it would be a good idea to give them a call once a week or so, just to kind of see if anthings changed etc or??

My phones got taken off me and i was told to give them a ring 1 week later to enquire about it. Do u think ill get them back? Theres nothing on there between me and the accuser at all

Also thanks for the advice Franticwithworry, thats the main reason i dont want to take time off uni because if i do i wont know what to do with myself everyday while i just wait, my minds going to explode.

Ill continue trying to post and im so greatful that everyone on here are so helpful

Comment

If and how often you call the OIC is a personal decision. Some people call regularly, others think it best to leave well alone, and it really depends on the reaction you get from the OIC. It probably doesn't help to irritate them too much. :-)

As for getting your phone back, again, some people get things back quite quickly and others not until the case is resolved. If they told you to call in a week to ask about it, do so and if you can't have it, ask when to ring again, and do. I don't think they should be left to keep people's belongings just because they can.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Do not call OIC too regularly since your case is still in a starting phase , You can call them two weeks before your bail to return date to understand how your case is progressing. As said by AgoFranticwithworry, Do not irritate them. If you have a solicitor its good idea to approach OIC through them always. You should be able to get your device soon or later if they informed you already to contact them in a week but don't leave it with them.

I know its painful during initial days but you will realize soon its just a challenge and good learning in life. Concentrate on your studies and stop thinking of this , Its not worth to waste your emotions thinking on these stupid allegations. Be positive in life.

Let the justice to take its course.

Comment

one of the worst things about these FA's is the time it takes to get a decision from the police and CPS.

you will lots of posts of ppl complaining about this, and it clearly stops ppls lives completely.

I don't think you should chase the officers too much, just let your solicitor do the chasing if necessary.

it can be long and hard, but you have to appreciate that its a very serious allegation that's been made, and even though we all here concentrate on the FA's.....there are tons of real complaints. The police have to deal with all the complaints in the same way.
                Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
                Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

I agree there are tons of real complaints; we should also need to see the kind of ordeal a real complainant will be going through due to this delayed investigation. Police should not leave these real suspects onto the roads to commit further crimes if they are really serious about these accusations. It is highly unacceptable for police to leave these real criminals in bail for years.

Check the Paul gambaccini arrest which is a landmark case finally the Police and crime bill 2017, They are going to bring limit to investigations and a proper explanation is required when they require to extend the re bail dates more than 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by innocent1984 View Post
                    I agree there are tons of real complaints; we should also need to see the kind of ordeal a real complainant will be going through due to this delayed investigation. Police should not leave these real suspects onto the roads to commit further crimes if they are really serious about these accusations. It is highly unacceptable for police to leave these real criminals in bail for years.

Check the Paul gambaccini arrest which is a landmark case finally the Police and crime bill 2017, They are going to bring limit to investigations and a proper explanation is required when they require to extend the re bail dates more than 6 months.
                    I've been following the Police and Crime Bill 2017 and its passage through parliament, and I'm convinced that it's poorly thought out and not the solution we hope for. Many people are questioned and released without bail. Sometimes bail even gets cancelled for no apparent reason. All that is going to happen is that the police will decide more often not to impose bail and cases with no bail requirements, especially historical cases, will languish as before. There's no national strategy regarding whether or not bail is imposed, so the mish-mash will continue.

Lawyers are already noticing that the police are imposing bail less and cancelling bail more, presumably in anticipation of the new law.

Personally, I would like to see a clear report of what the police have done between bail dates to justify a rebail. The current 'investigations are ongoing' or 'attempting to contact witnesses' isn't satisfactory for the complainant, the guilty or the not guilty.

I don't want to see the guilty go free as much as anyone, but I would like to see a system whereby time wasters and liars who can be clearly identified - and there are plenty - can be weeded out more easily, and where facts rather than politics, policies or fallacies take precedence. Unfortunately, that's not likely in the present system.

Comment

Timely Manner

Hi

The ECHR requires the legal system to present a person to a judge in a "Timely Manner". Unfortunately there is no set amount of time in the convention so governments can decided on their own what a timely manner is. I think that more than a year to investigate a case is FAR to much. I know the delays are often administrative rather than investigative. As it my case the OIC set three months for my FA's interview to be transcribed and when I attend the police station after three months they did not have it done. I strongly believe that if they were sued under the ECHR they would speed up their decisions.

Comment

Who can afford to sue, though? Not us or anyone I know.

Comment

We could crowd fund it or I an seek advice from a The Human Rights Commission here in Northern Ireland. They would take a case up if the believed in it.

Comment

is it common for police to add impending prosecution in all cases in PNC after arrest ? Or can we fight for wrongful entry in PNC since it has significant impact on suspect whose bail extended for ages ?

Comment

Working...
                            X