No announcement yet.

Trial starts Monday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope today isn't as bad as you thought it might be. Hold on in there!
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Really thinking of you today and this week. Keep strong, you have come so far.

Comment

Thinking of you today.

Comment

Please do let us know how you got on.

Mr B

Comment

Day 1 over with

Hello everyone, sorry its a little late but ive not been back home long!

Its obviously a little hard to try and put everything down in one post, but I will try and cover the main parts!

Got off to a bit of a late start, but got her video statement done by lunch...
            After lunch it was her turn...
            I really don't want to give too much away but I was genuinely surprised at how bad she came across?!
            We had the token tears obviously, and no doubt some of the jury would maybe look more favourably etc?
            But to say my barrister turned her over is an understatement!
            He seemed to think she did ok...but ive got a funny feeling he plays his cards very close to his chest and is maybe just keeping my mind on the job in hand??

So her witnesses are up first tomorrow am, this will be interesting because both of them will contradict her story (well with what they put in there statements)

So to summarise, very early days yet but i am happy with today (under the circumstances)

I will probably speak at sometime tomorrow, not exactly looking forward to it but it needs to be done!

Ps the advice about court really helped me today guys and i sat there the entire time she was speaking (and calling me a dirty paedo) and remained calm! (So huge thanks)

Post again tomorrow

Comment

Well done that man. Now off to bed early you hear. You have to be as fresh as you can be.

Take care. Fingers crossed. You are not alone.
              Mr B

Comment

All the best. Fingers crossed

Bob

Comment

It sounds as though there are reasons for confidence but not (and never) complacency. Get as much rest as you can and very best wishes for tomorrow. I'll be thonkong of you, as will many others.
                  'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

It's sounds rather positive for you, be confident you have nothing to hide. Carry on, keep your cool it will all unfold and the truth will come out.

Comment

Glad you're feeling positive, all the best for tomorrow.

Stand tall, this is your turn now after all these frustrating months.

Comment

Good luck today Aidy.

Show the jury what you're made of!

Best wishes

Comment

Hi mate glad to hear you are feeling confident, just a quick one my accuser stopped half way through the statement because of crying it did not phase the jury one bit fake tears and really emotion are two very different things.

All the best today

Comment

Sending positive vibes today Aidy. Hold on in there
                            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Day 2:

Hey guys, another long day in court today!
                              Had a bit of a legal technicality issue today, so it ate up most of the day, however it actually inadvertently turned in my favour!!
                              I genuinely have no idea how it is going, but I will say up to know she has spoke and both her witnesses, and none of them have covered themselves in glory imo??
                              My barrister seems to know what he is doing so more than happy with what's gone on so far!!

I got to the stand just before close of play just long enough for my barrister to question me!

So its me up again tomorrow for cross examination...then my witnesses!

Wish me well

Comment

You seem to be taking it all in your stride well done.
                                Chin up chest out, good luck for tomorrow. We are all thinking about you

Comment

Working...
                                X