Trial starts Monday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial starts Monday..

Hi everyone, I wasn't really keen on revealing my trial date, but I could really do with the support if truth be known!
    I am quitely confident yet very very nervous!

Thank you for all your support so far and I will try and post during the week!!

Hopefully this time next week, it will be all over!

I'm very confident that your trial will be the hat-trick to the two NG's we've had this week!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I'll be thinking of you. Please keep us posted if you can. Quietly confident is good and nerves are normal. You're almost at the end of the road - this is the final hurdle. Hang in there and know that you have lots of support here.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Wish you the best of luck for next week. Hope the correct verdict is reached. This time next week, this nightmare may all be over for you. Try to relax this weekend and keep your strength ready for Monday morning. Be thinking of you throughout.

Comment

Good luck Aidy

Hi fella. Try to use this weekend to relax your mind. Spend time with friends and family and let their belief in your innocence stengthen your resolve.

Dress smartly for your trial and ALWAYS show proper respect for the court. Bring as much support as you can every day. It will help you in those difficult moments outside the court room.

Make sure you do exactly what your barrister advises. They are very smart people and their sole job is keeping you a free man.

Any problems, we're here for you.

Best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by Im scared View Post
            Hi fella. Try to use this weekend to relax your mind. Spend time with friends and family and let their belief in your innocence stengthen your resolve.

Dress smartly for your trial and ALWAYS show proper respect for the court. Bring as much support as you can every day. It will help you in those difficult moments outside the court room.

Make sure you do exactly what your barrister advises. They are very smart people and their sole job is keeping you a free man.

Any problems, we're here for you.

Best wishes
            Thanks mate, and thank you to everyone for you support and kind words!

I am honestly ok, and I think I am as prepared as I will ever be!!!!

Seemed to have aquired man-flu though so probably be dead by the end of the week lol

Have a lovely weekend guys x

Comment

You're probably poorly because you're run down.
              Get plenty of rest at the weekend, you should be over the worst by Monday.
              Stay strong, we're all rooting for you!
              Big hugs
              YoH

Comment

Hi it will be the most trying hardest scariest week of your life but you will get through it the truth will prevail, try and relax this weekend so much easier said than done but you need to be fresh faced. Hugging has always been the best remedy for me every chance I would get I would have a nice long hug with partner it helped so much. With you all the way message if you need anything.

Comment

How's it going Aidy? Hope you are now "getting used" to being in the dock and soon it will all be over. Hold on in there
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                    How's it going Aidy? Hope you are now "getting used" to being in the dock and soon it will all be over. Hold on in there
                    I'm honestly ok thanks!
                    Not sure what you mean about getting used to the dock? But thanks for flowers

Comment

RF is right, you will get used to being in the dock. The first day is usually the worst and it will get much better when your barrister does their work.

There's been lots of good advice here on presenting yourself in court, the main thing is to keep calm.

I'll wish you good luck for next week. Try and keep us updated and hold your head up high.
                      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Sorry Aidy - didn't mean to confuse! Sometimes a def gets a bit worried the first time in the dock but you will feel a bit better. If you are polite to the dock officer(s) and ushers and everyone else it will make it a lot easier.

Remember, if the jury like you, they are less likely to convict, so you need to be aware of that. When you give evidence make it as though you are in conversation with them as opposed to merely answering questions from either barrister.
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Many thanks RF, that is some damn fine advice : )

Comment

Morning all, had a bit of a lousy sleep last night, but actually feel quite good!

RF quick question?
                            You say a jury are less likely to convict if they like you?
                            Surely the evidence before them outweighs the like-ability of a defendant??

Don't get me wrong I know where you're coming from, but what if the jury really didn't take to someone and the evidence was in their favour?
                            Just a thought really

Comment

This is based on experience Aidy.
                              The jury can't ignore obvious evidence but in cases where the accused is innocent then the evidence will be weak and usually the word of one person.
                              If you had to choose between 2 people both giving conflicting evidence, it's human nature to favour the one that you are inclined to like.
                              No one is suggesting that if the person is guilty then they will get away with it just because he/she is likeable!!

If the evidence is clearly in their favour then it wouldn't matter how unpleasant the person was, the jury would need to look at the evidence and aquit.
                              The issue is that if the lean is only slightly towards acquittal of the accused then if they think youre a good person they'll give that lean more weight.
                              It's not a question of proven innocence or guilt in these cases where there is little or no evidence but who is the most believable.

I'm sure if someone accused of a violent crime and then came across as aggressive during court proceedings then the jury would find they were more likely to have committed the violence alleged.
                              It's not an exact science.

YoH

Comment

Working...
                              X