Partner falsely accused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner falsely accused...

My partner was falsely accused of raping Stepdaughter and arrested in December 2015, he was sentenced to 17 years on the 26th of January 2017.

We are currently battling to appeal. She said it happened when she was 7,8,9 & 10. It was an agreed fact ages 8-9 weren't possible as he lived with his dad yet he was still convicted for these counts.

The accuser stated she never felt pain or bled, and she was never threatened to keep quiet. We also have a medical examination stating her Hymen is intact with no signs of damage or repair.

She even said she would 'forget' if the case went to court! Her own mother said she'd "got over it quick" to which the accuser replied "oh yeah I forgot then". She showed no upset or distress and was still expecting her Christmas presents!

Her mother had an impact statement read out in court saying her child was 'traumatised and afraid to leave the house' yet in December 2016 the accuser was seen peering through the window at my partner whilst at his mothers house, this wasn't used in court as he was breeching his bail?!

The police officer told the accuser "the more times you remember the longer he'll get".

The accusers family are living life freely and happily, sending death threats that police aren't acting on. I feel so let down by the justice system, police and courts. He was treated guilty from day one. I think the judge was making an example of him as we live in South Yorkshire, he was terribly negative and I believe he lead the jury to their verdict.

The whole trial was laughable the evidence we had wasn't used, Facebook messages and texts disapproving what she had said were ignored and deemed 'irrelevant', our barrister was useless to say the least.

Ive written to every MP I can think of trying to get justice for my partner. I cannot believe how our laws work, I cannot believe a lie can damage someone's life as much as this.

I gave birth to our first child together on the 6th of January, now he will never see her as he isn't allowed pictures or visits. He also has a 12 year old son that is scared to go to school because it was put on social media, and our address put in the newspaper, making our home unsafe for me and the children.

Its all so frustrating! My partner is a decent man he's never done anything wrong yet he's lost everything, whilst a liar remains a liar, nothing lost, nothing gained. I don't know what I'm expecting from this post, I'm just in shock, sorry it's so long there is so much more I could say, I feel like pulling my hair out! Myself and my family are crushed.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 14 February 2017, 05:57 PM. Reason: splitting text into paragraphs

Hello and welcome to the forum,

[I've split your post into paragraphs as Rights Fighter who is our acknowledged expert on appeals would have difficulty in reading it otherwise]

I share your frustration at the verdict; there have been so many cases where the medical evidence indicates that the accuser is 'intact' yet the jury still convicts; beyond belief!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hello,
      Sorry to see you find yourself here under such bad circumstances, its so sad that you are going through this whilst having a new baby in the house I too went through it whilst my partner was having a son.

Sounds really weak the case from first reading was there any witnesses for her? Was it just the one accuser?

I am told you can appeal based on the judges summing up so it would be worth going over that. Also did the barrister say there is a good enough reason appeal?

Comment

The police officer told the accuser "the more times you remember the longer he'll get".
        How do you know that this was said?

Also I note that the medical examination showed her to be a virgin with no injuries. The jury heard that evidence - yes?
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
          How do you know that this was said?

Also I note that the medical examination showed her to be a virgin with no injuries. The jury heard that evidence - yes?
          The accuser said it in her statement, the medical was read out briefly to disprove the accusers mother, as she told the medical examiner that her daughter had been messaging a boy at school asking for sex, which she later denied when on the stand. Luckily the medical examiner had made a note in her report.

I'm sure we'll be speaking in the future as you've just taken on this case.
          Last edited by TCx; 17 February 2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Did the jury hear that she was a virgin at the medical examination after she claimed she had been raped? If so, without being explicit, how did she describe the alleged rape?

ie She screamed as it hurt so much and she bled or

it only went in "a bit"

Comment

Did the jury hear that she was a virgin at the medical examination after she claimed she had been raped? If so, without being explicit, how did she describe the alleged rape?

ie She screamed as it hurt so much and she bled or

it only went in "a bit"

She said it never hurt & she never bled. She just said he put his privates in hers.

Comment

Which would be why the medical evidence was not forcefully put. Penetration only needs to be every so slight, even if only 1 centimetre for it to be classed as rape.

Comment

Which would be why the medical evidence was not forcefully put. Penetration only needs to be every so slight, even if only 1 centimetre for it to be classed as rape.
                  On one allegation she said he really dug it in.
                  And on another she said she "woke up and he was already doing it".
                  Last edited by TCx; 18 February 2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X