Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 days to go

Hi everyone,

It's 10 days to my trial. I've got a meeting with my defence team next week and the trial is the week after.

All my character witnesses have been served to the court and now all I can do is wait. It's been 21 months since my arrest, and the recent good news for farmer42 has given me hope.

My solicitor told me, "No jury is going to jail you for this." I just hope the jury agrees with the sentiment.

Best wishes.

Originally posted by Im scared View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's 10 days to my trial. I've got a meeting with my defence team next week and the trial is the week after.

All my character witnesses have been served to the court and now all I can do is wait. It's been 21 months since my arrest, and the recent good news for farmer42 has given me hope.

My solicitor told me, "No jury is going to jail you for this." I just hope the jury agrees with the sentiment.

Best wishes.
    Don't forget the jury has to be beyond reasonable doubt, so they have to be absolutely certain you committed the offence. I read your first post and it seems you have a good argument, so I would believe your solicitor and continue to take advice ie about how you present yourself in court.

Comment

Had to quickly reply to this before leaving the office, Don’t go in to over confident as that can show go in thinking this is 50/50 and I promise you will be fine I thought after the judges summing up that was it for me but it wasn’t it took 22 minutes you would be surprised how like us the jury are they even wear casual clothes so do not intimidate at all show them the truth and win win win.

I promise this weekend I will add the tips I found when on trial for you.

Comment

Thanks farmer. Hope life gets back to normal for you soon.

Comment

Also I had no character witnesses so you are already one step aahead hang in there mate

Comment

Positive

Hi just wanted to say I am sending you positive thoughts as you go through this horrible journey. You are not alone in any sense of the word.

Comment

Hi I'm Scared,

I'm sorry I know nothing about your case but I do know what it's like to be in court for something you didn't do.

There have been a lot of good results in the various groups lately including my own, terrifieddads and farmer 42s and two more NGs today and I believe it's down to good advice, both from others that been through it and a well prepared legal team.

The other important factor that is often overlooked, is that the FA has had an easy time telling lies to the police but they will not get an easy ride with your barrister. I did ok on the witness stand, it's not too intimidating, like chatting to 12 stony faced strangers. The advantage you have is that you are telling the truth. There is every reason to be hopeful and positive.

I would listen carefully to your solicitor regarding advice (take a notebook) and seek out other threads for how to conduct yourself in court but on a cautious note, I'm afraid that there are sometimes miscarriages of justice and perverse jury decisions and if you are facing a custodial sentence you must be prepared for that outcome and take a "nasty" bag into the dock with you just in case.

i wish you the best of British luck.
              For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
              https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

My trial is upcoming in the summer so will be following yours intently.

Good luck with it, and remain positive. I'm sure the truth will come out.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I'll try to keep things posted as events unfold. Is it normal to be afraid even though I'm innocent?

Comment

I'll try to keep things posted as events unfold. Is it normal to be afraid even though I'm innocent?
                    Perfectly normal yes. Everyone is afraid of the unknown but after the first day (often the worst) it should get a little easier.

There were 2 more NG's just yesterday in the groups.
                    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Thanks. I hope i can add to those NGs. I just hope i don't screw things up on the witness stand.

Comment

Originally posted by farmer42 View Post
                        Had to quickly reply to this before leaving the office, Don’t go in to over confident as that can show go in thinking this is 50/50 and I promise you will be fine I thought after the judges summing up that was it for me but it wasn’t it took 22 minutes you would be surprised how like us the jury are they even wear casual clothes so do not intimidate at all show them the truth and win win win.

I promise this weekend I will add the tips I found when on trial for you.
                        Just wanted to say Farmer42 that your support on here is amazing. So many people just leave the forums once they get the NG verdicts. Thank you so much for staying!
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

As has been said already - do take the "nasty bag". It's only the same as taking an umbrella when there is a chance of rain. With it, if the worst happens, you have your first little victory. Without it, if the worst happens you will get "soaked"! If you get the right result, the worst that has happened is you have lugged a bag around for nothing.

Stay calm and you will get through. Listen carefully to everything in court and anything your legal team say to you.

Which region is your trial in? Don't name the court on here, but if someone is in the area, they may be able to give you some moral support and gain some experience of a real trial, if they are awaiting their own trial.
                          "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I think that it wouldn't be normal to NOT be afraid, when you're innocent. (Excuse the double negative, please. :-))

Having this happen when you are innocent is so outside the bounds of normal expectations, that it's a terrifying experience. When you're guilty, there is always the possibility of being caught, tried and convicted. When you're innocent, the possibility of being wrongly convicted is almost beyond imagination.

No wonder you're scared, but follow the good advice, trust in the fact that you have prepared well and draw strength from your legal team. That gives you the best possible chance of getting the correct result.

Oh, and know that you have a bug group of people here rooting for you.
                            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

My sons trial is coming up and I'm feeling so very frightened not sure how we are all going to cope.
                              Wishing you loads of luck will have everything crossed for you....will be following your updates. Just remember you are innocent!!x

Comment

Working...
                              X