ReBail is exactly 30 working days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReBail is exactly 30 working days

Hi I have been wondering as I have been rebailed recently for exactly 30 working days (6weeks).

I was on Google and got hopeful for a moment as the only thing I could find a reason for something taking precisely 30 working days was due to a victim right to review.

I am not sure it's the case but wanted to ask can they to the VRR whilst I'm on bail and inform the complainant the investigation was going to be dropped and keep me on bail for the 30 working day period or do they have to initially inform me before the complainant that the investigation is possibly coming to a close.

Basically who do they inform first of a decision whatever it is and do they let her know first so she can ask for a review and they keep me on bail or am I being too optimistic and it's just a coincidence.

Any answer would be appreciated as I'm turning my mind inside out hoping justice is finally prevailing but I want someone who can help tell me if the 30 working day thing is just a coincidence and not possible

Thanks in advance guys.

A seriously lost soul

10 months on bail and this is the shortest bail of the lot

My experience was that the complainant was always informed first about the progress of the case.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Same as CH - complainant is always informed first I believe - seemed to be in my case. 30 days was the bail amount I had when I was told it had gone to the CPS, (and was triaged). Remember this can go either way though. Do you know your case is with the CPS? Also, it may be because the law is changing very soon regarding re-bails - I think it was due in April, so the bail times might be reflective of this.

Comment

Originally posted by sqounk View Post
        Same as CH - complainant is always informed first I believe - seemed to be in my case. 30 days was the bail amount I had when I was told it had gone to the CPS, (and was triaged). Remember this can go either way though. Do you know your case is with the CPS? Also, it may be because the law is changing very soon regarding re-bails - I think it was due in April, so the bail times might be reflective of this.
        Thanks for the replies guys.

I was told the first time (this is 3rd bail) it was with the cps then I was rebailed twice since both times being there is a lot of evidence still to review even what I have sent but no mention of it going to the cps this time it's just when I checked it was exactly 30 working days so I was being optimistic.

So fingers crossed

My bail is march
        Last edited by Ireallydidntdoit; 10 February 2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ireallydidntdoit View Post
          Thanks for the replies guys.

I was told the first time (this is 3rd bail) it was with the cps then I was rebailed twice since both times being there is a lot of evidence still to review even what I have sent but no mention of it going to the cps this time it's just when I checked it was exactly 30 working days so I was being optimistic.

So fingers crossed

My bail is march
          It's not unknown for the cps to send it back to the police to work on the file further. I know it is the hardest thing in the world, but try not to second guess it. Second guessing it got me nowhere - there's nothing you can do about it, so there's no point trying to think about what's happening. Far easier said than done I know. Try to relax as much as you can and take your mind off it - they will let you know what's happening when they are good and ready.

Comment

Originally posted by sqounk View Post
            It's not unknown for the cps to send it back to the police to work on the file further. I know it is the hardest thing in the world, but try not to second guess it. Second guessing it got me nowhere - there's nothing you can do about it, so there's no point trying to think about what's happening. Far easier said than done I know. Try to relax as much as you can and take your mind off it - they will let you know what's happening when they are good and ready.
            Thanks for the reply

When you had 30 working days and it was 'triaged' what was the outcome for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ireallydidntdoit View Post
              Thanks for the reply

When you had 30 working days and it was 'triaged' what was the outcome for you?
              It was an NFA. I do implore to please not get your hopes up - if they have a lot of evidence it could mean they need a few more weeks etc. Triaged doesn't necessarily mean prioritised. It means sorted in order of priority so it could actually mean anything. As always hope for the best, be prepared for the worst. Have you phoned your solicitor to find out from them what is going on? Be careful about this and don't be too bullish. If there hasn't been any contact to tell you what is going on for a while it is reasonable for a phone call to find out.

Comment

Working...
              X