Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Accused - Documentary - Channel 5

Hello.

Just wondered if anyone watched the documentary on channel 5 which was aired last night, aiming to give the public an insight into the criminal justice process in the lead up to a trial. I'm aware the subject of the documentary was not accused of crimes sexual in nature but i wondered what people's opinions were of the potrail?

I've still the court process to come.

I recorded it and have yet to watch it properly, although I did catch some snippets. I see solicitor Bill Bache is still going strong, defending the lady, and there was his righ hand woman typing away in the background
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I don't think it showed how slowly information is to reach the defence.
      Although I've not been there, I believe there's a lot more going on by the defence teams in terms of demanding disclosure.
      In this case there was quite strong evidence against them, but the way the word "trouble" in the 111 call suddenly became "I'm in trouble" was rather sneaky!!
      Obviously watching it there were discrepancies which couldn't be explained.
      E.g.: The phone search of "baby not wake up" was 8 minutes before they actually said that she stopped breathing.
      The text messages showing he had been violent
      And his Facebook confession.

I didn't feel that there was any twisting of the evidence, or any mistaken evidence and I think, had I been on a jury, I would've concluded also that she did know what happened that day.
      It wasn't clear if the jury were made aware of the continuation of the relationship whilst he was in prison, awaiting trial?
      Maybe I missed that?

Interesting if accurately portrayed.
      YoH

Comment

Working...
      X