No announcement yet.

Falsely accused and i cant bare it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the best today! Please let us know how it goes and hopefully it's the nfa decision! Have you not heard anything from your solicitor/duty one?

Comment

It's a nightmare that far too many people are living through, false allegations are evil and destroy many lives.
      Good luck for today,thinking of you,hope you get nfa today

Comment

Fingers crossed for you. Let us know how it goes
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Any update?? Hope it went well

Comment

Bail outcome

Originally posted by Bob1234 View Post
            Any update?? Hope it went well
            Not the result I was hoping for, a strange result aswell.
            I was told a new law/legislation has been brought in by Teresa may stating people should not be kept on police bail on long continuous times and has slashed the bail times to 28 days at a time. It came in place on 3rd April and I fall into that, I have had my "Bail cancelled" but not NFA'd. Meaning I'm not on any sort of bail but I'm under investigation as a suspect and will be contacted on further notice. It's very new to me and confusing.

It's actually worse because now I have no idea when of a timeframe of this, the sergeant did say if this law didn't happen he would of rebailed me anyway for around 3-4 months, my solicitor attended and she's very good and very experienced with these type of allegations and has a good mutual respect with the police.

When the solicitor asked what stage of the investigation the police are at the sergeant stated "We have gathered our case and evidence and it has been put to the ROSO unit for examination and for a decision"

Don't think I'm being re-interviewed which I hope means they are happy with my side of the story.

Comment

This is interesting. What do the more experienced members make of this? In another thread we were discussing this new act the other day, and it has applied to you as the arrest was before April 2017. I guess I will find out what happens to me in 2 weeks time as that is when my bail is due.

Comment

This is exactly what I thought and feared would happen.

Suspects not on bail arent subject to any of the restrictions that the new law imposes andvthe police can continue to investigate without time pressures. Of course the poor person being investigated has nothingvto measure progress by and there is no requirement t keep them informed.

The Henriques recommendations are in sore need of implementation as a bad situation shows every sign of getting worse. Sorry to sound so pessimistic. :-(
                'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob1234 View Post
                  This is interesting. What do the more experienced members make of this? In another thread we were discussing this new act the other day, and it has applied to you as the arrest was before April 2017. I guess I will find out what happens to me in 2 weeks time as that is when my bail is due.
                  The sergeant also told me they are REALLY looking into my case, which brings me ease and comfort as they will see it for what it really is.

I hope the best for you whatever the outcome just know your not alone and I hope you have peace of mind.

Comment

Some police forces have been cancelling pre charge bail for the last few months in anticipation of the new 28 day limit although they don't have to if the arrest was before 3rd April.

Some bail conditions can be unnecessarily restrictive (although conditions could always be appealed) and some employers will insist that you declare that you are on bail, so in the sense that the conditions can be a pain, this is a positive step for the innocent.

The removal of a "target date" is perhaps a bit of a psychological downer but more realistic and reflective of the experiences in the groups. From arrest to NFA/charge can be weeks, months or a couple of years and that won't change.

Personally, my only conditions were the standard, not to contact the FA and that suited me fine.

What concerns me is that some may think that because their bail has been cancelled there are no longer any repercussions for contacting the false accuser without realising that they risk being re arrested and charged with witness intimidation or harassment.

In fact, it has been known in the past for a FA to claim they have been harassed and the poor victim held on remand until he could prove that he was nowhere near her.

Always be careful when dealing with a liar!
                    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

any update chap?

Comment

Not sure if anyones still here, its been a while!
                        i was accused when i just turnt 20, im now almost 25 and im still on bail. My life has been hell for years
                        Ive been on bail for rape for 4 and a half years. About 1 year ago i got a letter saying my property and clothing can be returned to me, i took it as a good sign.
                        ive been arrested since for gbh and fighting and ive even been to prison for a year all while this is hanging over my head, Feels like its gone on for ever
                        The false allegation ruined my life though ive attempted suicide and turnt to alcohol to cope. My friends know its all rubbish but that never stops the rumours.

Comment

This forum is much quieter these days, though it still gets several 'views' each day, however I'm still around as is Peter1975!

Not sure that you will appreciate this trophy but AFAIK you are now top of the leader board for length of time spent on bail/under investigation, the previous record was just shy of 4 years as I recollect.

I don't suppose you would welcome the publicity but I could see the Daily Mail running with this one; imagine the headline "One Fifth Of Life Spent Under Investigation", but I'm sure that when Peter sees this thread he will make a more sensible suggestion!

Sorry to hear about your other issues with the justice system, but quite understandable in your circumstances, though it is a supreme irony that this matter proceeded quickly and has now been disposed of (more grist for the Daily Mail milll?)
                          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Youngscared View Post
                            Not sure if anyones still here, its been a while!
                            i was accused when i just turnt 20, im now almost 25 and im still on bail. My life has been hell for years
                            Ive been on bail for rape for 4 and a half years. About 1 year ago i got a letter saying my property and clothing can be returned to me, i took it as a good sign.
                            ive been arrested since for gbh and fighting and ive even been to prison for a year all while this is hanging over my head, Feels like its gone on for ever
                            The false allegation ruined my life though ive attempted suicide and turnt to alcohol to cope. My friends know its all rubbish but that never stops the rumours.
                            Hi YS. So sorry this seems to have been going on forever. Have you asked your solicitor to make enquiries? Whereabouts in the UK were you interviewed?

Going to the media isn't really a good idea, unless there is 101% evidence that proves the allegation is false and the complainant can be named. At the moment of course, she can't be named anywhere.

Comment

CH: I am rather startled to see that any / ALL of these posts can now be shared on Twitter and FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter
                                CH: I am rather startled to see that any / ALL of these posts can now be shared on Twitter and FB.
                                That's surprising (and alarming!) However as the forum is open I suppose there is nothing to stop anyone linking to any particular thread on here in the same as we can link to a media item or another site.

Webmoo has included a requirement to get the OP's permission before copying their material elsewhere but unless the poster can be identified as a member on here it is going to be impossible to enforce. However he does then seem to imply it is ok to link to a thread?

Help - The People's Concerns: Support & Discussion Forums (daftmoo.org.uk)

Thank you for your sensible correction of my suggestion of going to the media with Youngscared's predicament!
                                Last edited by Casehardened; 1 July 2021, 07:01 PM.
                                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                                X