Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Falsely accused

Sorry I saw this a bit late, but I would have advised that you phone the OIC the night before and check that you are still required to attend.

Good luck to day anyway. Let us know how you get on

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1234 View Post
    My bail return date is tomorrow. Do I need to make arrangements to be represented at the station or will it be a formality?

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. What usually happens, and what could I potentially expect?

Many thanks
    Bob
    Good look buddy! The truth is on your side that's the most powerfull thing in this case, the truth!

My bail return date is tomorrow. Do I need to make arrangements to be represented at the station or will it be a formality?

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. What usually happens, and what could I potentially expect?

Many thanks
    Bob
    How did you get on ?

Hi

I was rebailed... and the new legislation "doesn't cover serious cases like this and never will" and "it was after my arrest" so I've had a different point of view to you young and scared.

Being the first time around it brought back bad memories from the initial arrest. I got back to some sort of normality then bang! A stark reminder of what a sorry state of affairs I am in. A couple more months wait until the next bail date, but unfortunately I see a long darker road.

Bob

Glad to hear that you got through this rebail experience. It's horrible, I know. My man has been rebailed several times and only once has had to attend. It was awful to see that fear and anxiousness resurface. He was convinced that they were going to lock him up. Bail date approaching is frightening too, but it does get less so, over time.

I hope the officers were polite and respectful. They should be and they don't always know how the law works, though they should do.

Hang in there. This WILL end.

Edited to add a PS - please try not to dwell on the darker possibilities. Doing so damages your mental health and you need to be mentally strong to deal with whatever this throws at you. If you find your thoughts dwelling on the darker possibilities or going to dark places, please seek help sooner rather than later. Your GP should have suggestions from anti-depressants to talking therapies and lots in between. I believe that accusations such as these can cause a brain trauma as real as any other. Some recover spontaneously, others need help and all take time. Allow yourself that luxury and be kind to yourself while it's happening. You ARE innocent, you are NOT at fault and you NEED to give yourself the care necessary to recover from what's been done to you.
    Last edited by Franticwithworry; 24th April 2017 at 02:15 PM.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Hi

I was rebailed... and the new legislation "doesn't cover serious cases like this and never will" and "it was after my arrest" so I've had a different point of view to you young and scared.

Being the first time around it brought back bad memories from the initial arrest. I got back to some sort of normality then bang! A stark reminder of what a sorry state of affairs I am in. A couple more months wait until the next bail date, but unfortunately I see a long darker road.

Bob
    Good to know that the police on your case are clairvoyant as well as being factually incorrect.

"Doesn't cover serious cases like this and never will" - They obviously know what future legislation will bring, as well as being blissfully unaware that it covers ALL bail not cases of one seriousness or another, all the change means (in theory) is that some badly needed judicial oversight is added to stop the Police from abusing their bail powers as they had previously.

I think what your chap meant to say was "F*** you, you were arrested before 3rd April Hahahahahahahahahahaha!"

The moral of the story is - don't put too much store in what the police say. Every time they open their mouths the chances are they will just demonstrate what little they know

Quote Originally Posted by Franticwithworry View Post
    Edited to add a PS - please try not to dwell on the darker possibilities. Doing so damages your mental health and you need to be mentally strong to deal with whatever this throws at you. If you find your thoughts dwelling on the darker possibilities or going to dark places, please seek help sooner rather than later. Your GP should have suggestions from anti-depressants to talking therapies and lots in between. I believe that accusations such as these can cause a brain trauma as real as any other. Some recover spontaneously, others need help and all take time. Allow yourself that luxury and be kind to yourself while it's happening. You ARE innocent, you are NOT at fault and you NEED to give yourself the care necessary to recover from what's been done to you.
    I fully agree with Frantic, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. There really is no knowing how long this could take, you could be NFA'd tomorrow or it could take some time yet. Be good to yourself in the meantime.