No announcement yet.

Falsely accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I saw this a bit late, but I would have advised that you phone the OIC the night before and check that you are still required to attend.

Good luck to day anyway. Let us know how you get on
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob1234 View Post
      My bail return date is tomorrow. Do I need to make arrangements to be represented at the station or will it be a formality?

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. What usually happens, and what could I potentially expect?

Many thanks
      Bob
      Good look buddy! The truth is on your side that's the most powerfull thing in this case, the truth!

Comment

My bail return date is tomorrow. Do I need to make arrangements to be represented at the station or will it be a formality?

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. What usually happens, and what could I potentially expect?

Many thanks
        Bob
        How did you get on ?

Comment

Hi

I was rebailed... and the new legislation "doesn't cover serious cases like this and never will" and "it was after my arrest" so I've had a different point of view to you young and scared.

Being the first time around it brought back bad memories from the initial arrest. I got back to some sort of normality then bang! A stark reminder of what a sorry state of affairs I am in. A couple more months wait until the next bail date, but unfortunately I see a long darker road.

Bob

Comment

Glad to hear that you got through this rebail experience. It's horrible, I know. My man has been rebailed several times and only once has had to attend. It was awful to see that fear and anxiousness resurface. He was convinced that they were going to lock him up. Bail date approaching is frightening too, but it does get less so, over time.

I hope the officers were polite and respectful. They should be and they don't always know how the law works, though they should do.

Hang in there. This WILL end.

Edited to add a PS - please try not to dwell on the darker possibilities. Doing so damages your mental health and you need to be mentally strong to deal with whatever this throws at you. If you find your thoughts dwelling on the darker possibilities or going to dark places, please seek help sooner rather than later. Your GP should have suggestions from anti-depressants to talking therapies and lots in between. I believe that accusations such as these can cause a brain trauma as real as any other. Some recover spontaneously, others need help and all take time. Allow yourself that luxury and be kind to yourself while it's happening. You ARE innocent, you are NOT at fault and you NEED to give yourself the care necessary to recover from what's been done to you.
            Last edited by Franticwithworry; 24 April 2017, 02:15 PM.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hi

I was rebailed... and the new legislation "doesn't cover serious cases like this and never will" and "it was after my arrest" so I've had a different point of view to you young and scared.

Being the first time around it brought back bad memories from the initial arrest. I got back to some sort of normality then bang! A stark reminder of what a sorry state of affairs I am in. A couple more months wait until the next bail date, but unfortunately I see a long darker road.

Bob
              Good to know that the police on your case are clairvoyant as well as being factually incorrect.

"Doesn't cover serious cases like this and never will" - They obviously know what future legislation will bring, as well as being blissfully unaware that it covers ALL bail not cases of one seriousness or another, all the change means (in theory) is that some badly needed judicial oversight is added to stop the Police from abusing their bail powers as they had previously.

I think what your chap meant to say was "F*** you, you were arrested before 3rd April Hahahahahahahahahahaha!"

The moral of the story is - don't put too much store in what the police say. Every time they open their mouths the chances are they will just demonstrate what little they know

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                Edited to add a PS - please try not to dwell on the darker possibilities. Doing so damages your mental health and you need to be mentally strong to deal with whatever this throws at you. If you find your thoughts dwelling on the darker possibilities or going to dark places, please seek help sooner rather than later. Your GP should have suggestions from anti-depressants to talking therapies and lots in between. I believe that accusations such as these can cause a brain trauma as real as any other. Some recover spontaneously, others need help and all take time. Allow yourself that luxury and be kind to yourself while it's happening. You ARE innocent, you are NOT at fault and you NEED to give yourself the care necessary to recover from what's been done to you.
                I fully agree with Frantic, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. There really is no knowing how long this could take, you could be NFA'd tomorrow or it could take some time yet. Be good to yourself in the meantime.
                For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

please help!!

Hello everyone,

i need some help please. I have been charged and it looks like this matter is not leaving me.

as i write this email i am shaking and about to break down. I am only 27 and cannot believe this is happening to me. I am innocent.

i have been charged and with a date for the magistrates.
                  can someone please exlapin the next processes (there may be some in other threads but my mind is all over the place)

i plead not guilty or guilty, then what?
                  when does the evidence come about
                  how do i build my defence
                  what happens to my name, my family,
                  can i choose my own firm as i am using the ones given currently ( i did indicate at the station i may wish to change)
                  please help this is such a nightmare.

how do i maintain a normal life?

which sol to use? i have spoken with C.Saltreese and I'm not sure i can afford that. what is the next best? i am based in the west midlands....

mary monson? James turner from Tuckers? Glaciers? how do i choose the best and know they will fight for me?

thank you in advanced... it feels my life is over

for some reason the officer investigating took me in a room with the sol and explain why it had been charged.. basically my word against hers, and someone from the CPS decided it was right to charge. I've been on bail for 6 months. are these two points normal??

Bob
                  Last edited by Bob1234; 21 July 2017, 02:55 PM. Reason: more information

Comment

I cannot recommend Monson or Tuckers.

Whereabouts will the trial be held?
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this Bob. Please try not to panic. Some who have been through this say that after the shock of being charged has settled, they manage to settle into the mindset of really being able to fight their corner, and to be honest, going to trial is the only way to put this thing away, because an NFA can be resurrected whereas a NG verdict cannot.

It does sound as though the OIC was sympathetic, even though it wasn't them that made the decision and decisions from the CPS are a mystery to many of us. I'm sure RF will have something to say regarding a solicitor when she knows where your trial will be - or at least the rough area. You don't have to stay with the solicitor you have used up to now. When your mind has settled a bit, you'll be able to read the forum again more clearly but just know for now that the magistrates hearing is no-where near as scary as most people fear and it's when you get the beginnings of disclosure and know what you are really up against. It's at that hearing to that they tell you what will happen next in terms of dates for future hearings at the Crown Court. Trust that a jury has much more common sense when it comes to working out who is telling the truth than it seems the CPS do.

Your life is not over, even though it might feel like it at the moment, and building your defence starts when you see the complainants statement. Many also say that they find that quite reassuring when they see how they can pick holes in it.

Also, 6 months to charge is quite quick in the grand scheme of things and some people have to wait much longer for a decision. This isn't the end of things as much as it's the beginning of ending things if you get my meaning. Up to now no-one has challenged the complainant's version of events. You now have a chance to pull it apart.

For the moment, just concentrate on finding yourself a good solicitor experienced in these matters. I'm sure as soon as you speak to someone who is going to represent you there is every chance that you will feel calmer and more confident.

Hang in there. You will get through this and we are all here to help you on the journey.
                      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

RF - The trial i am assuming Birmingham as that is where the magistrates is.

ftw - what steps can i take to ensure the best representation? factors to take it. i shall have to choose quickly I'm presuming as the magistrates is end of August? i shall have to confirm with them i want them to represent me?

Comment

how quickly will i have to appoint someone?? what happens with the evidence... when is it presented? is it all presented or are games played like on tv when you see how lawyers work...

Comment

Keith Astbury would be my solicitor of choice in Birmingham

http://www.glaisyers.co.uk/criminal-...h-astbury.aspx

Contact him asap and explain that you don't want to remain with the duty sol. Hope it's not too late to do that.

He can answer your questions.
                            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

how do i pick the right one if that is still possible? do i ask them questions etc or just go off recommendations on here?

as its a Friday and the weekend coming up will this slow down a choice?

Comment

It's nothing like the TV. Forget any crime show you ever watched.

You should get disclosure at the Magistrates hearing, but have an idea of what you expect to see so that if there's anything not there that you want you can ask your solicitor to chase it up for you. Don't forget it's up to YOU to build the case. The solicitor doesn't do any investigating and you have to provide him with the information that you want him to use. He will guide you as to what will help and what will not, but you have to tell him your story and provide the evidence, where possible, to back it up. He will help you with getting technical stuff like CCTV or expert witnesses if they apply in your case.

You need to instruct a solicitor soon, but not right this minute. Finding one over the next week or so will be fine, depending on the date of the Magistrates Hearing. Nothing much happens then, it's generally over in about 10 minutes or so, but you do need to have a solicitor to attend with you so you will need to have met with him a few days before. When you feel a bit calmer, take a look at the sticky thread on here which has recommendations and RF may come back with something yet. Main things are do they have experience of false allegations - not just sexual crime - and how much experience do they have. Someone fresh out of training isn't a good idea, you need someone with a few years under their belt. Also, what does your gut feeling tell you? Are they calming to talk to? Do they tell you things as they are without promising you the earth or frightening you rigid.

Needing Legal Aid isn't necessarily a bad thing, there are some brilliant lawyers who do legal aid, but again, go with recommendations on here if you can. If there are 2 or 3 in your area, talk to them all, and make your choice on how you feel about them as well as their credentials.

Above all, don't try to cross all your bridges at once. There is time for all this.

Comment

Working...
                                X