Falsely accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    I think he is still tied to them - the web domain now belongs to a good friend of RG
    Always a good idea to ask in the groups about any solicitor you are thinking of using, sadly there are some sharks that prey on the vulnerable. RG and the agent being the most notorious examples.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

don't worry about the other thread thing. were in the same boat... need all the help we can get!

Comment

Just read your story Bob1234 and I am so sorry that you did not receive an NFA, but as someone else said at least you can now anticipate an ending to your hell. You seem to be an intelligent guy and so I am sure you are giving yourself the VERY best chance of success by researching everything intelligently and thoroughly. I have noticed you replying to others in trauma on this site always trying to help and encourage them ( me for one) and I know it doesn't always follow, but for me someone who cares about others like you do could NEVER rape anyone , but I am sure that you know many people who know you well that could say what kind of person you are , if indeed character references are any good in these rape cases ( no idea if they are any use to your defence or not)

You and I and youngscared are all in the same boat as our cases are similar.
        Regarding being charged, a solicitor said to me that often the OIC and the CPS cannot decide to go to trial or not, and to be safe think' let a jury decide' so this takes the onus and risk off of them.

I can only wish you the very best of good luck as you go forward

Comment

Magistrates

Hi All,

Thought i would update you all on my situation (if thats ok )

Basically I had the magistrates this morning. I had read this was a formality however didn't know what to expect because i have never had to go to court.

Me and my good friend made the trip over ( i didn't sleep much the night before) and we left early - good thing too as there was plenty of traffic on the roads. We parked up and as we were early got a coffee nearby. We got to the courtroom and soon after my solicitor came over. After a quick chat regarding the process she stated she "couldn't believe i had been charged" as she had read the initial case from the cps. I had received it too and was a bit nervous (if thats the right word) to read over what was said, however the bits i did read i was shocked at because of the lies.

Anyway i went in and a date was given for the crown. As we came out and had a chat to the sol again my friend said "who was sitting opposite you?" i didn't notice this person but it was a cps prosecutor? The sol said before i went in they had a quick chat and even the CPS person thought this case was odd to bring to court. what do more experienced members make of these statements?

Anyway that ordeal is done and now its time to read the full statement and i guess more will be making their way to my sol? Could an experienced member tell me what happens in between now and the crown date. Do i need to do anything myself such as dissect information?

Many thanks as always
          Bob

Comment

My son went through a court case for rape. No witnesses were brought for the prosecution and both of those witnesses said they didn't believe the complainant in their statements. A few weeks before trial complainant admitted to making false allegations against another person " because she was angry with them ".

According to our solicitor all the professionals, prosecuting and defence thought we were " unlucky" to end up in court.

It really does make a mockery of this whole notion that your case is under constant review. In our case my poor son was terrified hearing from the cells below the dock that they were ready for him just prior to him getting a unanimous not guilty verdict on three charges in just under an hour. We all knew he wasn't guilty and it is really criminal that the system causes such trauma to the innocent.

There should be some sort of way that cases like my sons are automatically reviewed and some sort of public apology by the CPS and police is issued and therapy for the victim, i.e. my son , is provided

Comment

Y

Yes Bob, if you have the complainants statements go through everything with a fine tooth comb.

Comment

Updates are great - thank you. I'm glad that the magistrates hearing went without a hitch and that you now have some disclosure statement(s) to work with. Go through everything with a fine tooth comb and make notes about everything you disagree with. Then you can arrange to discuss the discrepancies with your solicitor and build your defence.

I'm not surprised that there is puzzlement over why you have been charged. Charging decisions seem to be something of a lottery and I keep hearing of people making complaints that get ignored and go nowhere and people like you where a charge is brought and solicitor and prosecution reaction is 'huh?!'

It's nonsensical, but the CPS have to be seen to be 'tough' I suppose. They seem to be tough in the wrong places so often.

Well done for getting through this so far. I'm glad you took a friend with you for moral support. Please keep posting with updates or for support if you need it.
                'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

How are things going with you Bob? I have been thinking about you. I hope all is well with you. Any date yet?

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by imsam View Post
                    How are things going with you Bob? I have been thinking about you. I hope all is well with you. Any date yet?

Sam
                    Hi thanks for the support. Just trying to resume with my life!

no date yet. I have my next crown court date where i shall get the trail date. Can anyone explain what happens at this crown court date?

Comment

• You'd be in for about half an hour max I think. It's just to fix a date. You don't plead if you have already done that. No jury and no evidence giving of course....
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

• I pled NG at both the mags and the PTPH at crown, once for all charges at mags and once for each charge at crown. Other than that, you will just confirm your name and address and speak when you are spoken to, addressing the judge as "your honour" if you have to. The dock officer will tell you when to stand and when to sit. They will also confiscate your phone while you are in the dock, make sure you remember to retrieve it when you leave!

As well as a date for the trial, dates will be set for stages 1- 4 of the disclosure process although these are not set in stone. Your defence case statement will be due 28 days after prosecution disclosure.

This will be an opportunity to speak to your barrister so make sure you take your notes and questions with you and take a notebook to jot down anything you are likely to forget.

it is also an opportunity to scout out the court, where the toilets are and where you might escape during the lunch hour during the trial. It is good to get away from the court building during a trial but you will have to be back within a minimum of an hour.
                        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

• Morning RF,

do you know anything about these barristers and any thoughts?

Tania Griffiths
                          Esther Schützer Weissman
                          Sarah Elliot

Thanks
                          Bob

Comment

• Tania Griffiths and Sarah Elliott are QCs so you would have to pay privately for them. Both excellent. I've never heard of Esther Schützer Weissman
                            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

• Hi All, I may not have signed on and communicated for a while but I've been lurking.

the waiting around post charge and before the trial is a bit sh*t isn't it! i just want to move on but hey thats the law

can anyone who has been in my position post charge explain the next bits and steps, and what they did to keep sane? Any tips on do's and don'ts?

Many thanks
                              Bob

Comment

• Try not to think over things too much...you don't have any control over the case so relax as much as possible. Your worry can't change the situation and it only makes you feel worse so try to put it to the back of your mind, I've been there and I know it's hard but you will get through this. Spend as much time as you can with friends and loved ones, organise film days and even hill walks to have them close to you and change your surroundings. Get your frustrations out to them, and don't keep them trapped inside. If you feel it's still too much go to your GP who can help you with anti anxiety tablets or sleeping tablets to make the hard times that bit more bearable. Most important believe in yourself and bring positive energy to your life... Small things like saying good morning to someone you don't know or smile at someone and nod to them. Don't let them destroy the life you are leading right now, stay strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X