Two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions

Selfish one this; let me ask two questions if I may - what do you think might an OIC gain by stating 'it'll probably be an NFA or re-bail' to my solicitor following my police interview? This was prior to speaking to the complainant again a couple of weeks later (I worked out when this was by monitoring social media) - I'm not sure if that was significant in any way. Anyway, it was re-bail of course. Just wondering if anyone had anything similar perhaps used as a strategy to wrong foot a suspect.

Second question (and this is probably relevant to many): How relevant is the gathering of evidence on social media for the purposes of proving someone is of unreliable or dubious character? I ask because I know the CPS look at the solidity of the allegation and not the person - but does the court allow for, well, basically character criticism (I will avoid the word assassination) in a methodical, calm manner - disassembling the argument brick by brick and part of it being to refer to certain character traits the complainant has, as referenced by herself on social media. I have a lot more evidence than this, but it would be a useful part of the argument.

Thanks guys.

I would have thought that gathering information against a witness who is contradictory to the angelic persona they portray would be relevant but should be done correctly and be careful re making indirect contact etc with them as you could land in big trouble.
    This should be work of an Investigator or solicitor. I would think it would be very relevant for character assassination (I'll say it ) as they will do everything to destroy yours (so as to speak) Any doubt in the jury's mind is very important.

Jake
    Last edited by Jakwatts; 26 January 2017, 06:37 PM. Reason: Damn Samsung predicting for me!!

Comment

Hello, first of all, it's not selfish to ask questions, this is what the site is for!!

As I have just stated in another thread, do NOT trust the police...ever!
      They lie, simple as that really!

I can't really offer any advice on the other part sorry..

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Aidy View Post
        Hello, first of all, it's not selfish to ask questions, this is what the site is for!!

As I have just stated in another thread, do NOT trust the police...ever!
        They lie, simple as that really!

I can't really offer any advice on the other part sorry..

Good luck
        The police will try to lead you into a false sense of security but you are correct..the police can never be trusted....don't ever fall for 'we just need to dot the i's & cross the t's

Comment

Originally posted by Jakwatts View Post
          The police will try to lead you into a false sense of security but you are correct..the police can never be trusted....don't ever fall for 'we just need to dot the i's & cross the t's
          Thanks again Jake - but why would the OIC say this following an interview and not before? What possible gain is there from that? I don't see the purpose of lulling me into a false sense of security at that point?

Comment

Originally posted by sqounk View Post
            Thanks again Jake - but why would the OIC say this following an interview and not before? What possible gain is there from that? I don't see the purpose of lulling me into a false sense of security at that point?
            I think this happens because people continue to feel an great need to prove their innocence as soon as possible. If the police officers are friendly that can result in the paths of communication remaining open and the accused revealing all sorts of things to the police about their defence.

With some officers, this is very unwise, as they return to the accuser with the new information so that they can adjust their statement accordingly.

Experience demonstrates that it's better to keep those cards close to ones chest. Anything remembered or unearthed later is best kept for the defence lawyer so that the police and CPS cannot misuse it.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
            X