Nfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfa

(sorry about my English, it is not my mother language)

I got a call from the my solicitor few days ago. The investigation is now close and my second police interview and bail have been cancelled no further action. I got arrested on 2016 Oct and finally 4 months of hell is now over. I thank everyone from this forum and I want you to know that you are not alone.

According to this information (http://www.cps.gov.uk/victims_witnes...ight_to_review), a accuser can seek a review of decisions not to charge, to discontinue or otherwise terminate all proceedings. Is there anyone who got NFA from police but then they decide to review your case later on? Is it really that easy to appeal without any new evidence? My accuser is spreading a story about how she got raped and I am a rapist. She even posted my photos on her SNS. I really want to warn her by taking a legal action but I am not sure if it is the right way to do it. I would be really appreciate if someone can give me an advice on this matter.

Thank you so much everyone

Originally posted by palace View Post
    (sorry about my English, it is not my mother language)

I got a call from the my solicitor few days ago. The investigation is now close and my second police interview and bail have been cancelled no further action. I got arrested on 2016 Oct and finally 4 months of hell is now over. I thank everyone from this forum and I want you to know that you are not alone.

According to this information (http://www.cps.gov.uk/victims_witnes...ight_to_review), a accuser can seek a review of decisions not to charge, to discontinue or otherwise terminate all proceedings. Is there anyone who got NFA from police but then they decide to review your case later on? Is it really that easy to appeal without any new evidence? My accuser is spreading a story about how she got raped and I am a rapist. She even posted my photos on her SNS. I really want to warn her by taking a legal action but I am not sure if it is the right way to do it. I would be really appreciate if someone can give me an advice on this matter.

Thank you so much everyone
    Second one through the gate this year!!!!!

Firstly - give yourself a moment to reflect and just enjoy the moment. You won, dude! She might come back at you via appeal, but you have to remember - the CPS made their decision and I don't think they decide on NFA's lightly. It is highly unlikely that an appeal would be successful. She might be super vindictive and try - but imagine if it was something that was common, appeals being successful all the time - the CPS are drowning in work as it is - this would contribute to even more. I think it very doubtful personally. It's Friday night. You just got NFA'd. Go out. Celebrate. Be happy. Forget her and don't make any contact. Enjoy!

Comment

Fantastical news, always look forwards not backwards.

Comment

Thats GREAT NEWS! Have some banana's

To answer your question, a pafaa member fairly recently got NFA after 14 months I believe, it was actually appealed about halfway through that time after the first NFA. The pafaa member didn't know the decision had been appealed. I think the complainant should always be informed of the decision first and given the right to appeal but I could be wrong, I often am. Anyway.... It's good news, you can breathe now

Last edited by Peter1975; 21 January 2017, 03:37 AM.
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Wonderful news!! Please don't worry about a review, think positive. From what I can make out, many if not most police forces, when they let the complainant know before you that an NFA is going to be issued, ask them if they want a review at that point. Only if they say no do they inform the accused of the NFA and though the complainant can change their minds, it doesn't happen often. So, if they've told you NFA, focus on that and rest assured that the likelihood of it being reviewed is tiny.

Here are some congratulatory bananas :

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
            Wonderful news!! Please don't worry about a review, think positive. From what I can make out, many if not most police forces, when they let the complainant know before you that an NFA is going to be issued, ask them if they want a review at that point. Only if they say no do they inform the accused of the NFA and though the complainant can change their minds, it doesn't happen often. So, if they've told you NFA, focus on that and rest assured that the likelihood of it being reviewed is tiny.

Here are some congratulatory bananas :

Hey frantic

Out of interest would they inform bother parties via letter? Isn't there a new thing about offering the complainant a meeting or is this just in exceptional cases?

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know Squonk. I've heard about the accused getting a letter out of the blue, and others who get a phone call followed up by a letter and still more who get a call from their solicitor if they have one, so there doesn't seem to be any consistency.

As for the complainant, all I know for sure is that they have the right to ask for a review of the decision. I don't know about any kind of conference, and I thought that they were simply informed. Anything new that gives them an explanation is news to me.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Hopefully someone else will come in with more and better information.
              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                I'm afraid I don't know Squonk. I've heard about the accused getting a letter out of the blue, and others who get a phone call followed up by a letter and still more who get a call from their solicitor if they have one, so there doesn't seem to be any consistency.

As for the complainant, all I know for sure is that they have the right to ask for a review of the decision. I don't know about any kind of conference, and I thought that they were simply informed. Anything new that gives them an explanation is news to me.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Hopefully someone else will come in with more and better information.
                Thanks Frantic. I was wondering because in the video of the interview with the DPP by the select committee she said she offered an interview to the complainant in the Gambaccini case. Keith Vaz seemed annoyed that nothing similar was offered to the accused! I thought maybe that was their policy now. Guessing not!

Comment

Working...
                X