Length of time CPS take to reach a charging decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length of time CPS take to reach a charging decision

Once the police have passed the file onto the CPS, the DPP has said the average time for a charging decision is 8 days. Is that people's experience here?

In my experience the file was handed to the CPS and they sent it back 3 times for more information I was on pre-charge bail for 13 months I hope in your case it is quicker and you are soon able to move on with living your life.

Comment

My understanding is that it is offence specific - so in the context of this forum re CSA the Police advise me to expect 4-8 weeks...

Comment

Thanks. The OIC told me it had been 'triaged' - I don't know whether that's a good or a bad thing. It's a widely used term in medical circles, but it's the first time I've heard of it in this context. I take it to mean that it hasn't necessarily been prioritised, but sorted in respect of it's priority, (or she could have used it in a colloquial way and actually did mean prioritised....so difficult to know). On one hand it might be because of the fact that they want to get me sorted and out of the system or they feel they have enough to pursue me. It's so hard to read the situation.

Comment

Hi Sqounk, our was handed to CPS end of October and charged 1st Dec so about 4 weeks

Comment

I have heard of it taking much longer sometimes.

unfortunately, although the end of the road appears near, it may take a little longer to get there.

hope it works out for you.
            Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
            Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Originally posted by sqounk View Post
              Once the police have passed the file onto the CPS, the DPP has said the average time for a charging decision is 8 days. Is that people's experience here?
              Thanks Lucky. Appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X